Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 08:53:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLittle
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Little  (Read 1443 times)
Zack
Level 0

i make stuff with stuff.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 11, 2009, 11:58:23 AM »

Little is an adventure game in which you explore the world around -- but only as the size of an ant, as you have touched some ratioactive goo which had caused this to happen. Now, you must figure out a way to return to your natural size.

Made in one week for the GameJolt Minimal Contest.

DOWNLOAD

« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 12:02:36 PM by Zack » Logged
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 02:05:42 PM »

I gave this a try.  I eventually got stuck trying to climb the telephone pole.  Couldn't figure out what I needed to do up there. 

I enjoyed the simple drawings and exploring around the world.  A few things that were a little weird to me is the way you just pick up objects and they just float above your head.  I also found it strange somehow that I happened to grab the apple before encountering the ant.  I didn't go back and try again but would the ant not have let me passed before giving him the apple?  Would it have said 'I need an apple'  ?  Smiley

I also grabbed the paper before encountering the plane though at least that one makes good visual and narrative sense I guess. 

I wasn't sure what the 3rd object was I picked up but it made the truck move.  Maybe it was a battery?  The key on the window sill I passed by so when I made it to the lock I wasn't sure what to do but I guess I figured I should back track and see what I missed.  I thought the object was dead fish bones but it was a key.. Wink 

The world is stylized and quirky enough that it is nice to roam around the levels.  The controls seems pretty good and responsive as far as the jumping goes.  I also enjoyed the various places you chose to use z-order on the object layers.

So how do I get past the telephone pole?  Wink

Zack
Level 0

i make stuff with stuff.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 02:35:26 PM »

Thanks for your comment. You were the first person to get caught up on that level, but I don't blame you. What you were to collect on that level was a piece of metal to split the wire which could be found on the first street sign you pass in the level.

A video walkthrough can be found at http://groundzerogamez.com/walkthroughs.htm
chris_b
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 07:16:49 PM »

You were the first person to get caught up on that level

I played it and was stuck there for a while - didn't realize the yellow barrier in the road was a platform until I jumped onto it by accident.

The style of the game is really nice - but I'd prefer if the player movement was a little bit faster.
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 07:27:40 PM »

Thanks for your comment. You were the first person to get caught up on that level, but I don't blame you. What you were to collect on that level was a piece of metal to split the wire which could be found on the first street sign you pass in the level.

A video walkthrough can be found at http://groundzerogamez.com/walkthroughs.htm

Oh ok I think I saw that little bit of metal and thought it looked suspicious stuck to that sign.  Couldn't figure out how to get there.  How do you know I was the only one stuck there though?  Seems an odd statement... you got tracking cookies or something?  Wink

Thanks for the walkthrough link but I'll likely just try on my own since thankfully it saves your progress. Smiley

HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 07:32:23 PM »

Yah I made it to the hospital!  Wink  I didn't realize the game was almost over at that point.  Yeah I guess it wasn't super intuitive that I could climb up onto the yellow board and then on the weird metal platforms on the road signs. Hehe.

Have you set it up for a sequel or in case there is a contest called maximum?  (Referring to last scene of game of course...)   :D

Zack
Level 0

i make stuff with stuff.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 12:37:29 PM »

You were the first person to get caught up on that level

Well, from the comments I recieved on YoYoGames and GameJolt you are.  Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic