Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:14:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsDTW - Tenga Mortcele [FINISHED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: DTW - Tenga Mortcele [FINISHED]  (Read 2624 times)
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« on: October 26, 2009, 12:22:10 PM »

Tenga Mortcele is the world's most advanced secret electromagnetics laboratory, and now we control it. Unfortunately, some of the scientists activated the Gigantomagnet security lock down before we used the scientist vaporizer device. Your task is to pilot the bugbot v1 into the security checkpoint and override the security lock down. You'll need to find the manual override button, which looks like this
or
The manual override button is protected by additional security precautions, which can be deactivated using red buttons that look like this after they are activated:

There are checkpoints throughout the area that will automatically create a new bugbot if the one you are using is destroyed (by environmental hazards, for example). The checkpoints look like this:

When you activate a checkpoint is turns green.

Your bugbot has a number of capabilities. It has six legs, which it can use to walk forward (using the w key on your keyboard), backward (using the s key), left (using the a key), or right (using the d key). It can also use its legs to jump (using the space bar).

The bugbot has an camera that it can use to see things. The bugbot can turn and look around (using the mouse key).

The bugbot is equipped with a grappling hook, which it can fire (using the left mouse button key), retract (using the right mouse button key), and release (using the left mouse button key).

The bugbot will start at the entry to the security checkpoint. You should start by proceeding to the security checkpoint atrium, which looks like this:

Remember: The Sun's coronal mass ejection will reach Earth in ten hours. It will take eight hours for the Gigantomagnet to stop the Earth's core from spinning. That gives you two hours to disable the security lock down. Good luck.

Download (Windows, 972KiB)

It's not very long, and the difficulty curve might be (almost certainly is) a bit steep, but my week is up. This is my second, last (there's a 2-game limit, right?), and possibly only finished entry for the competition.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 12:25:37 PM by Gold Cray » Logged
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 03:14:30 PM »

yikes this game is hard. but really well done. and it doesnt look bad either.

i like how it feels to be a bugbot.
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 04:24:03 PM »

yikes this game is hard.
Yes, I'm pretty sure that this is because I don't spend enough time acquainting the player with the game. Given more time, and maybe a better level editor than gedit, I would ideally add a difficulty curve.

but really well done. and it doesnt look bad either.
Thanks. I was a bit nervous about releasing something in this state. I'm also glad that it works, because I haven't tested it on a lot of computers.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic