Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:11:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProbability 0 (original & outdated)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: Probability 0 (original & outdated)  (Read 80252 times)
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2009, 05:05:24 PM »

mokesmoe: Yeah, this is possible. Unlikely, but possible. Still, there are many more venues for escape in that case. If you have Spike Armour, you might be able to get a foothold on an edge. If you have Double Jump, you might be able to jump high enough. If you have Leap of Faith, you'll certainly be able to jump high enough. If you have Smash, you will be able to make your way out. Etc. There's at least one more possibility too.

Kikaru: Shoot. Okay, I guess I'll need to tell everyone to get AVbin :/

edit : read first post.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 05:12:02 PM by Droqen » Logged

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2009, 06:37:14 PM »

There's at least one more possibility too.
Stomp and an enemy, or teleport(if thats still in the game). But it's possible to get to this point and not have those powers. Something to think about.
Also there are plenty of spots where you can make it through, but not without getting hit be spikes.

EDIT: loaded new version, got error, game didn't start.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pzero.py", line 21, in <module>
  File "pyglet\resource.pyc", line 577, in media
  File "pyglet\media\__init__.pyc", line 1386, in load
  File "pyglet\media\riff.pyc", line 202, in __init__
pyglet.media.riff.WAVEFormatException: AVbin is required to decode compressed media
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 07:29:43 PM by mokesmoe » Logged
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2009, 09:45:27 PM »

http://code.google.com/p/avbin/

Should I include this, or something? I'm not sure how exactly to distribute it ._.
But it's required for sound (due to whatever it is pyglet uses). In the future I'll add a bit of code to let you slide by (sans sound) without the avbin thing.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:58:03 PM by Droqen » Logged

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2009, 10:28:02 PM »

I extracted it, but I still get the same error.
(yes I put it there itself not in a folder)

Actually I might need to restart my computer first, never mind.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2009, 11:09:42 PM »

Dang. Arg, I should probably include .wav files, I think that would circumvent this issue.

Stupid AVbin being so difficult ._.

Doktor_Q
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2009, 05:52:32 AM »

Just include AVbin.dll in the main directory. It's how I've handled that sort of thing in the past.

I like the music, but using the same track for menu and ingame, and then simple starting the ingame track over, then switching back to the menu part of the music in the upgrade screen...  Epileptic
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2009, 06:38:29 AM »

Ooh. That's right, I can do that, and it was just a dll file... thanks, heh, I'm realllly not used to needing .dll files ^^ so I kind of freaked out a little. Right. Good. Nice.

---> This may only be temporary, since I was trying to squeeze every last drop of awesome from the music. I like how I can make it transition smoothly about, though.

-----> Oh yeah. And. The zip file is reuploaded, because I now include avbin.dll; yay!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 06:41:31 AM by Droqen » Logged

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2009, 08:03:09 AM »

Just include AVbin.dll in the main directory. It's how I've handled that sort of thing in the past.

I like the music, but using the same track for menu and ingame, and then simple starting the ingame track over, then switching back to the menu part of the music in the upgrade screen...  Epileptic
Haha ok one more piece of music coming right up!  Cheesy

<<<
I think the music is changing much too quickly and too much. If you reduce the maximum volume it goes to i think it'd sound smoother.

+I'm noticing I AM getting through the level a lot more, thanks for that Smiley
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 09:26:54 AM by JMickle » Logged

pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2009, 10:02:00 AM »

Oh god, this game is wonderful. I usually go star> stock+ jump+, but never really get further than (exp)lvl4 or lvl5 Sad

I AM FREE!
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2009, 10:42:41 AM »

JMickle: Haha, yay, more music xD I am thinking of making the music work out a bit better by making volume changes (for some of the instruments, anyway) happen in between notes instead of just whenever something happens. This was the first experiment, you see! If you have any suggestions at all, please tell me ^^ The changes are too quick, I agree, and I will see about making them more gradual.
And woohoo! Good work

pen: <3 Don't worry, we all have to start somewhere! You'll get better! (and that's pretty good, you're already surpassing Talent!)

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2009, 10:22:09 PM »

It works!
Worked on a friend's computer too. His computer kinda sucks, it lagged once. Dll worked fine, I assume I only had to restart because I downloaded using that link and put it in system32.

Some comments in no particular order:
Sound is nice. Bit short though.
You still haven't fixed the bug of not being able to stomp enemies while invincible.
Even though you can't get blocked off now, it's generating lots of areas where theres a giant gap and you have to take falling damage. (One time I had knees+ and still couldn't make it)
If you collect a pickup after dieing, instead of saying "+2 stars" or what ever it is, it says "This is an error". Can be hard to see because the highscore/restart screen blocks it almost right away.
Esc should work from the pause menu. (it's my natural instinct to pause and then quit)
Spikes seem to come in waves. I'll go for a bit without seeing any, and then suddenly it's all like Spiketopia Mc'Hurtville.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:26:03 PM by mokesmoe » Logged
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2009, 12:03:57 AM »

Sound: I think it's a bit short, yeah, but it does what it's supposed to do and it does it well! The new music system sounds nicer, but is using the same files.

Stomp: Although I forgot to change the description, it does what it's supposed to now. You can jump off an enemy's head ONCE in the air, as long as you aren't stunned. I'm pretty sure it works properly.

Gap: Ah well. It's inevitable that you'll damage yourself anyway, just try to pick the best fall you can! (Once all options have been exhausted)

Pickup: Eek. This must be fixed.

Esc: I don't want someone to accidentally quit while trying to unpause though =(

Spike waves: I've sort of noticed that too, I wonder why it is? And xD great way of explaining it.

I'll look into the bugs and stuff, fix them up; glad it works, too :]

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2009, 04:25:58 PM »

Sound: I think it's a bit short, yeah, but it does what it's supposed to do and it does it well! The new music system sounds nicer, but is using the same files.
I left it in teh backround while surfing the net, and even after an hour, it didn't get annoying. The repeat could be a bit smoother though, at the moment, it's very noticable.
Stomp: Although I forgot to change the description, it does what it's supposed to now. You can jump off an enemy's head ONCE in the air, as long as you aren't stunned. I'm pretty sure it works properly.
I didn't realize that you had changed it, so that answers some questions. However, by stunned, do you mean while you have no control, or also while you are flashing afterwards?
It should only be the former, but the latter is happening.
Esc: I don't want someone to accidentally quit while trying to unpause though =(
Make a "Are you sure you want to quit?" window pop up? Also some text at the bottom of the upgrade screen saying "Press enter/space to return to game."
pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2009, 04:38:35 PM »

pen: <3 Don't worry, we all have to start somewhere! You'll get better! (and that's pretty good, you're already surpassing Talent!)
I didn't even know you could get upgrades in talent-mode, I've played an outdated version all along. When I posted you had implemented ghost stars and stuff, haven't even tried the new version  Smiley

I AM FREE!
Curseman
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2009, 06:51:55 PM »

Just tried the newest version.  I like the music!  It's really unique, but I think it works.  My favorite part is the alarm when a boss comes on the screen.

I tried out a punching build (with no star skills whatsoever) just a bit ago.  It's viable, and it costs fewer points to max out than stars, but I still say the stars are better.  The biggest problem with it is when a boss just will not come down by a platform so you can hit them.

I didn't even know you could get upgrades in talent-mode

You can't, other than the four you start out with.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2009, 08:03:18 PM »

Vanguard: That's what I've been noticing, too. Punch is really tough to use when the enemies simply won't come down -- more common with bosses. Also, I am very much enjoying max star builds (esp with ghost star, now) though I feel just a bit spatially vulnerable if I focus too much on stars.

pen: Nono, I mean you start out with 4 points, but since you've already made it to 5, you're surpassing :]

mokesmoe: The looping is perfect in the new version ;] And yeah, I think it's reallly nice music for just... looping... forever... + It's supposed to only be while you have no control, I'll double-check this.

Oh, and Vanguard, the siren is my favourite part of the music too omg I need more like it @.@
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:42:27 PM by Droqen » Logged

Doodi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2009, 03:01:27 AM »

The game's not working on my computer for some reason. This is the message I get whenever I click the .exe:

This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

That's too bad, the game looks great. :-(
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2009, 01:10:34 PM »

Hmm. Googling around a bit, give this a try:
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
Some computers are apparently missing a few dlls that might be required.

In other news, 3 new enemies are coming your way. Along with a better music handling system, music that loops without that painfully noticeable break, and possibly some config options for music off. I still need sound effects =(

Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2009, 06:35:36 PM »

I'm getting this:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pzero.py", line 21, in <module>
  File "pyglet\resource.pyc", line 577, in media
  File "pyglet\media\__init__.pyc", line 1386, in load
  File "pyglet\media\riff.pyc", line 202, in __init__
pyglet.media.riff.WAVEFormatException: AVbin is required to decode compressed media

In spite of including AVbin AND copying to system32 just to be sure. Running 32-bit Vista here. Tried admin/compatibility mode.

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2009, 07:36:16 PM »

I am becoming rather irritated by the sound issues I am experiencing! I, too, have been suffering these problems, Titch, and I am quite sorry they're getting in the way =(

Still trying to find something, anything to make the newest version of pzero run properly once exe'd. I need to take a trip to the Technical forum.

However, once said issues are resolved ( I am no longer screwing around with anything that needs avbin, I'm sick and tired of its shenanigans ;____; ), there will be a new version up with a small handful of nice things (including a fullscreen mode, Phasma!).

[ also, I played Level Up today o: how coincidental. ]

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic