Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 02:40:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Oryx - LOFI Fantasy 2D/3D [FINAL]
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Print
Author Topic: Oryx - LOFI Fantasy 2D/3D [FINAL]  (Read 314422 times)
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 10, 2009, 09:20:05 PM »

quick and dirty key for 2d environment tiles

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3236997/oryx_env_key.pdf
Linus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 13, 2009, 01:40:25 PM »

Is there a bug in the portrait sprite sheet in the 7th row, far right?
I noticed that on the character sheet, this is some kind of mean and lean arch lich with a crown, but on the portrait sheet, it's more of a robot? Intended, or mistake? :<

Linus
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 15, 2009, 01:46:05 PM »

Is there a bug in the portrait sprite sheet in the 7th row, far right?
I noticed that on the character sheet, this is some kind of mean and lean arch lich with a crown, but on the portrait sheet, it's more of a robot? Intended, or mistake? :<

Linus

Oops, good catch - yeah that's a vampire lord, but I forgot to update the portraits with that - all the pixels are there in the character sheet, so it should be fine for you guys to fix that.
JavaJack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 20, 2009, 05:50:26 PM »

I tried an experiment of vectorizing a few sample tiles by hand in Flash, using quarter-circle pieces, or full-circle pieces on pixel boundaries, Just to see what it would look like.

It would take bloody ages to do the whole lot of them, though, even with a purpose built editor.
Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 02, 2010, 05:04:12 AM »

Played around in MineCraft  Grin

oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 02, 2010, 04:03:24 PM »

lol cool.
Ashkin
« Reply #246 on: January 02, 2010, 04:40:40 PM »

Been there, done that.

Cool

P.S. As you can see from the one on the right, it's hard working with color limitations.
doctorfrog
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 11, 2010, 08:29:11 PM »

What's the license on these sprites? I'm considering making a little animated roguelike avatar for myself.

EDIT: Silence indicates consent, I'm doin' it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 02:07:00 PM by doctorfrog » Logged
Swattkidd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 23, 2010, 07:15:52 AM »

I Love this thread! Great work Oryx!   Hand Shake LeftKiss Hand Shake Right
fragmentedvortex
Level 0

Oh, I misheard you. I thought you said 'gravy'!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: February 06, 2010, 03:49:14 AM »

I have been hunting around on the net for some good quality sprites for my huge new game inspired by NetHack... And found yours... And then signed up to this  site just so I could post a reply!

I'm not sure if I can use these or not, as I have nothing to do with the competition, but will use your graphics temporarily at least. Please reply and let me know if I can use them.

P.S: They are really cool graphics though!
 Hand Metal LeftNinjaHand Metal Right

P.P.S: I've only just started putting in the Inventory display, and I can't find any graphics for helmets or hats other than the silly ones... I could just modify the player sprites to make them, I suppose...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 04:11:48 AM by fragmentedvortex » Logged

------

I use Game Maker a lot, and am working on a NetHack- inspired project called 'Dungeon Demons'. I will be putting up a sub-site for it... When I've got my main site remade!
CiroContinisio
Level 3

Eat this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: February 06, 2010, 05:28:23 AM »

I tried an experiment of vectorizing a few sample tiles by hand in Flash, using quarter-circle pieces, or full-circle pieces on pixel boundaries, Just to see what it would look like.

It would take bloody ages to do the whole lot of them, though, even with a purpose built editor.

The archer and king are very good, the pirate is a bit so-so because of the bandana knot (too thin).
Anyway, it's useless to make this rounded work if they are to be seen so small (1x), at least a 2x zoom is needed to appreciate the details.

oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 06, 2010, 12:23:18 PM »

I'm not sure if I can use these or not, as I have nothing to do with the competition, but will use your graphics temporarily at least. Please reply and let me know if I can use them.

P.P.S: I've only just started putting in the Inventory display, and I can't find any graphics for helmets or hats other than the silly ones... I could just modify the player sprites to make them, I suppose...

Sure you can use it, for non-commercial stuff Smiley I may not have made a helm set, not sure - You should check out Oddball's sprites he may have something you can use.

SHiLLySiT
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: February 18, 2010, 05:26:52 AM »

To Oryx:

I hope you don't mind, I'm using your sprites for my newest game.
http://lonelypixel.wordpress.com/2010/02/18/lonely-pixel-newsim-developing-a-game/ and http://lonelypixel.wordpress.com/arrow-followers/.
If you would like, I'll send you some builds when it becomes playable so you can see your work in action. =]

p.s. signed up here just to post this haha.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 11:23:42 AM by SHiLLySiT » Logged
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 18, 2010, 06:58:35 PM »

Added new dungeon features expansion set.

and new complete .ZIP file :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3236997/oryx_lofi_1.2.zip
britzl
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 02, 2010, 03:30:31 AM »

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Oryx? I've tried sending him a PM him but haven't received a response.
Slash - Santiago Zapata
The White Knight
Level 4

Java/Javascript Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: August 20, 2010, 10:27:15 AM »

I guess you've got your response already Mr. Ritzl?

gummikana
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: November 09, 2010, 06:40:11 AM »

Thank you so much for making the sprites. They're awesome!

I made a game using them: http://www.kloonigames.com/blog/games/mazeofspace

Petri Purho
hijolovehija
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 02, 2011, 08:38:07 PM »

Can I use this sprite sheet for a web-based game I am creating? Currently I'm a one person studio so this is going to be an indie game (or games).
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: June 25, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »

Does anyone have a list of games that use these graphics anywhere? They're too awesome, I love them. Did anyone make a first person dungeon crawl like those mock ups? They look so good so I sure hope someone did. I just found this little roguelike-ish game called Legends of Yore that uses these graphics and it's so cute too. Thanks, Oryx!

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Wintran
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 16, 2011, 04:09:08 PM »

What the... Is the license non-commercial?

Are you aware that a new and very popular game called Realm of the Mad God makes heavy use of your art? It's definitely a commercial game as it uses in-game credits that must be bought with real money.

http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/

In case you didn't know.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic