Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:35:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWitch Pattern
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Witch Pattern  (Read 1631 times)
pixelonduty
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2009, 05:11:13 PM »

Witch Pattern is a blend of wargame, sci-fiction, logic, roguelike and action rpg game.

The game is set in 1950s and you play as a former soldier who came to small scientist town to kill aliens. I know how that sounds.

Maps, npcs and monsters stats are randomly generated like in Diablo.

So, just, lets play "Hunt mode" from upcoming WP: Release 1:

At the top of the screen you can see gui Wink. It shows player condition(red spots are injuries), weapon, ammos. The big red number is accuracy of last shot.
The cartoon guy in middle shows what part(11) of enemy's body you are aimng at. You can control it by pressing different keys.

The character is injured and he is running from aliens. You can see a little green arrow in front of him that show his move direction.

Right top corner show status of alien in red circle. It displays injuries(red) and armor(grey, white) spots. This is very important because game in realistic way calculates propability of hit, accuracy of shot, power of hit, penetration of armor and different kind of injures, bleeding and their effects on characters. Even the geometry of characters is taken into account.

Most of the time you control your character with mouse like in rts.
Like in wargame(Close Combat) trees and houses give you cover.

Here I'm being massacred by lots of aliens.
The brighter line of shot is the brighter accuracy is.
My character died shortly after. Game seems to be hard Wink.

When you point mouse on NPC gui shows his/her stats. That is important for other game mode: detective story.
NPCs right now can give you ammo and I will expand this aspect in later releases.

The game for example calculates a list of aliens that you killed so you can see their different stats and even sort them in different ways.

Game will be freeware. Need to make a website (didnt have time and energy for that yet).

thats it for today, thanks
derrickfreeland
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 08:07:38 PM »

I really dig the gui. Amusing and effective.
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 10:25:33 PM »

I strongly support the making of this game.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right
pixelonduty
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 03:22:47 PM »

Hi everybody.
Thanks for comments.
So i had a busy 3 days.

I made a 3 types of weapons - rifle, semi-rifle and automatic.
Every weapon have 3 different fire modes(single shot, few shots, empty-magazine) with realistic recoil.

Now alive scientists can randomly upgrade your base weapon with 3 different modules so you can have combination of 30 different weapons.

Second thing is a weather(10 types) and day/night cycles that impact illumination, wetness, temperature. This affects player and aliens. Aliens see better in dark and totally hate rain.

Another thing is a partial identification of aliens due to distance and illumination.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic