Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 08:37:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1BigLon's Thread o' Stuff
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: BigLon's Thread o' Stuff  (Read 20200 times)
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2009, 12:46:10 PM »

Hey all,

ALL my Assets entered for Assemblee: Part I are avaiable here, in one large zip!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dwztzizhwe2/BigLon All Assemblee Part I Entries.zip

Here are some sound effects all made by sfxr thus far.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t1zhmnmkyci/BigLon sfxr 16bit Wav 505 8Nov09.zip
   Here are 505 assorted sound effects created using sfxr.  All 16bit Wav (let me know if you prefer MP3 or Ogg) sound effects.  
   Lots of laser pews, explosion echos, computer denieds, ocean waves, knocks, selects, shrinks, etc.  Some animal noises, scifi sounds, slashes, boings, werps, woahs, oh noes, bird chirps, helicopters, trains, engines, falls, coin collects, pick up, power up, power down, etc.
   Demo of a few of the sfx: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ejnrfzkygzm/BigLon sfxr 16bit 505 8Nov09.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/file/momgkjlmmqw/2800 SFXR Effects WAV.zip
   These were thrown together using autohotkey and sfxr.  Creation of these sound effects have been nearly fully automated, mass produced sound effects.  Kinda like 'bargain bin' of sound effects.  Quality and usability of these sounds have not been checked.
   Sounds include 100: Explosions, Blips, Hits, Powerups, Shoots, Pickups and Jumps.  Also includes 3 mutated generations of each sound effect.  So there are a total 2,800 sound effects here.  Mostly quantity, not quality.  All MP3 Format for now.  So while they are categorized and numerous, some of the SFX's usefulness may be questionable.  I think many of the SFXs in this pack can be useful, just gotta find em.  Tongue
   Many of the explosions may also be used for gun shots, thuds, jet thrusts, and smacks.  Power-ups seems well varied, some of them may be useful for (other than 'power-ups) jumps, hops, bounces, text, instrument and computer noises.  Blips, well, sound like blips, short duration...  Of the Hits, some may also be used from laser pews, foot steps, slahes, and many, many 'hits/hurts' kind of noises, quite short in duration. Jumps sound like jumps for the most part (to me at least).  Laser shots are short.  Pickups have a short durations as well.

Please note that many of these sounds are short in length and that some programs like VLC (atleast my configuration of it) will skip the first 1/10th of a second, or more, which could be well more than half of the sound effect.
The program Audacity tends to be most accurate in audio file play back.
I recommend using 7zip to open the archive.

If you want more of a certain type of sound effect, such as animal noises, power-ups, pickups, gun shots, explosions, footsteps, bangs, clashes, etc or if you have another request feel free to ask.

WARNING
   Please note that I have uploaded the bellow 'Visual ASSETS' after the deadline, however I had created them before the deadline. (assuming the deadline was Nov 29th)

Example of some attempts at visual art:

Download all the visual assets here:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/3q1zmjefkyl/Big Lon Visual Entry.zip
Many of these are 32x32 tiles.  The font was designed to be divided into 32x32 pixel characters.

Not all my visual entries are shown the above images. Some have transparencies, some don't...

More to come... Nah, deadline has come and gone!  Actually there will be a Zip file ready to download containing all my entries for 'Assemblee Part I' later today.
Uploaded, link may be found at the top of this post.
   I hope you are all enjoying this fantastic Assemblee Competition at least as much as I am!

EDIT: 5 January 2010, updated the topic icon.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 12:35:11 AM by BigLon » Logged

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Tycho Brahe
Level 10

λx.x

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 01:41:52 PM »

downloading now, I'm excited...
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 01:57:06 PM »

Smiley
I will be uploading a new collection before the end of the competition with a wide variety of sound effects that I will take more time with.  Maybe even some voice work.  I'd actually consider those 'Art'.
  The currently uploaded 2,800 SFX pack is 'procedurally generated' using Autohotkey and sfxr.  A bunch of generic noises.  I did not 'hand' make them or hand tweak them.  Just throwing out a bunch of 'semi-categorized' sound effects.  Now we have a whole bunch of sound effects.  Their quality and usability is iffy, but at least there is a selection of semi-categorized noises/sfx.

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 10:55:17 AM »

505 more sound effects created using sfxr including: Explosion Echo, Tink, Whoa, Oh-No, Woop, Swim, Bubbles, Ocean Wave, Laser Pew, Animal Cat Mew, Animal Bird Chirp, Scifi Sonar, Computer Denied, Select, Shoot, Slash, Flaming, Footstep, etc

Shackles
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 06:01:29 PM »

That is a lot of sound effects. With them you can pretty much make any type of game. Nice work!
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 02:20:22 AM »

Thanks for these.

Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 09:55:49 AM »

That is a lot of sound effects. With them you can pretty much make any type of game. Nice work!
Thanks, was fun to do!
Thanks for these.
Sure thing.

I have some tiles I made for the contest weeks ago.  I know the contest deadline has been reached now.  Thought maybe I would try to post them if that is fine with people.  Does anyone know of a good way to batch convert 30+ files from .xcf (GIMP format) to .PNG?  Thanks.

HanClinto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 10:04:04 AM »

Does anyone know of a good way to batch convert 30+ files from .xcf (GIMP format) to .PNG?  Thanks.
Use ImageMagick -- a command line image processing tool that reads .xcf

Code:
convert myAssembleeImage1.xcf myAssembleeImage1.png

(from this Stack Overflow question)

--clint
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 11:07:19 AM »

Does anyone know of a good way to batch convert 30+ files from .xcf (GIMP format) to .PNG?  Thanks.
Use ImageMagick -- a command line image processing tool that reads .xcf

Code:
convert myAssembleeImage1.xcf myAssembleeImage1.png

(from this Stack Overflow question)

--clint

Thanks Clint!  ImageMagick worked like a charm.  I used this command to convert a whole folder full of .xcf (GIMP files) files to .PNG:
Code:
mogrify -format png *.xcf
(for any of you interested/curious)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 03:30:23 PM by BigLon » Logged

RodrigoCard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 06:38:50 AM »

I was trying to download the big zip today, but looks like mediafire is offline... :/

are the links working for you?
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 12:38:07 AM »

I was trying to download the big zip today, but looks like mediafire is offline... :/

are the links working for you?

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for informing me of this problem RodrigoCard. 

Link is working again for me as of 5 January 2010.

Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 09:23:31 AM »

Your sound effects were a real god send. thank you.

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Flyweight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 01:58:05 AM »

I used a lot of your sounds in my game, plenty to choose from thanks :D.

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=9853.0
LemonScented
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 12:03:49 PM »

I somehow managed to miss all of your sounds when trawling for assets, but I did use your font. And very nice it was too Smiley

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=9613.0

Thankin' you kindly  Gentleman

Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 12:12:00 AM »

Your sound effects were a real god send. thank you.
Smiley I am glad you found them useful.

I used a lot of your sounds in my game, plenty to choose from thanks :D.

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=9853.0
I was hoping you'd have some choices. :D

I somehow managed to miss all of your sounds when trawling for assets, but I did use your font. And very nice it was too Smiley

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=9613.0

Thankin' you kindly  Gentleman
Thanks, glad you liked it. Was fun thinking up interesting assets.

I am glad you all found a selection of useful assets!  I had fun and learned quite a bit in the process of making them.  Lots of fun seeing one's assets being used by others.

Thanks for making awesome games guys!  I am looking forward to playing them very soon!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic