Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411496 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:02:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs_ Valentinel _ R2
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: _ Valentinel _ R2  (Read 16054 times)
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 01:16:42 PM »

it's gorgeous but too unforgiving for me.

godatplay
Level 1

Josh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 04:13:04 PM »

I am so visually inspired by this...oh man.  I've been trying to make stuff in a 3d pixel art style for a while.  This is amazing, thank you.  Tears of Joy

/////////////////////////
God at play - meaningful games - spiritual games
@godatplay
increpare
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 10:55:12 AM »

Hold cmd+q to equip soul?  what's cmd on a windows keyboard? I tried a bunch of things but nothing seemed to do anything...
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2009, 11:00:33 AM »

okay this was not a very good joke.  Big Laff

On the apple keyboard this command closes the game.

"close the game, get a life" pun. haha.. ok it's not funny.

Facepalm

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 10:32:54 PM »

It's the same as Alt-F4.
godatplay
Level 1

Josh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2009, 10:22:01 AM »

The newest build is linked from the first post, right?  Or is there a newer one?

God at play - meaningful games - spiritual games
@godatplay
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2009, 10:31:13 AM »

Yep I haven't updated since that point.

I will make one last update ^^

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2010, 10:37:34 AM »

Thank you for flying with us.
Last minor update Smiley

XXIIVV

Russell Fincher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2010, 01:42:37 PM »

How do you get past the "My snowglobe is now your soul recipient" part? I seem to be stuck in a box. Concerned
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2010, 01:55:48 PM »

You can t get out. that s the story : )

XXIIVV

Russell Fincher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2010, 10:32:01 AM »

Ah, I was playing an earlier build of the game and didn't couldn't understand why I hadn't seen the cityscape yet.  Now I get it. Smiley
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2010, 08:00:30 AM »

The d/l links just go to a blank page.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2010, 08:30:50 AM »

Sorry, I made a few changes on my website yesterday.

Valentinel Pc | Valentinel Mac
----------------------------------------------
Drypoint Pc | Drypoint Mac
----------------------------------------------
Cyanosis Pc | Cyanosis Mac

XXIIVV

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2010, 09:42:05 PM »

Just played it for a bit. Excuse if these have already been pointed out, but I haven't read the thread:

- I think that dramatically reducing the mouse sensitivity would be a very good thing. All the movements I need to make are along the space of only a few pixels, and for extra precision it would be good if the range was larger. It's not like I have to be doing 180º turns at all.
- Every now and then I'd fall from the stage, yet the game would not reset, forcing me to quit.
- This is a more involved update, but I'd remove vertical view movement, and make it automatically follow the track, so the player can focus on horizontal movement.
- At the start it says 'up' to run, but it's kind of ridiculous to press up and have to press space to jump, since one has to contort the hand a bit for that. I tried W and it worked, though, so I'd put that, instead, in the title screen.
- More importantly, though: is there a reason to stop running? Why not take away that option entirely?

Despite all this, I enjoyed it. Particularly the visual aesthetic. I liked how the shapes enter into the range of view, which is something that had fascinated me as a kid while playing racing games in the older days; in the distance, buildings and things appearing formed kaleidoscopic shapes, and your game reminded me of this. I think you could make even more beautiful shapes if you build them around this idea, as well.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2010, 11:58:10 PM »

- Every now and then I'd fall from the stage, yet the game would not reset, forcing me to quit.
You can press R to restart, but it should tell you on the menu thing.
- This is a more involved update, but I'd remove vertical view movement, and make it automatically follow the track, so the player can focus on horizontal movement.
- More importantly, though: is there a reason to stop running? Why not take away that option entirely?
In response to both of these, I've had just as much fun running through the levels as I have looking around and exploring. You can run on all of the scenery and even find shortcuts. Both of those suggestions would make it very hard to do this.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2010, 05:54:58 PM »

Working on a new build with improved levels and controls Smiley

XXIIVV

Captain_404
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2010, 06:47:52 PM »

Oh man, I'm getting serious flashbacks to podracing 64. Awesome!
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2010, 08:45:16 PM »

The files are back !!  Epileptic

Download for OS X & Download for Windows

--

« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 09:24:30 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic