Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 12:45:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallRocketbirds: Revolution!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Rocketbirds: Revolution!  (Read 4656 times)
dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: November 01, 2009, 11:29:27 PM »

Rocketbirds: Revolution!
http://www.rocketbirds.com

Take control of HardBoiled Chicken, the original Cock of War, and lead the rebellion against Putzki and his army of penguin oppressors to free  Albatropolis!

Rocketbirds:Revolution! is a cinematic 2D action/puzzler set in the Rocketbirds universe, a world filled with angry and often violent birds. Check out www.rocketbirds.com now to play the demo or grab the full version for $9.95.

-----

Proving that Flash is both the beginning, the middle, and the end to all things, R:R started 10 years ago as an animated flash short called "Albatropolis" (http://www.ratloop.com/?media/albatropolis).

If you're going to compare it to something, let me suggest a few games: Flashback, Blackthorne, Out of This World, Oddworld, Prince of Persia, etc. It's a screen-by-screen 2D game with guns and stuff.

I didn't personally work on Rocketbirds; I just playtested and enjoyed the hell out of it. It was created by a couple other Ratloop guys in Singapore who started a sister company, "Ratloop Asia", to focus on this game.

Enjoy!

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 11:57:20 PM »

It looks nice. But is this a puzzle-stealth sort of game or a shoot-em-up? The games you mentioned got me excited because they imply that it's the former... but in the trailer, all I see is a lot of chickens shooting at each other. Can you clarify?

dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 12:08:52 AM »

There's a lot of gun combat and not really much stealth. There are more methodical bits, but the trailer is designed to show some rockin action and leaves out the slower stuff. There's an actual story playing out, with a clear narrative, so it's not just mindless shootin.

The free demo showcases a good chunk of the gameplay if you want to taste exactitude.

mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 12:10:09 AM »

There is a "demo" on the site.

I played it and the animation/art is amazing, however I couldn't keep playing because I just simply didn't like the controls and the whole platforming deal was more annoying than fun.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 12:13:43 AM by mark » Logged

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
LoTekK
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 03:58:14 AM »

Hello thar, I'm one of the aforementioned couple of guys in Singapore. :p (I did the enviro art)

There are puzzles and combat, but as dukope mentioned, there aren't any stealth mechanics per se. Later on you'll get grenades, as well as an Oddworld-esque ability to mind-control your penguin adversaries.

I'll be cutting together a proper trailer in the next day or two that should show off the gameplay a little better. The current one was put together pretty hastily during crunch. Smiley

lokijki
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 04:22:01 AM »

I really, really like this. o.o Its like a 2D Tomb Raider, with insane art involving chickens.

My games on  GameJolt.com

PGGB
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 09:09:28 AM »

Good gameplay and fantastic concept.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley
alspal
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 05:45:32 PM »

I liked the moviewatch of the trailer, the demo seemed okay but I mainly only enjoyed the graphics.
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 01:09:39 PM »

This looks as delicious as chicken nuggets.

Aaron P
Level 0

!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 01:36:41 PM »

This is Flashback with a chicken.....and I like it  Well, hello there!

Seriously thou, this is a pretty neat game ( only played the demo ) very polished and the game plays almost identical to flashback, which is a good thing.  Beer!
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 02:08:30 PM »

this game is great, I really liked it but sorry: no downloadable version\offline play so it's a no buy for me as I'm not always connected (and I hate playing inside a browser)

edit: i saw the launcher... very nice, still you need to be connected to play and that suck hairy donkey balls.
I know it's a protection against piracy but it's also against your users
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 02:48:36 PM by Eclipse » Logged

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
jrjellybeans
Level 3

They're All Gonna Laugh At You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 02:28:43 PM »

I played the demo.  LOVED the art.  It was fantastic!

The controls weren't all that smooth for me.  I just found them awkward.

It was a neat game, however!  If I was more into these types of games, I can see how much I'd love it!

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2009, 02:31:32 PM »

The controls weren't all that smooth for me.  I just found them awkward.

Controls are perfect if you know Flashback

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Curseman
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »

The animation and visuals are very well done, and the gun fights are kind of fun.  One minor thing that managed to stand out in my eyes was the way the crate was set up so that it can't get stuck against a wall.  The solution was simple and effective, especially for something too many games out there get wrong.

I didn't like how the player character's jumps are a bit sluggish, and it's hard to tell which jumps he can make, and which are just out of reach.  The player also should have been exposed to a situation where they can hide in the shadows before they meet an enemy who can do it.  That first encounter with the guy who hides is unnecessarily confusing because the player doesn't know they should expect that sort of thing.
jrjellybeans
Level 3

They're All Gonna Laugh At You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 09:38:09 AM »

Controls are perfect if you know Flashback

I do know Flashback!  Loved that game!

I think actually the real problem was that I was playing with a keyboard instead of a controller.  I wish I could explain it better, but that's the only reason I could think of why the controls were odd for me.

LoTekK
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 11:34:12 PM »

this game is great, I really liked it but sorry: no downloadable version\offline play so it's a no buy for me as I'm not always connected (and I hate playing inside a browser)

edit: i saw the launcher... very nice, still you need to be connected to play and that suck hairy donkey balls.
I know it's a protection against piracy but it's also against your users

Sorry to necropost, but just wanted to let you know we've been putting a fully-downloadable version together. I can't say when exactly it'll be available (am I allowed to say "soon"? :p), but it's coming. Smiley

jrjellybean:
We're working controller support into the downloadable version. Smiley

jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 01:18:02 AM »

Hey

Congrats on the triforce nomination!  Beer!

LoTekK
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 03:39:33 AM »

Cheers, jeb. Smiley a few days on now, and we're still utterly gobsmacked. I reckon I'll still be pinching myself come march :p

Beer!

deathtotheweird
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 07:59:35 AM »

this is good news. I'll definitely pick this up in a downloadable version. Also, if I buy it now do I get the downloadable version later?
LoTekK
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »

Also, if I buy it now do I get the downloadable version later?
Yup, to not do so would be cruelty on our part. :p

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic