Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 11:53:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Tiles Turtles Loops [[MISSION ACCOMPLISHED]]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Tiles Turtles Loops [[MISSION ACCOMPLISHED]]  (Read 30099 times)
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 05:30:30 PM »

TOO MUCH COWBELL!  :D
I added an option just for you.

hi
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 05:40:46 PM »

The new cowbell song sounds like a village theme, like the first hometown?
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 06:54:43 PM »

Oh wait did you mean like a full length song?  I think I misunderstood.

hi
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 06:56:09 PM »

Oh wait did you mean like a full length song?  I think I misunderstood.

No, I was complimenting the fact it was like a village theme! (I did mean a full length song in the original request, but you certainly delivered awesome anyways  Wink)
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2009, 07:07:34 AM »

Nicely done, all of it! It's all very usable in games, and when I finally get around to making some songs, I'll be taking cues from you: Shorter tracks, fewer instruments, less complexity. My stuff generally tends to fall into the 'Rob-Hubbard-insane-synth-solos' school of game music, which is a habit I hope to get out of for this competition.

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 01:07:50 PM »

Cow Bell, YYYEEESSS!

Nice work dude!

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2009, 01:27:31 PM »

I'll be taking cues from you: Shorter tracks, fewer instruments, less complexity.
NOOOOOOOO THEY ARE MY SECRETS!!  You'll have them over my dead body! Hand Shake LeftOutragedHand Knife Right

P.S. Added some beep boop bip song.

hi
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2009, 12:03:47 AM »

And now for a song we can all sing along with!
http://timeforcute.com/cute/2009/11/ahh.mp3

Lyrics:
Aaaaaaaah~

Aaaaaaaah~

Aaaaaaaah~

Ah oh ah oh~

hi
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2009, 01:13:58 PM »

2 Simpler loops.
http://timeforcute.com/cute/2009/11/marimbathing.mp3
http://timeforcute.com/cute/2009/11/guitarthing.mp3

Don't say I ain't never did nothin for ya. Noir

hi
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2009, 04:17:16 PM »

Ok so apparently the looping was off on a track, specifically: allofthemlol  Big Laff

Now they are fixed, still trying to figure out if there's a way to easily loop them (like a flash app or something) without just playing the track like 3 times.  Windows Media Player won't do it of course, and dewplayer also skips before looping.

In the meantime I'll keep makin more mmmmmmmmmmmusic.
:handanykey:Cool

hi
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2009, 07:29:41 PM »

I know some other musicians in this competition have been using Fruity Loops, and if I am correct I think that Fruity Loops leaves a slight bit of silence at the end of many songs.  But I don't know what issue you were having with looping. 

To check if they loop well you can use Audacity.  Hold the Shift key and push Play and it will be played and then repeated continuously without break (I think).  In Audacity you can pretty easily remove any silence at the end of the track if that is your issue.  You could also loops the whole track too.

Anyways, keep up the nice work jrhill.  I like what I am hearing from you!

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2009, 08:10:19 PM »

Thanks bro, that's exactly what I did.  I use a combo of pxtone, FL and Audacity.

My only problem now is that I want to be able to let people hear it looping, since I know that if the scripting mages out there are like me, they aren't going to get an idea of what the song is from a 2 second sample...  So basically I want to make it user-friendly to listen to, so people don't have to go open Audacity or winamp or something to see what it actually sounds like.

P.S. Also thinking about adding an alternate version or two of each track so that those wacky developers can mix up the flow of a song on their own.

hi
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2009, 08:51:49 PM »

P.S. Also thinking about adding an alternate version or two of each track so that those wacky developers can mix up the flow of a song on their own.

I have dreamed/wished of mixing and matching phrases of music to change with the game play/flow.  Kind of like being able to choreograph music to the action, rather than the other way around. I'd love to have two tracks that I could switch back and forth between.  Sounds like a very logical way to go about coordinating music and game play/flow.

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 09:10:38 PM »

Hey I drew these dudes!

Edit: Kind of thinking of doing attack animations for like a tiny fighting game.  Maybe I'll put in some animal dudes too.  Oh and girls, lol.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:26:39 PM by jrhill » Logged

hi
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2009, 03:59:13 PM »

HERE'S A SLOW KICK!
I'll do transparents later...

hi
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2009, 10:00:51 AM »

Haha, alright, there are some dudes!
I was thinking some of the music and sound threads around here could benefit from more eye candy.

Your characters are all easily identifiable.
The balding man in purple with a scarf;  the blond, short and suspender wearing kid;  the black wearing an orange button up shirt;  the sun glasses wearing guy with hair with form and a soft green/teal shirt.  Nice work.

You are doing attack animations?  Great!  Could have all kinds of fun with these.
Oh, and you say girls too!?  Maybe some animals as well?  AWESOME!

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2009, 04:17:24 PM »

TWO MORE LOOPS!!

Ghost Robots
A song that makes me think of Pencerkoff's pudding man.

That title is cool, so...

Should I change the guys so they all can have chainsaws?  y/n
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 04:30:39 PM by jrhill » Logged

hi
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2009, 06:06:02 PM »

Got rid of those dudes and made a turtle.

Look at the turtle!!

What other animations (and/or accessories) should he have?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 06:16:43 PM by jrhill » Logged

hi
Healy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2009, 08:07:42 PM »

I think one dude in the request thread wanted an eating sprite, right? Maybe you could make that.

Also you should totally make a Beatle-esque poppy tune.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2009, 12:49:22 AM »

TILES!!
 Shocked

Hand Money LeftBig LaffHand Money Right SEGA MASTER SYSTEM PALETTE FOR LIFE! Hand Money LeftBig LaffHand Money Right

hi
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic