Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:58:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProbability 0 (original & outdated)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Print
Author Topic: Probability 0 (original & outdated)  (Read 80254 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2010, 12:14:50 AM »

You could just use talent mode to find out.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 04:17:26 PM by mokesmoe‽ » Logged
DeadPixel
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: February 05, 2010, 05:46:46 AM »

Droqen, been enjoying the game very much!  It's a great time filler during breaks and lunch at work. :D

One quick suggestion, would it be possible to undo the selection you just made while still in the perk screen?  Maybe X to select, Z to undo, and then locked once you exit the screen?  I've on more than one instance bumped the wrong perk. :x

Also, I have run into the path of inescapable blocks.  Haven't gotten a screenshot, but there it is.  I'll try to if I see it again.  I've also gotten a weird bug where all the text (probability prediction, score, depth, everything in the perk/pause screen, etc).  All graphics were still intact though.  Not sure what's going on there.

Anyway, thanks!

EDIT:  And.... here it is:

« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 06:02:13 AM by deadpixelsociety » Logged

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: February 05, 2010, 02:54:00 PM »

I'm proud to announce that I have gone through my pathfinding code (used to ensure there are no full blockages) and it is now better than it should have been, had it even worked in the first place.
Grin

pen: Holy shit, nice :D // I'll give you a hint; it has a prerequisite, and prerequisites are always (no exceptions) found on the same column as the ability itself.

Curseman
« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2010, 04:06:29 PM »

High score so far is 35658, on potential-mode.

Dang.  That's a good score.
ChaoSpectre
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2010, 04:52:22 PM »

That's 10 times my best score.

I'm trash at this game. Wow.

Are you going to hold the updated "no roadblock" code for the next update?

I haven't seen one in a while. But I have an itchy Print Screen finger.
Curseman
« Reply #225 on: February 06, 2010, 08:20:14 PM »

I just recently had an inescapable situation (without the smash powerup, that is).

By the way, Droqen, I forgot to mention this in the past, I think, but the red powerups dropped by bosses don't make a sound when you get them (unless you level up, in which case you get the level up sound).
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: February 07, 2010, 09:57:39 AM »

Chao, 3.5k's no score to be ashamed of!
Don't worry about being "trash at this game" because I honestly have no idea what kind of level of skill I'd consider "average" or "decent" any more.

On roadblocks:
They should be fixed when I come out with the next update, which will include a few changes and options.

Vanguard, nice catch! I'll fix that right now.

ChaoSpectre
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 07, 2010, 10:11:42 AM »

Have you ever thought about score tracking? Sure, local high scores are important for preserving your own perceptions of progress, but the way to tell what a decent score is would be to see what the distribution of scores is like.

I honestly have no idea how you would accomplish that, though.
Curseman
« Reply #228 on: February 07, 2010, 03:37:52 PM »

Let's see you get all 20 abilities NOW! Evil

Kay.  I did it.

I actually reached level 21, not that that last skill point did me any good.  I'd tell you what my score and depth were, but unfortunately...

It started doing the dots thing at ~28000 points and > 2 km.

Edit:

By the way, am I hallucinating, or does the heart orb's heart get bigger as you get deeper down?  What does that mean?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:21:05 AM by Vanguard » Logged
Marach
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2010, 11:28:35 PM »

I got P0 to work on Ubuntu! It took a bit of fiddling, but works.
Python and Pyglet are in repositories. PyNum is in additional repository. PyAudiere package from the site installs itself to python2.5 directory, so audiere.so has to be moved manually to python2.6. Now, download and install Lucida Console. At this point, running it (python pzero.pyc) will cause an error. It will be solved in next update, and is caused by opening the audio device twice in the game. (Droqen gave me the source to track and fig this bug.) Also, the game window flickers when trying to move it. But the game itself works flawlessly!

EDIT:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 11:32:18 PM by Marach » Logged
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2010, 04:35:32 PM »

Marach I am the slowest to respond, but really, good job and thanks for putting all that effort in :D (also you're a manbaby)

I wish I could fix the flickering, but as I said to you I think it's a problem with the way Ubuntu or Linux in general handles some numbers which Windows handles differently... and I don't have a Linux system @_@
If I did I'd probably figure out how to neatly package up everything the user needs so I don't have to make them hunt everything down ):

Vanguard, WTF Good job.
Also, somehow I think I might have done something to fix that from happening but I seriously doubt it!

The heart does pump larger. When it does that, it means it's advanced to second-level horrible heart core and it moves three times faster if you like exact numbers. :3

Chao: Online score tracking is something I could probably do, although I'd need to learn a bit more about encryption and I'd also need a server. It won't be coming anytime soon.

... Oh yeah! And update! Links in first post (or if they're not, they'll be there within a few minutes).

ALSO, pathfinding is totally fixed now so you'll never find blocks completely blocking your path. If you DO, please send the picture to PO box.. er, I mean. Post the picture on the thread if you manage to get one.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:58:05 PM by Droqen » Logged

offal
Level 0

goblet lifestyle

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2010, 09:21:31 PM »

Just posting in this thread to say everyone needs to play this game, it's pretty great!

Vanguard you are a monster.  Shocked
Can you record a play-through (full skill points)? I'd like to see your strategy.

I kinda got tipsy tonight at a local event, and went all fan-boy about this game to Mr. Queasy Games. Embarrassed
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 09:47:29 PM by OffalAl » Logged
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: February 14, 2010, 01:39:36 PM »

Vanguard you are a monster.  Shocked

Agreed Epileptic

Curseman
« Reply #233 on: February 14, 2010, 02:02:57 PM »

What's a good, free video recording program that doesn't require an install?
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: February 14, 2010, 04:15:54 PM »

Camstudio? Camtasia? Something like that?

oh dang doesn't require an install

;_; no idea

ChaoSpectre
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 14, 2010, 07:57:05 PM »

...I don't think you're going to find a video recording program that doesn't require an installation.
offal
Level 0

goblet lifestyle

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 14, 2010, 10:20:14 PM »

http://bit.ly/9gEkd0   Hand Thumbs Up LeftGrin
Curseman
« Reply #237 on: February 14, 2010, 11:01:53 PM »

I was all set to say "nice find!" but now it is asking me to install it.

Maybe I'll just do it anyway.
offal
Level 0

goblet lifestyle

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2010, 11:27:38 PM »

it is asking me to install
Lips Sealed seriously what part of 'portable' do these developers not understand

it is just a self-extracting archive though. the app doesn't appear to add registry keys or anything.
ortoslon
« Reply #239 on: February 15, 2010, 12:06:52 PM »

recorded a playthrough of the first kilometer on the potential mode

in rather average quality (only 20 fps, somewhat skipping on my slow pc)

being over 9 minutes, this is near longest that i can upload to a single youtube video, i'll have to cut my longer playthroughs or upload to rinku's privileged channel
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic