Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:26:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDev Blog for Little Soldiers HD
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dev Blog for Little Soldiers HD  (Read 2774 times)
Dan MacDonald
The DMac
Level 1

Prisoner of the cause

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2009, 01:48:55 PM »

Ninja
Woah, cool ninja smily. So I know I've been checked out from internet communities for a while.  Had some real difficult stuff going on in my real relationships but things are leveling out a bit. A few of my friends and I started a company around mobile devices, doing some services work (paying the bills) as well as building our own products (eventually paying the bills). The first "product" is a sequel of sorts to Little Soldiers, a game I worked on a long time ago.

We've started a blog and try to post most week days about progress, challenges, and insights we have during the games development and I know some people here like that kind of stuff so I thought I'd pass along the link.
http://fruht.com/LittleSoldiers

DMac  Shocked

Oh.. here's a pic from the blog..

One of the reasons I'm posting is because I would love to have feedback about the game, the development process, or anything else. I've already revived some really great insights from people commenting on the posts. I know there's a lot of people passionate about game development on these boards, weather they be enthusiasts or developers. I'd be happy to hear from either Smiley
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 01:53:50 PM by Dan MacDonald » Logged
Dan MacDonald
The DMac
Level 1

Prisoner of the cause

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 11:08:59 AM »

Just got some new art in from Chris, the title menu is staring to look like a real game Smiley

Eraser
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 01:44:17 PM »

Just got some new art in from Chris, the title menu is staring to look like a real game Smiley

Heh, for a game called little soldiers, the little guys look a bit realistic.
Dan MacDonald
The DMac
Level 1

Prisoner of the cause

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 05:08:11 PM »

Interesting, I wouldn't have expected "Little" to be interpreted as cartoon like.

The little is more in reference to their proportions, they should have a SD kind of look to them that makes them seem a little more fun then serious.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 05:23:23 PM »

I hate to play the mod here, but shouldn't this be moved to Devlogs?
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 07:10:00 AM »

why people need to name every game "HD" nowadays

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 07:29:51 AM »

why people need to name every game "HD" nowadays

Maybe it means "Head Deformation"?

Dan MacDonald
The DMac
Level 1

Prisoner of the cause

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 11:19:22 AM »

Funny you should ask, I wrote a blog post about that. A word of caution It's sort of sounds like marketing, it was written early when I was still trying to find out exactly what "voice" to use when posting.  Eventually I just settled on mine Smiley

High Definition Really?

We needed a way to differentiate the game from the old Little Soldiers because it's not a port. It's not really a sequel either, it's just different. HD is a buzzword for sure, but it was that or 3D and it was cool when it was Wolfenstine 3D in the mid 90's, I just don't think 3D carries the same pizzaz as it used to. Wink
Dan MacDonald
The DMac
Level 1

Prisoner of the cause

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 11:20:28 AM »

I hate to play the mod here, but shouldn't this be moved to Devlogs?

I debated the forum post myself, I didn't think the tread would be as "dev bloggy" as it ended up. I think this is the right place for it though Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic