Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:16:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeHelp me with the next RunMan game!?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help me with the next RunMan game!?  (Read 3534 times)
Tom Sennett
Level 3

Indie Game Legend

View Profile WWW
« on: November 01, 2009, 08:21:59 AM »

Gentlemen. My Word!

Matt and I recently wrapped up RunMan: Race Around the World, and it is by all accounts a rousing success.

Now I seek to embark on a new journey. I intend to make another RunMan game, different from RATW - a new adventure in new lands. But still fun, dig?

I'm looking to collaborate with someone on it. You'll handle the coding, I'll take care of the graphics, and both of us will probably work in that amorphous realm of "design". You'll need to be familiar with programming physics (Box2D or something similar is what I've got in mind) or at least have the confidence that you can pull it off. I'm open to pretty much any language/platform except Game Maker or MMF, and I'd like to get started as soon as possible.

If you are interested in helping me on this, just post here with a link to some of your previous work and your preferred platform(s). If you've got completed games, that's groovy, but I'm interested in tech demos and stuff as well. Just show me what you can do.

Hand Money Left LET'S MAKE SOMETHING AWESOME Hand Money Right

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 02:45:01 PM »

Oh shit. This is when I wish I started programming earlier.

Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 08:58:25 AM »

Mark me down as: interested Well, hello there!. I've been making games for a few years, but I am not very good at finishing them. I think what I need is a friendly collaborator to keep me motivated and poke me with a sharp stick if I get lazy or distracted.

I made a

for my final year project, so count myself as fairly competent in that area. My choice of language would be either C++ or Flash/AS3, depending on the details of the project.

I have many games in varying states of completion. Probably the best and most complete is Mindbender (warning: bends minds).

Let me know, Mr. TOM. Beer!

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 10:17:30 AM »

It would all depend on the finer details of the project, but I'm certainly interested enough to hear more. Here are a bunch of one day prototypes I did, they're all physics based, and here are a few of my older games. I'm comfortable using Box2D and work on Mac, Windows and Linux.

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 10:23:26 AM »

Gentlemen. My Word!

Matt and I recently wrapped up RunMan: Race Around the World, and it is by all accounts a rousing success.

Now I seek to embark on a new journey. I intend to make another RunMan game, different from RATW - a new adventure in new lands. But still fun, dig?

I'm looking to collaborate with someone on it. You'll handle the coding, I'll take care of the graphics, and both of us will probably work in that amorphous realm of "design". You'll need to be familiar with programming physics (Box2D or something similar is what I've got in mind) or at least have the confidence that you can pull it off. I'm open to pretty much any language/platform except Game Maker or MMF, and I'd like to get started as soon as possible.

If you are interested in helping me on this, just post here with a link to some of your previous work and your preferred platform(s). If you've got completed games, that's groovy, but I'm interested in tech demos and stuff as well. Just show me what you can do.

Hand Money Left LET'S MAKE SOMETHING AWESOME Hand Money Right

Iphone? Like these guys? http://www.canabalt.com/ Sort of similar games. I'd love to, but my code list is stacked with like 6 games in various stages of completion  Shocked

EDIT: holy crap mindbender is awesome

destiny is truth pre-op
Hubol
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 01:47:20 PM »

Whoa. Are you serious?
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 03:40:53 PM »

Whoa. Are you serious?
I believe he is. Found anyone yet?

destiny is truth pre-op
ChevyRay
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 06:40:07 PM »

Nice. Good luck Tom, look forward to whatever craziness you think up next.
James Kaudewitz
Level 0

Aughmogmog!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 11:19:21 AM »

I'd love to help... if I could code outside GM  Sad
Hope someone awesome comes along!

est. February 2009
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic