Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:26:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Line
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Line  (Read 1217 times)
jaredbloom
« on: November 14, 2009, 03:06:29 AM »

Surf on the green line and kill the red guys. A and D to go left and right, S to dive, left click to fire a stream, and right click to create a shield that deflects bullets and can be bounced on.

Download The Line here. Tell me what you think! Beer!
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 04:10:17 AM »

It was an enjoyable experience. But to me, it was more of a toy than a game. The objectives seemed ambiguous, and it was maybe a little rough around the edges.

I suppose the most traditionally game-like aspect was that score was based on how many of those red dots you'd killed/converted. That said, I wasn't that pleased that such a violent-feeling action would be rewarded in such an abstract work, but that is surely a matter of personal preference.

P.S. A game called 'The Line' already exists. You could change the name of your game to avoid confusion, but it's probably not a big deal and is ultimately your choice.
jaredbloom
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 05:57:17 PM »

Yeah, I had originally made this as a little toy. I didn't have a real vision or anything with the game so the gameplay can be interpreted however you'd like to see it. Thanks for playing, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
mluongo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 11:00:20 PM »

Indeed a very simple game.

I liked how the green pieces fell down where you touched them, and I liked how the red guys turned blue after being hit.

I would also agree that the goal is not very clear. At the very least you'd need an indicator to tell the player how many kills they've scored.

In all I'd say it's a base that you could build on top of. Make the shooting mechanic a little more satisfying, add sounds, different enemy types, and add some kind of progression to it (make it go faster, or change colors the further you move to the right).

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic