Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:07:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1nu's cavepaint sprites: last scrawled on November 28; now with feegles
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: nu's cavepaint sprites: last scrawled on November 28; now with feegles  (Read 13665 times)
nunix
Level 1

This space intentionally left blank.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 07:11:47 PM »

Did the world's worst t-rex. ;p There're four sets of legs (two for upright, two for long), and two tails, and I'm experimenting with the arms. But since it's a large image, posting all of the individual layers just takes up a huge amount of blank space for relatively little payoff; just went ahead and posted two examples. Probably will revise the legs on each some (have spent forever on the legs today, still don't have things quite right).

nunix
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 03:23:10 PM »

Couple quick-y staticy things (megaliths or portals to doom? YOU DECIDE) and I've been messing around with some kind of moving-paint animations:

We'll see how it goes.. ten days left!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 04:44:20 AM by nunix » Logged

nunix
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 04:24:43 PM »

The dots are just a reference layer. Was trying to do individual river "pieces" and realised that by doing essentially a handshake drawing (a million times) you could get a pretty good set of pregenerated river or ocean or road (or terrible tentacle) lines. Will have those in a zip file in the end.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 04:23:49 PM »

The uniqueness of these is still very refreshing to me. I'm sure they will see some use.

Maybe not exactly what you first intended though. Tongue

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
nunix
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 01:08:36 PM »

The uniqueness of these is still very refreshing to me. I'm sure they will see some use.

Maybe not exactly what you first intended though. Tongue

Hah! That's okay with me. I started out doin' it just cos I felt like it.. then I got bogged down in what I thought might be "useful" or "should" be in it.. now I'm back to just messing around. =p

He's got 6 or 7 frames of running (I duplicated a couple just to make it look a little better in this test-gif), a "shout at the heavens" thing, and.. the last bit was supposed to be bending down to smash the ground but it.. didn't turn out quite right. I think it's a good start on some kind of transformation animation, but I'll have to redo bits of it if I still want the ground-strike thing.

Will probably do some kind of jump animation for it, and maybe a set of alternate-transformed things (thinking maybe a tree and a bear) and call it good.

There's all kinds of white "crap" around it because I'm painting it on a transparent background, and I'm not actually erasing or adding paint, just moving it around with a knife.. but when the paint gets really thin it's tough to know if any is actually still there or if it's clean. I'll tidy up around the edges before final release.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 04:44:36 AM by nunix » Logged

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 01:17:05 PM »

That animation style is pretty awesome.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
nunix
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 02:08:46 PM »

Well I'm pretty much done with the painty-inky-guy animations, and yesterday I realised there was a way for me to use this contest for entirely self-serving reasons.

Friends.. I want a Nac Mac Feegle game.

I want this so much.

I don't really care what kind of Nac Mac Feegle game, but it'd be great if it included all of the following:

1) Fightin'.
2) Drinkin'.
3) Stealin'.
4) Fightin' and drinkin' and stealin'.

To that end, I have started making some sprites.

More to come along with some bonus tunes.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 04:44:55 AM by nunix » Logged

nunix
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 02:02:03 PM »

Am done. -.- Final total is 322 files @ ~8.5mb. Tossed a short (19s?) bagpipe-ish tune in there, along with two high-pitch transpositions. Seperate from the zip but also available to download is a 9-10minute, 25mb underwater ambient noise sample dealie. Links are at the top of the first post and also here: main and underwater.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic