Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:35:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs_ Valentinel _ R2
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: _ Valentinel _ R2  (Read 16046 times)
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: November 05, 2009, 12:59:23 PM »

Download for OS X & Download for Windows
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 08:45:48 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
Pixelfenix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 01:14:02 PM »

I'm very excited about this project because I find it awesomely beautiful.
I can't wait to be able to try it out ^^
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 02:24:28 PM »

ohhh at first I saw the screens and thought hell yes but then I saw PC Coming soon  Cry
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 03:00:00 PM »

PC version is up. I higly suggest listening to vocal trance while playing Valentinel ^___________^

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
PlayMeTape
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 03:19:27 PM »

Is not working.

Sometimes you don't respawn and you have to turn off the program (playing the pc version).

I prefer Dry Point, this game is just hard in the wrong way. At least according to me Tongue. I like the pretty and abstract shapes though Smiley!
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 04:32:14 PM »

Haha. It'll improve. just have to give the game some time. this is the first build. There isn't much to it yet.
The current version is only to show where I m heading Smiley

Thanks for trying it out ^_^

XXIIVV

PlayMeTape
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 04:50:39 PM »

Haha. It'll improve. just have to give the game some time. this is the first build. There isn't much to it yet.
The current version is only to show where I m heading Smiley

Thanks for trying it out ^_^

No probs Smiley. I loved Dry Point so I hope I'll be able to play this to completion as well  Smiley!
deathtotheweird
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 06:58:30 PM »

downloading now. crazy because i just checked the thread not too long ago, and I just got done looking at videos you linked on twitter.

edit: ok, this game is bloody hard. 10x harder than dry point (which I got pretty good at, much to my own surprise.). there DEFINITELY needs a walk button and an easy mode with wider tracks/platforms/whatever.

its a beautiful game though..
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 07:16:37 PM by allen » Logged
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 07:53:09 PM »

Ha thanks Beer!
Yea you're right it's pretty hard hard Smiley . I am finding ways to make it easier hehe  Giggle

Here is a couple of bling shots from lvl 2

XXIIVV

deathtotheweird
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 08:30:22 PM »

few suggestions to make it less frusrating:

prevent the character from moving left or right
make the platforms larger
and move the camera y value a little higher, so we can see the jumps in advance.

too bad you gave up on that other game. Sad
LeFishy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 02:46:58 AM »

I was looking forward to Gurinmame but hey I'm not gonna complain if you're working on something. As long as you're working on something I'm happy.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 08:11:56 AM »

DOWNLOAD RELEASE : PC | MAC 1mb.

prevent the character from moving left or right

Consider it done : ) in the next build Smiley

and move the camera y value a little higher, so we can see the jumps in advance.

By that, do you mean the LOD ? or the camera angle ?

too bad you gave up on that other game. Sad

I am actually just pushing it later, all the time I was working on gurin I was thinking about THiS game and it was annoying to a point I just said "okay, let's get back to this". When Gurin was looking to much like a game game, I decided to give in some more thoughts. Plus, a think I have a thousand more ideas for FPS platformers hehe.

Thanks a lot guys for your support ^_____^

XXIIVV

deathtotheweird
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 10:27:04 AM »

ah this is much better, never mind the camera angle.

but you should go to input manage and remove the s/d keyss because he stills moves left/right if you press those. which is no real big deal..just saying.

so far, this new build is less frustrating than the original. a very good update, and a good game. i look forward to any games you create in the future Smiley

ill post back when i finish it.

cheers  Beer!
Frog
Level 1

Eternal Being

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 09:39:09 PM »

Is that level 3 I see on your twitter feed? Also, a wallpaper size version of that level 2 image (without the 'level 2' text would be great.  Gentleman
akuryo
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 02:05:21 AM »

the game is not that hard atm if you keep your hand OFF THE MOUSE.

Good game, good concept, looks slightly like a mirror's edge to me.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 02:01:52 PM »

Is that level 3 I see on your twitter feed? Also, a wallpaper size version of that level 2 image (without the 'level 2' text would be great.  Gentleman

Yes I would actually like that as well.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 02:18:51 PM »

Hi Smiley

Sadly I don't have a wallpaper version of this picture. Only have this small one, but I promise I will make you a wallpaper, for now all I can offer you is LVL_3 Smiley

XXIIVV

deathtotheweird
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 02:30:08 PM »

no worries Smiley

I currently have http://bit.ly/3pEpiE as my background. I don't even know why I like it.

Also, how did you come up with the name? Or rather, why did you choose it?

edit: in Unity 2.6 you can change the default icon for windows builds (go to project settings and then player) here's a shot:

(change the size to 1 and make sure the icon is 32x32 or 64x64, doesn't really matter but over 64 is unnecessary)
also, you can use a program such as XN Resource editor (windows freeware at...http://bit.ly/4fD720)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 03:49:31 PM by allen » Logged
increpare
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 02:34:13 PM »

ah i liked this!!

yesssss
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 04:34:48 PM »

That was awesome.
You should give some levels alternate paths or shortcuts.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic