Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:16:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsImagine: Heaven on Earth - Anti-GTA. A Compo for a gaming mag!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Imagine: Heaven on Earth - Anti-GTA. A Compo for a gaming mag!  (Read 3700 times)
Chentzilla
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2009, 05:45:54 AM »

Hello!

As you may or may not know, I am, among other things, a senior editor in a magazine called Strana Igr (Game Land). So, today we received a letter from a reader where he proposed Rockstar to make an "anti-GTA" game called Imagine: Heaven on Earth. His proposal was actually quite detailed, and I thought that if not Rockstar, then maybe some of you can be up to the task. Sorry to break another competition, but, on the other hand, I think they can complement each other.

So, what the game should be like:
You play as John Lennon, one of the great pacifists, and Beatles' songs are the soundtrack. In the first levels you do good deeds like "help an old lady cross the street", "retrieve a cat from a tree", "help a drug addict to lose his addiction" and "to talk a man out of suicide". In the middle the game turns into a strategy where we control the crowd, like singing Give Peace a Chance at anti-Vietnam war demonstration in New York, collecting people under your banner. Later you get the divine blessing and gain the powers to control the forces of nature, so you make tornadoes to put the nuclear missiles from Iraq off-course; collecting giant rain clouds, put out forest fires in California. At the end we got a musical Gutar hero-like duel with the Devil represented by Marilyn Manson, using the most peaceful of Beatles' songs. Bu then Manson uses his secret weapons and brings us into an alternate 8th December of 1980, where we have to dodge Mark Chapman's bullets trying to call the police. At the end there's a battle in Heaven between angels and devils, Lord of the Rings style where the fate of humanity is at stake.
And the style of the game should be realistic, not your cartoonish Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Brutal Legend or Beyond Good and Evil.

So, how that sounds? If anyone succeeds making this game, I promise instant karma, coverage in our mag and fame.

Oh, and the guy's name is O. A. Koltsov (О. А. Кольцов), you probably should put it in the credits.
genericuser
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 07:04:58 AM »

I think the biggest deterrent to such a game being created is that you can go outside and be nice without suffering any big consequences.

(Another deterrent would be the fact that it's harder to program smiling faces and happy characters than exploding bodies and violent enemies)
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 06:49:35 AM »

I always liked this Coca Cola ad myself. In a way it's pretty similar to what you describe.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 12:13:52 AM »

> battle in Heaven between angels and devils
> doesn't know that Imagine is a song about atheism

Roll Eyes

Chentzilla
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 01:34:57 AM »

> battle in Heaven between angels and devils
> doesn't know that Imagine is a song about atheism

Roll Eyes

The anti-drug part is also nice. Probably he tries to cure a junkie, but gets wasted himself, and the rest is his trip?
Chentzilla
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 04:24:03 AM »

This one isn't it, but it has Lennon: http://norwegianwood.gangles.ca/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic