Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:07:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWMD Tank Battle Multiplayer PBBG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: WMD Tank Battle Multiplayer PBBG  (Read 1837 times)
knuts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 19, 2007, 01:13:10 AM »

Hello All,

I'm hoping to get some feedback on the browser game I've been working on, WMD Tank Battle.

It is a casual multiplayer game with silly 2d graphics, based on AJAX and CSS sprites.
Blow stuff up, build eco and defenses, research technology, shoot missiles at people on the world map.
It should work in any browser, Firefox looks best but its tested in IE6,IE7 and Opera.

Screenshots of the main page and world map :

The quickstart page has the basics of how to play.

Any and all feedback is appreciated - thanks in advance !
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 01:17:21 AM by knuts » Logged

WMD Tank Battle A free multiplayer PBBG.
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 07:44:37 AM »

I'd like to give it a spin, but first, I strongly suggest that you introduce yourself in the introduction thread...

Later!

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 10:37:01 AM »

I tried the game and I got lost in a swarm of information. I think the game definitively needs to simplify. I'm not sure what I'm doing, I'm not sure how to do things and I don't know what's going on.

Perhaps it could be a good idea to boil down the game to simple basics and then add some game elements on it. Right now it feels like there are alot of possibilities but playing is very difficult and it becomes a chore. Everything feels too complexed.

The game would benefit from alot more feedback. For instance, we don't know what's going on when we click arround the map. The game needs to tell the player clearly where we clicked and what react to this clicking. Are we controling the tank or the character holding a flower? Right now, we can't know for sure.

I know you created an "how to play" page but the game should be easy to pick up without any one telling you what to do.

Well, keep it up. Simply focus on simple and clear mechanisms then build around those so that the player will know what to do instinctively.

Later!

knuts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 10:59:31 AM »

Thanks for taking a look Guert - I am in the process of redesigning the layout and I will try to simplify things as much as possible. I think a lot of people have just been confused when they first sign in, and I have tried adding stuff to make it easier like the quickstart page and the help popups on the first planet, but maybe I will think about cutting some things out and trying to make everything more intuitive somehow.

Thanks again for the helpful comments.

WMD Tank Battle A free multiplayer PBBG.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic