Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 07:08:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProbability 0 (original & outdated)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: Probability 0 (original & outdated)  (Read 80545 times)
Curseman
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2009, 01:40:32 AM »

How often do you guys run into inescapable situations anyway?

I don't think I've ever had one that was completely impossible to get past.

If it's a problem for anyone, they should just take the block smashing upgrade.  That one's good even when you aren't trapped.
Doktor_Q
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2009, 11:52:50 AM »

I've had them at least twice, usually early in a game.

Getting the block-smashing upgrade is good, but it shouldn't be required just to progress.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2009, 09:18:52 PM »

Once I sort out some lag issues and finish up on sound, I'll be going to 0.99! This will be the final version without any features to be added afterwards (unless something really amazing that I couldn't possibly deny comes to mind), mostly for bugfixes. Then... it's off to fame and glory, or something!

Upcoming Changes for 0.99
  • Hand Thumbs Up Left Updated stance abilities
  • Hand Thumbs Up Left "Tier Up" and "Attract" have been swapped
  • Hand Thumbs Up Left "Attract" ability upgraded (way more useful now)
  • Hand Thumbs Up Left Falling causes no knockback
  • Hand Thumbs Up Left Sound effects (yay!)
  • Some kind of Lore/Story/Setting is possible.
  • Other things I may have forgotten?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:21:07 PM by Droqen » Logged

Curseman
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2010, 06:35:11 PM »

So how's it coming along, Droqen?  Any news?
Parthon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2010, 06:56:23 PM »

Oh man. This looks freaking awesome.

I'll have to play it when I get home from work.
Kaworu Nagisa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2010, 08:56:15 PM »

I got to admit that only two things I've enjoyed was music and credits. I wouldn't change the music, to be honest.
I also have a request: could you upload the music and post link(s) here? If you don't mind I would actually love to add it to my foobar's playlist  Gentleman

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2010, 10:33:04 PM »

Yeah, Vanguard, I'm just about to upload version 0.99

Good timing Grin

Parthon: Damn straight you will! Well, hello there!

Kaworu Nagisa: Cheesy Sure. Do you mean you didn't enjoy the game at all? (not as though I expect this game to be everyone's cup of tea, of course) And why the credits? Anyway, I'll do just that -- though it's in four separate files that are overlaid. I'll upload all four separately and then a fifth file with all of them playing at once, then zip that up or something. Please do check out JMickle's other stuff!

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2010, 11:13:11 PM »

Sorry for the double post.
Probability 0, version 0.99 RELEASED
What's new?
Okay, were there EIGHT enemies (not including mini-bosses) in the last version? I think so, but I'm not sure.

SOUND has been added. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF IT!

Uh! I don't even freaking know what else to tell you!

Gameplay alterations! Upgrade alterations and all that!

Everything! It's all in here!

And go to the first post, that's where I kept it all!

edit :: oh yeah, and just for you, Kaworu, music!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:16:46 PM by Droqen » Logged

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2010, 12:25:19 AM »

Sound effects are cool.
A neat idea would to have a stomp+ power. You can stomp as many time as you want. (The old version) Probably no room for it, though I wouldn't complain if you added a whole new row or column. Hint Hint
Curseman
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2010, 03:40:50 AM »

You did a good job with the changes to character upgrades.  The stances are improved, and star^ is a bit better of a starting option with the new bat enemies out and about.  Did tier up become more useful somehow, or am I just misremembering?
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2010, 07:55:20 AM »

Tier up is more useful because it's higher up now. In talent mode, if you get tier up, you can get powers from tiers 1, 4, and 5, instead of 1, 2,and 5. Also makes get every power accessible in talent again. (couldn't get teleport before)
ortoslon
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2010, 08:19:52 AM »

blinking of numbers gets on my nerves. i suggest to remove depth counters, change the "cool" chance-of-survival display to a sane life meter and move all HUD to the top where it'll be less distracting.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2010, 09:05:49 AM »

ortoslon, I will consider adding "boring HUD" to settings Cheesy
--- but the life counter may remain a bit fuzzy. I'm undecided on this. I love the overanalyzation of the probability counter some people do :D

mokesmoe: I've got nothing against adding more abilities, but I think that's gonna be it for now Wink I think I might add a headbutt capability to "Leap of Faith", though, to make it more useful.

Vanguard: Thanks! I'm glad they're improved from previous versions, and I'm glad the bat enemies did just what I wanted them to.

mokesmoe is right; nicely spotted, too. Tier Up is now a Tier 2 ability, yes, and it does exactly that, making it much more useful (esp. if you don't care about the middle-low tiers much) and maybe even useful in Potential!

ortoslon
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2010, 09:21:31 AM »

ortoslon, I will consider adding "boring HUD" to settings Cheesy
--- but the life counter may remain a bit fuzzy. I'm undecided on this. I love the overanalyzation of the probability counter some people do :D

then add "ultra boring HUD" option with non-fuzzy life meter
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2010, 06:38:04 PM »

The whole point of the fuzzy life meter is to have it not make sense. Your not supposed to know how much life you have left, just a general idea of you HP. I do think a smaller hud option would be a good idea though. Smaller font, only one distance counter, life counter farther up.
The more effective attract increases star^'s effectiveness more than the new enemies. Shooting enemies above you makes it hard to get their powerup, but attract means you can kiil enemies above you, and their powerups come to you.
The new enemies make Punch+ less useful though, as their mostly 1HP enemies.
Star blocks are a neat idea, but when I first saw them, I assumed they would give me stars when broken.
Curseman
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2010, 08:25:56 PM »

I just beat Probability 0.

Also, the bug with dots replacing text seems to be back.  It happened when I was around level 10, so maybe it's more likely to occur during a longer game?

Edit:

It just crashed.  Now I'll never know what depth I got to...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 08:31:07 PM by Vanguard » Logged
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2010, 08:35:47 PM »

Epileptic

How easy was it at that point?
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2010, 08:43:40 PM »

Crazy

... Epileptic
 My Word!

Considering those are all not only pictures but animated pictures, I'd say that's a good 10 000 words of awe up there.

Vanguard, I'm very sorry that it crashed and that such things had to happen to you. Is there an error log file in the same folder? If so, mind copy+pasting to me?

Gentleman ... Well done. You have truly earned your place as "Especially Epic Playtester" and that image will forever prove the potential of Potential Mode.

How many goddamn bosses were you fighting at a time? WTF

( edit :: I think, just because of you, I have to actually make a "you win" screen )

( edit edit :: http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/platformer/probability-0/1415/ give me some love? )
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 08:52:59 PM by Droqen » Logged

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2010, 09:00:08 PM »

Make it so plants can't spawn on a block that has another block above it.
With stomp, if you fall past normal max height, but have knees on, does it still do extra damage? And how much damage does it do? If it's only 2, I would suggest upping it to 3, since health is very valuable, and that way you can one hit kill any non-boss enemies.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2010, 09:06:14 PM »

Whoops. They're not supposed to be able to spawn on a block that has another block above it, but I see it happen occasionally. I think it's fairly rare, though. (When I set it to 100% spawn rate, it only happens infrequently at best -- have you seen it happen more than once?)

I might do that. Kamikaze super drop! Most boss enemies will die to that, too, but that'd be alright. Sounds fun.

I like to edit:
After doing some calculations...

It takes 10 exp ups (gained 1/3 of the time on the pickup queue, and from every boss bubble) to get to the 4th ability.

It takes 210 exp ups to get to the 20th ability.

o___o

( And yeah, how easy was it? Is it a matter of snowball effect, or just... being incredibly awesome? Was it still getting harder as you progressed? )
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 09:10:43 PM by Droqen » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic