Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:17:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs_ Valentinel _ R2
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: _ Valentinel _ R2  (Read 16047 times)
Frog
Level 1

Eternal Being

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 09:13:43 PM »

Level 3 shall suffice for now, I'm happy that we're starting to see the open world design you mentioned come into the game now.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 09:28:29 PM »

Is level 3 in the current download? Because if it is, I can't get to it. Level 2 won't end.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 09:38:41 PM »

http://twitpic.com/ouovx

saw this on your twitter. any chance for a wallpaper? Smiley

(my twitter is twitter.com/goodmorningcpt by the way..)
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 12:40:40 AM »

Allen : Thanks ! I added the icon for PC builds Smiley

mokesmoe : I think the warp from 2 -> 3 was broken, it's fixed now Smiley

Allen : Well, just walk around in the game, find your favorite spot and print screen it Smiley that's what I did to get this image ^___^ + added on twitter Smiley

New build : PC | MAC 9mb.

Level 2 walkthrough - http://www.youtube.com/aliceffekt#p/a/u/0/WC0v0uot0WA

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 12:48:55 AM »

Yeah I did, but I had to run it in windowed mode. Which was no problem, just changing the settings. Same resolution and everything.

I made an icon off one of your screen shots but your new one is 1000x better.

Also, another great thing about 2.6 is that the data folder is no longer called "data" its valentinel_data or whatever. Quite convenient.

Enough chat for me, time to play this new build Tongue
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 12:53:38 AM »

Oh btw allan, the game name comes form an old project I had . It was basically the same concept but with a different graphic treatment : )

Here's a couple of old visuals.

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 12:59:58 AM »

ahhh. There isn't a resolution dialog, textures are missing and more.  I feel bad now.  Embarrassed

Unless you did not back up the project folder, perhaps you should go back to 2.5? You could just include an .ico so people can make a shortcut and change the shortcut icon themselves.

I've never had a problem with converting my old projects, but maybe it's a mac issue (I use windows) ?

edit: if I press escape to restart textures reappear. and it is still possible to beat the game. it defaults (on my comp) to 640x480, i believe.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 01:15:26 AM by allen » Logged
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2009, 01:14:33 AM »

Mhmmm..

Well let's try to make it work on 2.6 Smiley

Why do you have to run in safe mode ?
Download it again , I updated the PC version and enabled the resolution prompt window thingy.

The mac build runs like a charm, there are 3 known collision glitches but you meant, like you were going through all of the floors right ?

There is a collision glitch in the second level where you ll go through a platform, and there is a collision glitch in the 3rd level where you ll also go through a platform, in the 3rd level it's one of the platforms that are part of the loop; it seems it's the platform angle that is creating the glitch.

XXIIVV

deathtotheweird
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 01:17:13 AM »

i edited my post, check it again. i understnad, someone else didn't have the issues I did..perhaps it really is my comp..but il try it again. thanks for the fast update!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:17:59 AM by allen » Logged
Pixelfenix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 05:26:13 AM »

Can you make it so the text at the end shows Alt+F4 on the windows versions Wink.
I really LOVE level 3 <333
deathtotheweird
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2009, 11:17:13 AM »

If I may make another suggestion (going on Pixelfenix's ideas), change the reset key to "R" and have Escape close the game.

Code:
function Update () {

if (Input.GetKey (KeyCode.Escape)) {
Application.Quit();
//pressing escape quits the game
}

if (Input.GetKey (KeyCode.R)) {
Application.LoadLevel (Application.loadedLevel);
//restart the game - loadedlevel is the last level loaded

}
}

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »

Haaa !! Yes yes thank you thank you ^____^ I will update this asap.

XXIIVV

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 04:25:07 PM »

I think the warp from 2 -> 3 was broken, it's fixed now Smiley
Sure it is.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2009, 04:54:43 PM »

Added the R as restart and escape to quite the program. I will use this code for the next applications as well Smiley
I fixed up the level design of the first area a little too. I think that will be it for Valentinel for a while ^__^

Here's a couple of shots with good photography : )

XXIIVV

Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009, 05:41:59 PM »

The new build with the roads instead of those narrow platforms is excellent. Wish you'd keep working on it, right when I started the second level I had a brief flash of how brilliant it would be with an abstract version of a Blade Runner type futuristic city cars flying around and whatnot.

I can dream can't I?
deathtotheweird
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2009, 06:57:19 PM »

In the future, if you need any scripting help don't be afraid to ask. It's the least I could do since I enjoy Drypoint and Valentinel Smiley

too bad you stopped development. I <3 this game. I hope you make more in the future  Beg
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:07:30 PM by allen » Logged
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2009, 09:28:42 PM »

For some reason I clicked on the wrong one and got an old version.

I like how you can climb up any wall. I can do some crazy free running in the second level. haven't comlpeted that one normally yet. (but I can complete it really fast using shortcuts)
deathtotheweird
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2009, 12:23:26 PM »

you know you have two links, one from your main site and another from isopharmacy or whatever

ahhh I just made it to the end of level 3 and screwed it up because I thought it was 'safe'  :D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:30:54 PM by allen » Logged
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2009, 12:29:19 PM »

:/ I will remove the others that aren t linking on xxiivv.
Isopharmacy is more for development. once something is clean I put it up on xxiivv

XXIIVV

deathtotheweird
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2009, 12:38:07 PM »

I just saw your tweet, I have msn and aim, I'll link them to my profile. I'll be on in a few hours

edit: if you ever need some help in unity you're welcome to ask. as long as it leads to you creating more games Tongue
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 01:48:46 PM by allen » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic