Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 08:49:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Artician's Artwork
Poll
Question: What style of artwork do you want the most?
2D Sprites - Side-scrolling
2D Sprites - Overhead
3D Assets

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Artician's Artwork  (Read 4463 times)
artician
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 26, 2009, 06:45:10 AM »

First time poster, but I love this site and this sounds like a fun collaboration.  I want to get involved but before I do I'd like to know what is the most useful form of assets for everyone.  Please vote above and help give me direction! 

Thanks!
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 12:11:52 PM »

Anything. It's not a matter of having stuff being requested, it's a matter of doing whatever you feel like that you think could be used in a game. Stop asking and get to work! Grin

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
artician
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 01:49:27 PM »

Ha, sorry, but if I'm going to pour my free time into something like this I want to make certain it's going to be useful to as many people as possible, and not redundant to what I'm already seeing from others.  Part of the "contest" is to do well in regards to the former issue anyhow, and I just like being prepared.  Smiley
godsavant
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 05:16:35 AM »

I think it's actually against the compo rules for any of the programmers to request specific types of art from you. The whole point of the compo is improvisation.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 07:57:40 AM »

I don't think it's against the rules. It doesn't seem to be stated on the official rules anywhere. But I guess it's a bit soon to be asking people anything. Maybe aorund half-way we can see what kind of assets are still lacking and make a general request to all artists and musicians.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 08:25:08 AM »

I'd really like to see some more 3D assets. Right now there are more than enough sprites to make a 2D game, but there is not enough 3D content to make a 3D game.
JamesGecko
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 10:03:14 AM »

I'd really like to see some more 3D assets. Right now there are more than enough sprites to make a 2D game, but there is not enough 3D content to make a 3D game.

The man speaks truth. Right now I think we've got like a humanoid type thing, a temple, and a pillar. Also one or two other things I'm probably forgetting. It's not much.
Theil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 12:20:05 PM »

The man speaks truth. Right now I think we've got like a humanoid type thing, a temple, and a pillar. Also one or two other things I'm probably forgetting. It's not much.

I agree, as programmer I would really love to make something 3D, but I think there is not enough 3d assets to make a game =/.

I can make some 3D models but I don't know if that's against the rules, and I don't think it's possible to participate as programmer and artist.
falsion
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 12:22:05 PM »

I can make some 3D models but I don't know if that's against the rules, and I don't think it's possible to participate as programmer and artist.

Actually Derek said you can participate in both parts.

- YOU MAY PARTICIPATE IN BOTH PARTS, IF YOU WISH.
Theil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 01:47:21 PM »

Actually Derek said you can participate in both parts.

- YOU MAY PARTICIPATE IN BOTH PARTS, IF YOU WISH.

Great then I'm gonna make some 3D models
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 09:28:27 PM by Theil » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic