Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:37:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Why should I be so serious >:D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Why should I be so serious >:D  (Read 38251 times)
NotWorthy
Level 0

W/e doesn't kill you; simply makes you....STRANGER

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2009, 02:15:06 AM »

Hi

ART:  NotWorthy
MUSIC:Wyvern   
ART:  OutofOrder

we're gonna make some crazy shit - but no cliché Jokers i promise :X

Also I'm gonna be a coder for part 2 - i iz awesome at flash...no...look..<jaw click click>..listen - seriously

Cheers

NotWorthy's assets:

(in his pants)
also:

Inspired by the game Stupid Invaders, which graphics and atmosphere I loved, but would strangle the script writers for ruining the game with their lame toilet humor. (coughhypocritecough?)

Now something to keep you occupied while I whip out a nice Nazi for yah:
Olde unused - re-lightened re-rendered menu-items - thumbnails are gifs 100x100 127colors - originals are 400x400 apng:

Wyvern's assets: (the metaphorical ones are really really small - yes I checked)

I think Wyvern is done for this competition, so unless he claims otherwise on Sunday - consider his asset uploads closed.

OutofOrder's assets:

( NW: awesome ain't it? )

( COMPLETED!!! - NW: and awesome as usual )

( last minute add - COMPLETED!!! )

I think Auto is done for this competition, so unless he claims otherwise on Sunday - consider his asset uploads closed.

ANSWERS FOR THE MASSES:

APNG is superior to sprite sheets you lazy ass coders!
Discrimination - Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful :3
Comparisons to Tim Langdell are low blows and uncool >_<

The Nazi is coming on the last day of the competition - which if I recall correctly is the end of Sunday at midnight - whatever past promises I made, don't care - honor or pride are qualities too costly for me to afford.
What I am however is the guy that likes to finish his stuff at the last moment and still be able to produce something half-decent; so...

Copyright Notice*
It's free for all - mix and match - so whatever - still, listen to: "Weird Al Yankovic - I'll Sue Ya"
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 06:55:30 PM by NotWorthy » Logged

300 characters is too much - I'd go freaking crazy and freak you out - let's stick to the pic's personal text
NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 04:17:52 AM »

Can we use APNG (animated PNG) instead of sprite sheets? no loss in quality like gif, compressed, alpha, and people will be able to see the animated effect instantly and not have to put it together first.
Or are the potential coders too newb to be able to use that?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:49:28 AM by NotWorthy » Logged

300 characters is too much - I'd go freaking crazy and freak you out - let's stick to the pic's personal text
easynam
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 04:26:46 AM »

If you want to use apngs so people can see the animations, fine, but you should provide sprite sheets too so that people can use the assets more easily

NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 05:45:17 AM »

If you want to use apngs so people can see the animations, fine, but you should provide sprite sheets too so that people can use the assets more easily
Damn lazy coders

and secondly its all relative

for native programmers its easier to have a sprite sheet because they can just change the coordinates of the displaying rectangle

but for flash coders its easier to have each frame in a separate file and numbered - importing the first file it will ask you "this file seems to be part of a segment of files - do you want to import them per frame?")

also pretty sure you can drag and drop apng to flash

so i call BS

but still I will listen to the quoted collegue's advice Smiley

Sar
Level 3

Likes Violins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 06:18:42 AM »

Damn lazy coders

Yeah!

And while we're at it, what's up with those artists wanting paint and animation tools and not just putting their graphics together with a hex editor, eh? They don't know how lucky they are! ;-)

Currently working on: Chronicle of Mars
Previous Projects: [Käfer|Tristan and Iseult(TIGS)]
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 07:38:05 AM »

Don't expect to see much of your stuff being used if this is the kind of attitude you'll have around here.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 11:24:49 AM »

Don't expect to see much of your stuff being used if this is the kind of attitude you'll have around here.

Are you saying my work will be judged based on my personality and not the unbiased quality of the assets made by yours truly and both audio artists?

Do I smell discrimination or is that your armpit?   Kiss

NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 11:28:13 AM »

Yeah!

And while we're at it, what's up with those artists wanting paint and animation tools and not just putting their graphics together with a hex editor, eh? They don't know how lucky they are! ;-)

Touché Wink

EDIT:
Actually I did art once in a Norton Commander editor. It was my first "game" ever - and it was written in .bat - I used choice.com with a 1 sec timeout to display a B&W ascii art bomb with a clock ticking 9...8..7...etc - and you had to chose which cable to cut - and either u went explodie or u didn't - not sure what was the point of that game, but shame I lost the code, because it would be a worthy front page of my portfolio Wink
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 11:39:00 AM by NotWorthy » Logged

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 11:34:03 AM »

less drama more stuff

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 12:19:46 PM »

less drama more stuff

Less Macgyver more heterosexuality.

Also - doesn't the comp start on the 29th or 28th since the end date is 29th of Nov, dumbass?

EDIT: Anyways uploads incoming from the non-ass teammates

ak
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 12:58:13 PM »

Well i hope your art is super good otherwise it'll be very embarrassing for you.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 01:09:36 PM »

less drama more stuff

Also - doesn't the comp start on the 29th or 28th since the end date is 29th of Nov, dumbass?

EDIT: Anyways uploads incoming from the non-ass teammates
Aha oh wow , we have einstein here
<nedry pic>

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
perceptic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 01:17:31 PM »

less drama more stuff

I lul'd
NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 01:42:14 PM »

Why thank You, kind Sir Smiley

NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 01:49:16 PM »

Well i hope your art is super good otherwise it'll be very embarrassing for you.

If you had half a brain to know psychological basics - you'd know that people with unfounded self-confidence don't care what other people think and fall into complete denial if their creations are criticizes, blaming such a surprising opinion from an outsider to be simply cognitive dissonance.

Read more, fap less.

mr.mnml
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 02:05:29 PM »

Read more, fap less.

hey, it doesnt matter how awesome you are, be a lil more polite, come on. its not that hard. we're all gentlemen here, remember.
ak
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 02:14:19 PM »

Yeah, i mean it'll make it awkward for me because i'm a very empathetic person.

NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 02:17:18 PM »

Yeah, i mean it'll make it awkward for me because i'm a very empathetic person.

Heh, nice one - but that's really your shrink's problem, now isn't it?

NotWorthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 02:21:52 PM »

Read more, fap less.

hey, it doesnt matter how awesome you are, be a lil more polite, come on. its not that hard. we're all gentlemen here, remember.

In my personal opinion fapping IS a gentleman's profession Shocked

mr.mnml
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 02:26:35 PM »

yeah, and calling other people dumbass for no reason is too, i guess. kinda reminds me of ol' tim langdell Smiley.

ah, anyways, back to topic, lets see some work Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic