Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:01:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingExcavatorrr
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Excavatorrr  (Read 10390 times)
snowyowl
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2009, 02:47:19 PM »

I like this. I don't seem to be very good at it though; highest score I ever got was 10,000, and only because there was an idol relatively near the surface. The underground shops are useful; maybe you should be able to buy stuff from them? Or would that be too easy?
It certainly WOULD be too easy if you could regain health, but that's still annoying. I prefer Motherload (a similar Flash game, minus the gravity), but hardcore gamers will love your game!
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2009, 08:40:19 AM »

but... but... You can buy from the underground shopCry

letsap
Level 5

Have faith...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2009, 03:37:00 AM »

This is so much fun. Crazy

I had a pretty good laugh when I dug my way to the throne of Cthulhu, bosses like that should show up more though I think.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 08:40:28 AM »

If you aim for a good-score playthrough, they aren't very fun, so I think I'll keep the amount of bosses in what it is now. Currently 5 plays out of 20 contain bosses.

supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2009, 02:37:36 PM »

This game reminded me of some of the old DOS games my Dad used to bring home for us to play when we were little.  It's fun, but as another poster said, you have to be obsessively careful if you want to get a good score.  I like that though, I'm sort of a perfectionist so I would probably be playing carefully anyway.

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2009, 02:54:09 PM »

There are 2 persons in this world who've spent hours just planning their strategies to beat this game. I'm kinda proud of myself I guess (and of them, of course).

TheDustin
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009, 03:15:24 PM »

I totally want to dive into this, I've just had a whole bunch of awesome games drop in my lap in the past month.  Shrug It's definitely on my to-play list, though. I dig the changes that made it into the final version.
Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2009, 10:27:08 AM »

There are 2 persons in this world who've spent hours just planning their strategies to beat this game. I'm kinda proud of myself I guess (and of them, of course).

Make that 3 people!

Hempuli, you should have this be part of the open source stuff over on Daily Click. This game would be great to mod around with I'll bet.  Ninja

DXF Games: Just a Cleric, Equin- The Lantern, Hasslevania, ODW, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more http://dxfgames.com
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2009, 01:32:49 AM »

I doubt anyone would be interested. :D

Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2009, 06:28:14 AM »

I doubt anyone would be interested. :D

Oh I doubt that. I'd be, and I can't be the only one.  My Word!

DXF Games: Just a Cleric, Equin- The Lantern, Hasslevania, ODW, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more http://dxfgames.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic