Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:48:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsPOPOVKAST
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: POPOVKAST  (Read 34155 times)
mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2010, 05:32:47 PM »

Not interrupting nerds is nice or D&D/anime is nice?
what i'm saying is that the conversation in #pigscene is such that you won't have to deal with the non-devs #tigirc filling the channel with pointless blabber

Dragonmaw
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2010, 05:37:48 PM »

I never mentioned taking it to TIGIRC?
MaloEspada
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2010, 05:46:57 PM »

In any case, Dragonmaw, I don't see much of a difference making ANOTHER CHANNEL just for this. Think about it. Podunkian will be OP, it'll be more or less the same crowd, the same despotism going on et cetera.

#pigscene is fine hosting it, since podunkian is the OFFICIAL hoster of it after all. Too bad some of us will need to stick with fanthings hurr
mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2010, 11:45:57 PM »

I never mentioned taking it to TIGIRC?

i think you're missing the original point for some reason, so let me break it down for you in two easily digestable points:

1) i'm saying that it would be better to do it in #pigscene than #tigirc (which is where they were held before) because pigscene has a more developer operators (compared to #tigirc's almost exclusively non-developer op base), as well as a higher ratio of developers who'd be willing to do a popovkast.

2) i'm also saying that a separate channel for popovkasts would be pointless because most past popovkasters are #pigscene anyways, so why reinvent the wheel?

Dragonmaw
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2010, 12:40:02 AM »

I don't really see how having more developer operators has anything to do with popovkasting, but whatevs!

I want to popovkast sometime, but no official ones for me, alas. I suppose I'll have to do one of the fan ones sometime.

Edit: Since you are one of the original popovkasters, you might be able to answer this: does the word Popovkast come from anything, or is it just a bunch of nonsense syllables?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 12:49:37 AM by Dragonmaw » Logged
mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2010, 01:40:13 AM »

I don't really see how having more developer operators has anything to do with popovkasting, but whatevs!

it doesn't have much to do with it, but i'm illustrating that it's a more developer directed channel as opposed to ones run by tigsource nobodies.

Since you are one of the original popovkasters, you might be able to answer this: does the word Popovkast come from anything, or is it just a bunch of nonsense syllables?
popovkast comes from a portmanteau of popov (a cheap vodka brand) and poppenkast. the original idea was to drink while developing games but it turned out a lot of people were underaged, so that aspect kind of just died out.

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2010, 04:05:23 PM »

whaaat the drinking element is gone? whats the point now? whys being underage got in the way?

Dragonmaw
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2010, 09:31:52 PM »

If I do a Popovkast, I'm totally getting smashed out of my gourd on Skittles vodka
deathtotheweird
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2010, 10:46:49 PM »

whaaat the drinking element is gone? whats the point now? whys being underage got in the way?

It's not gone, but I think it's more or less optional. Underage fellows sometimes have a difficult time getting alcohol, and could risk getting in trouble with your mommy (haha) if caught? Wouldn't want that to happen would we (I dont care).

But it's pretty gay to do a popovkast sober, so steal liquor from your parents if you have to. Just kidding. But not really, steal it.
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2010, 12:14:27 PM »

popvkast 11/10/2010 participants jmickle rdein and easyname
theme: unlimited or just loads of something
subtheme: elephants

jmickle: "lost of guns" http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8943931/lots%20of%20guns.exe

game is crap and you can't die. but you have 64 guns including a cake shooting bazooka. and i was the only one drinking

rdein: "guerreros, warrior of the moon" http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3698916/guerreros%2C%20warrior%20of%20the%20moon.exe

cave story ripov

easyname: "supershoot" http://dl.dropbox.com/u/421763/supershoot.zip

AaaaaaaaaAAaaAAaaAAa SO MANY BULLETS AND NOTHING TO SHOOT

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic