Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411197 Posts in 69315 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 03:52:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Oryx - LOFI Fantasy 2D/3D [FINAL]
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Print
Author Topic: Oryx - LOFI Fantasy 2D/3D [FINAL]  (Read 314424 times)
Ashkin
« Reply #260 on: July 16, 2011, 05:31:52 PM »

What the... Is the license non-commercial?

Are you aware that a new and very popular game called Realm of the Mad God makes heavy use of your art? It's definitely a commercial game as it uses in-game credits that must be bought with real money.

http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/

In case you didn't know.
Hm, that's actually a good point. All of Assemblee's work is licensed under Creative Commons, which means noncommercial use. The folks at Realm of the Mad God, however, appear to be gaining profit from the use of Oryx's sprites.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: July 16, 2011, 05:34:34 PM »

I thought oryx was working on this game or sthg

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: July 16, 2011, 05:36:58 PM »

Mad God Oryx  Blink

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Ashkin
« Reply #263 on: July 16, 2011, 09:39:15 PM »

Mad God Oryx  Blink
I thought that was just a tribute to the maker of the sprites... Realm of the Mad God was originally a prototype built during Assemblee Part 2, which, as you may recall, could only be participated in by people who did not make assets during part 1. That means that Oryx couldn't've been part of the team...
Who knows, maybe he was added to development later, or they just asked for permission.
Geeze
Level 5

Totally.

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 16, 2011, 10:19:13 PM »

They made a separate contract for commercial use of the sprites. Atleast they did that for my animations. And probably with Oryx also.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: July 17, 2011, 01:27:57 PM »

Yes, they did everything very legally and above board for the sprites of mine that they used. They were very nice and generous people to work with. There is nothing about the CC license that prevents separate licenses being sold for commercial use. In fact I have sold many commercial licenses for assemblee sprites and still do to this day.

Wintran
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 17, 2011, 04:40:05 PM »

Good to hear! I feel it's extra important that freer licenses are treated correctly.
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 13, 2012, 06:47:58 PM »

Horror version
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=26033.0
DarknessX03
TIGBaby

The Bushil Overlord

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 08, 2012, 03:46:12 AM »

Eh, sorry to necro this topic (it's been worse before though xD) But I have a bit of a request, oryx. I hope it's not too much, but.. I was wondering if you could make werewolf (front, back, side) sprites, a 16-bit phoenix (front, back, side), and a 16-bit gryphon (front, back, side) x_x I'm sorry if this is a bit much. You're welcome to turn me down, of course. c:
linkerbm
Level 0

Sup.

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2012, 03:23:12 PM »

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that i'm using these sprites in a game i'm making. It may be downloadable, but I want your permission to use the sprites before I begin finalizing it.
So, may I use your sprites and tiles? I'll give you credit and such.
Thesoundofgrafix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 23, 2012, 07:54:18 AM »

Could I please use this in my game? I would be using it more for the hud and for some low-fi cutscenes. I'm making an rpg and I think this would really fit.
IndieEmma
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 27, 2012, 08:00:45 AM »

Could I please use this in my game? I would be using it more for the hud and for some low-fi cutscenes. I'm making an rpg and I think this would really fit.

You can use all of these, but not for profit.
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 24, 2013, 05:16:37 PM »

Commercial licenses are available on the website - www.oryxdesignlab.com
sedna16
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 26, 2013, 02:18:35 AM »

@oryx - I tried to buy the fantasy sprite set but the checkout page only accepts credit cards. I only have paypal.
IndieEmma
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 28, 2013, 10:31:00 AM »

Commercial licenses are available on the website - www.oryxdesignlab.com

Oh, okay cool.
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 30, 2013, 07:24:28 PM »

For anyone interested in higher resolution fantasy sprites I have just released a new set called The Ultimate Roguelike Tileset

The set features thousands of fantasy sprites including heroes, creatures, dungeons, items, portraits, cinematic sets, interface, and more!

Based on the style started with Brogue and Infra Arcana, the set is monochromatic allowing them to be colored dynamically in engine. It also attempts to retain the simplicity, charm, and flexibility of ascii, with the advantages of a more modern look.

You can get information on the set, including screenshots at: http://oryxdesignlab.com/ultimate

Oryx
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: June 22, 2013, 01:23:30 PM »

That's some incredible stuff, too bad there's no game with them (yet) Sad

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 28, 2015, 08:18:45 AM »

whaa why is it gone?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic