Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:26:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsder bierdurchlauf
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: der bierdurchlauf  (Read 1414 times)
deathtotheweird
« on: October 21, 2009, 04:40:09 PM »

this is a devlog of my first game that was inspired a few days ago. I'm doing most of the graphics and music last so excuse the placeholders.

First off, the premise of the game:
a drunk american travels to berlin, to taste wonderful german beer, then he decides to break into a brewery and steal their beer.

gameplay:
Each room is it's own puzzle and the goal is to get to the exit. Along with dodging traps and hazards, such as boiling vats of beer, and he has to deal with robots and guards. It's almost non-violent, his only attacks are kicking in the shins and vomiting (replenished by stealing bottles of beer. But you can avoid all conflict. focus is on puzzles, not platforming.

Vomiting on a robot disables it and enables you to take control over it for a short time, to solve puzzles. (thanks to Hempuli for that idea, among others)

and here is the prototype to test the movement speed and overall feel of the player. the prototype was made in construct, in around 4 seconds and it shows Tongue. I'm not sure yet if I want to make it in flixel..but after ditching the pygame version I've gotten lazy.

prototype:
http://bit.ly/2AW7OH

edit: uploaded wrong version  Facepalm
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:51:28 PM by allen » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic