Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 09:59:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1DBB's Tilessets & Mecha Construction Kit - Final version
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: DBB's Tilessets & Mecha Construction Kit - Final version  (Read 63242 times)
dbb
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2009, 06:44:10 PM »

Two updates in one day! I'm on fire! Hopefully this should go some way to fulfill your custom-robot-accessorisation fantasies: See OP for full spritesheet.

Thankyou all for your continuing encouragement. It makes me happy.

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2009, 01:36:32 AM »

Holy hell, this might just enable me to do the game I figured nobody would make fitting assets for (the mech thingy, for that matter)
dbb
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2009, 05:28:07 PM »

YET ANOTHER UPDATE

More mecha bits including projectiles, explosions, and an armoured car. I think I'm going to leave the mech-related stuff here, and usethe last few days remaining to finish off a few bits of scenery and character sprites.

Stargoat
Level 2

Goat of the Stars

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2009, 03:15:52 AM »

This is easily one of the best and most useful resource sets. Awesome work, dbb.
Andrius
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2009, 04:23:16 AM »

Awesome set, very versatile! Also medieval mechs rules!!! Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin

Pixelfish
Level 0

A fish load of pixels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2009, 09:53:56 AM »

Every time this thread gets updated I get a new game idea. Awesome work and style.  Beer!

dbb
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2009, 04:58:03 PM »

I'll properly update the OP tomorrow, but just quickly before I go to bed, I decided that this thread needed an awesome megaboss. So I bring you this:

Combine these parts with the turrets and tracks in other sheets to create the "Iron Bastard" Mobile Megafortress. Well, that's what I'm calling it:

If anyone actually manages to program this so all the parts work together and it can move and shoot without totally falling apart I'll be very impressed.

ETG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2009, 05:52:29 PM »

So much awesome. I think I'll be using these assets even after the competition is over.

Seems like you could break that apart and easily make a military compound tileset.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2009, 06:58:41 PM »

One of the best threads around here certainly.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Stargoat
Level 2

Goat of the Stars

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2009, 09:15:54 PM »

I almost feel like I have to avoid using these assets because they'll be too popular Sad.
Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2009, 06:18:18 AM »

These are wonderful.  Beer!

...any chance of a T-junction for the railway tracks?

dbb
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2009, 07:03:01 AM »

These are wonderful.  Beer!

...any chance of a T-junction for the railway tracks?

Beer! to you too! Re. railway junctions, short answer is no. Long answer is I had a go when I first did the tracks, and quickly realised that the number of various combinations required to do a full set would be huge. Plus drawing all those sleepers was driving me a bit crazy.  It's a pity, because yeah, it is something of an obvious omission, but I've got to concentrate on doing stuff I can finish before the deadline now.

homeDrone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2009, 01:42:05 PM »

Sorry to jump in so late, but a hill and mountain tile for your world map tileset would be really convenient for me. You have those mountain wall bits, but I was hoping for just a one tile mountain bit. If you have time.

I feel like a kid in a free candy store looking at all these threads. Like a shopping spree dream I never wake up from. So much awesome work.
dbb
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2009, 04:14:10 AM »

Well, that's all, folks! I had hoped to get a little more done - I've still got some half-finished sprites on my hard drive that didn't quite make it.

On the other hand, it's nice to be able to hand over the hard work to someone else.

Go, Programmers, Go!   Hand Metal Left Tiger Hand Metal Right

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2009, 09:48:18 AM »

You can still upload the half finished stuff you know, could be found a use for it...

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
wlievens
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2009, 12:23:33 AM »

I created an account here just to login, and post here to say that these tiles are freaking awesome. Do you do contract work?
dbb
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2009, 04:14:08 AM »

I created an account here just to login, and post here to say that these tiles are freaking awesome. Do you do contract work?

I'll end you a private message or email. Short answer, yes.  Gentleman

drogoganor
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2010, 01:35:18 AM »

Hi,
I stumbled across this great sprite sheet when trawling google for some animated soldier sprites for an RTS game I'm making. I made some really crappy modifications lol:

My game/game engine are available at:
http://dengine.codeplex.com/

The screenshots are currently outdated at this time, you can see the old soldier sprite I was using!

The game is pretty alpha, but I'm working on it. Just getting gameplay working with a couple different types of units at the moment.

Thanks again for your great sprite sheet!
dbb
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2010, 04:37:25 AM »

Drogoganor, that's cool, as long as it's a not-for-profit thing - and looking at your site I see that it's for an open-source project, so yeah, go for it.

Actually your game and engine look really interesting. I like RTS games a lot, and have wanted to work on one for a while. If you wnt any help with the graphics let me know. I'm currently working on a big project that I have to give priority to, but I might have some stuff that you can use. And it would be nice to have a proper soldier sprite rather than the adapted one you've got there. Yeah. I'll be in touch.

Healy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2010, 05:17:52 PM »

Hey, where'd all the pictures go?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic