Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:24:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMayhem Intergalactic: When way too much interstellar conquest is barely enough
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mayhem Intergalactic: When way too much interstellar conquest is barely enough  (Read 2590 times)
Chris P
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 27, 2007, 08:11:19 PM »

I bring you my indie game, Mayhem Intergalactic, as seen in the 2008 Independent Games Festival Student Showcase. It's a streamlined turn-based strategy game set in space. Singleplayer and multiplayer are supported.

There is a free demo (10 MB download), which contains the basic singleplayer game mode and time-limited multiplayer games. The demo itself is not time-limited and will never expire.

Screenshots (click for larger):

YouTube gameplay video:

System requirements:
  • Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista (or Linux via Wine, which mostly works)
  • 800MHz CPU (approximate) or faster
  • Recommended: NVidia GeForce or ATI Radeon graphics card

I'll be working on improving and updating this for a while yet. For a start, entirely new graphics and audio will go in over the next month or so (just in time for the IGF). Mac OS X and Linux versions are Almost Done, and are planned for release on a similar timeframe.

I'm looking for any feedback you can give, though there may not be much point commenting on graphics and audio as they're already going to be replaced. Gameplay, user interface, intuitiveness, multiplayer improvements, AI, bug reports, feature requests, you name it. Constructive criticism is very welcome. I want this game to become the best that it can be.

Most of all: Enjoy!

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 11:09:56 PM »

This seems to me like a mixture of a 4x game, dice wars, and crack. I want.
The demo was excellent.

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 12:19:31 AM »

Can't wait to try out the OS X version. It looks like a lot of fun.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 11:20:17 AM »

Is it anything like Masters of Orion? If it, it's instant win.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Chris P
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 10:17:58 PM »

This seems to me like a mixture of a 4x game, dice wars, and crack. I want.
The demo was excellent.

Glad you were crack-addicted to liked it. Grin  It's almost surprising how fun and replayable it is, for such a straightforward concept.

By the way, if you're going to buy it then you'd be well advised to get it sooner rather than later, because the price will be going up to $19.99 once the new graphics and sounds are in. It's currently $18.95. Updates are free, so either way you'll get the updated version(s) as soon as they're available.

Is it anything like Masters of Orion? If it, it's instant win.

It's a similar idea to MOO, but much simpler. No tech tree, only one unit type, no race modifiers, and you get ships automatically.

There are two basic commands: Upgrade a planet (so it spawns more ships per turn), and send ships from one planet to another. That's it. Apart from conveniences like rally points (which are just a way of automating ship sending) and cancelling ship movements.

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 11:14:26 AM »

Quite interesting game you got there!

I must admit that it's hard to tell judging from the demo but the gneral gamplay is fun. It is a bit simplistic but perhaps there's alot more gameplay elements in the full game.

I don't have much to say since the demo is pretty fun and simple but I'm wondering if the full game offers more variety and enough goals to make the pleasure last more than a few hours.

Good job!
Later!

Chris P
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 12:22:45 AM »

Thanks Guert!

There aren't any alternate game modes as such, not counting rule tweaks and different maps. However, I believe the strategy is deeper than it first appears. Feel free to contradict me if you disagree. Smiley

I still enjoy the occasional Quick Start game, after two years of playing and developing it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic