Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:11:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsResonance
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Resonance  (Read 2382 times)
VinceTwelve
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 04, 2009, 03:29:23 PM »

I'm recovering from four months of crunching during which I fully completed/bug-tested/polished the first 1/4 of the game (though there's also plenty of non-polished, buggy work done in the other 3/4) for IGF and thought that I should really get around to posting this here thread.

I've been working on this for two and a half years now while being a married father of two with a full time job, so it's a slow moving project, but I think it's a pretty awesome one.

If you like point and click adventures with mature storylines (as in dealing with some contentious issues, not mature like "yay guns, boobies, and blood") this will be perfect for you.  If you don't like point and click adventures, I think that this game will have enough gameplay twists and innovations that it will feel new and sparkly instead of old and nineteen-eighty-fivesy.

I'll keep this thread updated with any important updates and with some new art, video or music periodically.  Hope you like it!

So, yeah.  Resonance.  Copy/pasted copy coming up:

A particle physicist's mysterious and spectacular death sparks a race to find his hidden vault and claim his terrifying new discovery. The player will take control of four characters whose lives become entangled in the search for the scientist's vault. They will have to learn to trust each other and work together to overcome the obstacles in their way and to keep this new and powerful technology out of the hands of a dangerous organization.

Screenshots: (click for full size)

Features:

• Four playable swappable characters
  • A twisting, riveting storyline
  • Unique long-term and short-term memory systems
  • Cheat death by rewinding time
  • A unique and intuitive interface
  • All the love and care you've come to expect from an independent adventure developer

Team members: (in alphabetical order)

• Deirdra Kiai - Dialog
  • Joshua Nuernberger - Additional art/closeups
  • Marina Siu-Chong - Character portraits
  • Nauris Krause - Backgrounds
  • Nikolas Sideris - Music and Sound
  • Shane Stevens - Characters and animation
  • Vince Twelve - Design, programming, story, writing

Videos:

Developer's Diaries:

Other media:

Follow development:

mixzed
Level 1

EX Slacker+

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 06:11:07 PM »

nice, I always enjoy point and click adventures and with a mature story line, not LSL mature, more like BASS or IUC anyways it looks great so far. I'll dig a little deeper when I have a bit more free time.

Kali 9RubedoSYNCCOINS!
Wander
Level 1

pixels are my only real friends. (and scotch)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 07:11:24 PM »

this looks great man! Kudos for doing so much with so many other things on your plate.

-The Horrible Vikings-

-= artist will paint for scotch=-
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 02:57:55 AM »

Wow, full time job, kids, and you still managed to get your game ready for the IGF... you must be super efficient!  Good luck with your project; I've always enjoyed point and click adventures.  I haven't played one in a while, so I'm sure it would feel new to me for that reason.

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 04:43:39 AM »

How did I not spot this?  This looks tailor-made for me.  Will be keeping a close eye on it, and good luck with IGF!

VinceTwelve
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 03:18:33 PM »

Here's the first minute and a half of the video I sent in with the IGF submission.  The rest of the video was a bit too spoilery.

Coded One
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 11:28:37 PM »

Wow... This game is looking fantastic!

I've never been a fan of point and click adventure games, but I loved "The Shivah" and "Machinarium". Resonance is looking to have that same appeal as The Shivah, with a wonderful art style.

Also, I'm loving the fact that it's a mature game that doesn't involve gratuitous violence or sex. We need more games that tell a good story.

Keep up the hard work!
derrickfreeland
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 02:36:16 PM »

Definitely looks great.  It's especially interesting to see four different playable characters in the game, it seems like a great way to put the player into the entire story.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic