Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:10:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingD&W 2 : Gears Of Duty
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: D&W 2 : Gears Of Duty  (Read 7938 times)
AxelTheAs
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2009, 08:20:10 AM »

Synopsis:

Gears of duty is the direct result of the game Dragon and Weed: Black Ghost OPS (2.0 and 3.0). The game begins a few minutes after the end of BGO.

The side of Dragon

OMUS, unable to recover stolen nuclear head by Nemesis, organized with senior leaders of the Empire Royal in the capital of GUIG (Great Union Inter Galactic), Metropolis, to treat cases of Nemesis. Dragon is personally appointed the head of special forces, charged with securing the Empress of the Empire Vaordiens, Lord Leader Quasar  and Emperor Royal Levyaros.

Weed-side (or Fox)
Still imprisoned with Col. Da Verona (Azura), it expects to meet its performance indicator within its prison, discover the new plans for the invasion of GIN (Imperial  Nemesis Guard ).

Gameplay:

Since BGO, a lot of novelty are contained in the new game engine gameplay can be divided into three parts:

Action:
The action part, no surprise, that party should appeal to nag of all kinds. The animations of the characters were redesigned and new ones were added.
Control side, the game will offer a gameplay more nervous and more accurate than its predecessor.
Boss side, a new more "classic" but definitely will be offered effective, so the Boss will be more varied and "unique" in context.
Finally, again in comparison with BGO, novelty, a new category of characters will be playable, what I call the NSC (Non-shooters Characters).
NSC  as the name specifies, shall not use firearms, they will be equipped with their weapons being specific and can therefore perform melee attacks with more or less destructive.

Infiltration:
On this side, the innovations come primarily in management of AI enemies and potential allies. New actions were added to "facilitating" the infiltration. An important novelty is still worth noting, see below.

Exploration:

Exploration is part novel and tell me, exploration in a 2D game WTF? Well I would say that indeed at first, exploration in a 2D game that may seem boring, linear view useless ... But I questioned at length about this, and I think I found a solution that could be quite interesting. This solution will also be used in the levels of infiltration, but more simplified in this mode (yes this is the important development that I mentioned).
Here's what you will be offered, quite simply the solution that I think is a system of gates. Wholesale level would consist of several parts that through this door system, would make it on other plots of different maps or even to return to a previous one.

UPDATES:

-Febuary 25,2011 [screenshots added]
-September 18,2011 [First post edited, screenshot and informations added]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:57:25 AM by AxelTheAs » Logged
AxelTheAs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 02:50:54 PM »

Yo, this is the first screenshot of the game Smiley First I'll clarified somethings ^^ :

-This is a montage with the first game ressources so it will be the same than in game but here there not the HUD so this is the reason of the montage Wink
-The personnage used in the montage is not a personnage of the DaW 2 game Smiley ( an other personnage of an other game ^^')

This is the screen :

(Click on it for a better resolution Smiley)
PS : The nesquik screen is an exmample for the games sponsors billboard (for thanks).
See you Wink
AxelTheAs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 11:14:00 AM »

Hi these are new screens and this time In-game ^ ^
Good good do not get ideas that are screens that I made to look for possible delays with new resources for mapping. And at the right time, not a bit of lag throughout the game test ^ ^ (I had my little Toshop and open Firefox tabs and my 2000: p how well spoken on ^ ^)

As you can see the image is deliberately loaded, and few soldiers engaged in a little party Smiley (I observe in my vehicule Cool).
You will also notice that it is a game-built level  it's a testing one which involves the mixing of new resources and that of BGO (enemies and the background for example Tongue)

There are, I'll try to post new screens this month and in another level (complete this time ^^)

Ps: I removed the reflections on the water finally xD it makes lousy since I can not put the characters ^^'
AxelTheAs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 12:58:57 PM »

Hello Smiley Merry Christmas everybody Smiley This my present artworks and lots of new things in a spécial christmas news !

Google Traduire
Stane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 04:03:07 PM »

It's sad when nobody is commenting.
AxelTheAs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 04:09:10 PM »

lol a little but I've accustomed ^^
Stane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 04:17:03 PM »

It's a tough crowd around here...
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 07:02:37 PM »

Hey, I cant seem to find a demo and this seems a bit more like a development log rather than a demo or game ready for feedback so you may want to get this moved to the dev log section.(I could be wrong)  I havent looked around too much on your site but my first impressions are that the site is way too overwhelming with links and text.  It would be nicer to have a simpler site and not so many text links everywhere.  It makes it difficult to get an understanding of what your game is or what the website even is (is it for your development team? is it just hosting the game and screenshots? )  Hope this helps. Good luck.

AxelTheAs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 06:12:04 AM »

Hey, I cant seem to find a demo and this seems a bit more like a development log rather than a demo or game ready for feedback so you may want to get this moved to the dev log section.(I could be wrong)  I havent looked around too much on your site but my first impressions are that the site is way too overwhelming with links and text.  It would be nicer to have a simpler site and not so many text links everywhere.  It makes it difficult to get an understanding of what your game is or what the website even is (is it for your development team? is it just hosting the game and screenshots? )  Hope this helps. Good luck.
Thanks I'll re-work the games pages ^^ And this is the global website of the WDP so there is screenshots, artworks, videos, games, comics... all of our "products" ^^
jrjellybeans
Level 3

They're All Gonna Laugh At You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 10:46:19 AM »

Is there a download link?

Could you just post it?

The game LOOKS pretty neat...

AxelTheAs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 10:57:50 AM »

Is there a download link?

Could you just post it?

The game LOOKS pretty neat...
The game is under developpement ^^ There will have beta-sessions in Febuary 2010 an April 2010 ^^
stolide
Level 0

Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 11:33:51 AM »

Hey, I tried out the game. I thought it was ok. Honestly, I'm not too fond of "normal" shooters. Unless a game has a lot of strategy, or is unusual in it's concepts or art, I generally don't enjoy them too much. I got up to the first boss fight where the person was jumping around a lot and got kind of bored of it. She just kept jumping around and I shot at here when she went by. After awhile I exited out.

Sorry that is a bit on the negative side, but keep in mind it's not exactly my favoured style of game. Nobody went insane. There were no events too horrific to imagine. Tongue It didn't have a strategy with much complexity (that I noticed). It wasn't exceedingly strange or unusual. So, keep my general tendencies in mind when you consider my criticism.

Sites of mine,

(On energetic dualism) http://teneonon.weebly.com/

(Homebrew tabletop rpgs) http://quomodo.weebly.com/
AxelTheAs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 02:10:02 PM »

Stolide you've play the first game ^^ It's was my first game and now I've a little more experience ^^ I'll work on that in boss levels for D&W 2 Wink
Thanks for your critism ^^
stolide
Level 0

Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 08:45:56 PM »

Stolide you've play the first game ^^ It's was my first game and now I've a little more experience ^^ I'll work on that in boss levels for D&W 2 Wink
Thanks for your critism ^^

Oops. Tongue

Hopefully it helped anyway.

Sites of mine,

(On energetic dualism) http://teneonon.weebly.com/

(Homebrew tabletop rpgs) http://quomodo.weebly.com/
AxelTheAs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 02:57:37 PM »

Hello ^^ A little in-game video : the Nemesis Elite Core (level under construction), assault level.

eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 06:53:42 PM »

A friend with dragons and weed is a friend indeed. Tongue

AxelTheAs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 10:02:08 AM »

Hello Smiley I would like to present you my "serie" Dragon and Weed Origins. It's a french serie, and unfortunatly, I can't translate the first season called Origins : OutBreak :/ This is the synopsis of OutBreak :

(Sorry for my english u____u')

Dragon and Weed: Origins, is a serie between the manga and comics all in videos and scans.
It takes place 8 years before the game Dragon and Weed: Black Ghost OPS (2.0 and earlier).
We will discover the beginnings of the duo Dragon and Weed, and the events that led to Black Ghost OPS and more.
By following this weekly series you will understand better some events of BGO and 2.0 and Gears of  Duty.

Synopsis:

We are in 2053, then in a futuristic universe. The planet Earth is overcrowded, so some nations kill each other for a piece of land while other allied and work in space colonization. Thus were born the USE or UES (United States of Europe / United States of Europe) and UNCS (Union of Nations for Space colonization). Weed Dragon and two childhood friends are involved in the program Professional Assassins a special program of spiritual and military training for youth, from their 10 years. They leave the program early and engage in the joint army of USE.
It was on a mission for the USE that Amanda meets a teacher working for a secret organization, it will not delay to join ...
Vocabulary :

-OMS/OMSN : (Secret Military Organisations of Nations)
-Sychronisation, NOS & NO2S :

In Season 1, episode 5 the professor Amanda explain to D&W important information :

Amanda : Ah ... Weird ... Anyway the product I've injected Dragon is a product that is synchronized with your psychic energy or mental if you prefer ...
As it was strong enough that you do not want to die with NOS * it permits the rapid regeneration of your wounds.

Dragon alalala ... Energy psycotruc its me recall the good old days hey hey ...
Weed: The effect is permanent?
Amanda: Not with the NOS. But my grandfather has established the following NO2S * that they are permanent and transferable to future generations. We reserve members of the OMS and UNCS *.
Weed: What are the news?
Amanda: The NO2S are synchronized with the psychic energy (called the Aura), and that the genetic code of one of 4 elements in a database pre-established and governed by rules.
Weed: I see ...

-Aura/ Eikitsu : Spirit energy
-Ichikai : First Level of synchronisation
-Nikai : Second Level of synchronisation
-Sankai : Third Level of Sychronisation

-Pyromancian : People synchronized with the Fire element in the Great Master Data-base
-Hydromancian : People synchronized with the Water element in the Great Master Data-base
- an Adagaia Son : People synchronized with the Earth element in the Great Master Data-base
-an Etheris Son : People synchronized with the Air element in the Great Master Data-base

-Dixisis Primeira : The Dixisis Primeira is an elite military, composed of 10 young soldiers (Superior Professional Assassins). Dragon and Weed were in the Dixisis.

SO if you've read all of that, you can begin the Second season I've just begin Smiley

D&W Origins - Season 2 : The Fallen

Episode 1 : Back To The Light [B&W]

DOWNLOAD
READ ONLINE

Episode 2 : Briefing [b[]C][/b]

Episode 3 : HideAway [C]

Episode 4 :Complex - [C]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMJEQRQCy0k

Episode 5 : Reunion [C]

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/338238.html

Next episodes soon, If you wan't more informations, ask Smiley
Renton
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 03:26:53 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GEARS OF DUTY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Cheesy
AxelTheAs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 04:57:55 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GEARS OF DUTY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Cheesy
That's so funny ?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 04:04:42 PM by AxelTheAs » Logged
AxelTheAs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 12:40:12 PM »

Hello a new little video for fun ^^ Enjoy Wink

This is not a real level of DaW 2, just a level for fun and warfare ^^

PS : DaW 2 will run in 1260*720 pixels (I know its normally 1280 ^^) and 1024*720pixels instead the previous resolution who was 960*544 pixels
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic