Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 11:14:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTobe's Vertical Adventure (Finally Released!)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Tobe's Vertical Adventure (Finally Released!)  (Read 5703 times)
rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: November 16, 2009, 10:44:44 AM »

06 Jan: Hi Guys, sorry to revive a dead thread, but I'm here with good news. Tobe's Vertical Adventure has finally been released on the XBLIG. Yes, this means that when you switch on you Xbox360 today - Wala! Tobe will be right there waiting!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802585503f5/

Help spread the word (as I am completely clueless on how to market indie games and all)!  Beer! Beer! Beer!

Oh, and those interested, check out the website, cool stuff coming soon  Cool

Original message below

Some of you might have read about the game previously in the devlog. Well, it's done now, and submitted for review in XNA club.

There's a bit more time till I pass the peer review, so I'm currently working on all the misc website stuff, where you can check them out on the website here: http://tobesadventure.squarespace.com/

As for the trailer, it's here...

Now until then, let's get ready for adventure!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 11:33:02 AM by rayteoactive » Logged

MaloEspada
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 10:50:47 AM »

Cool trailer, but no Nana footage?!
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 01:37:43 PM »

Man, awesome. Didn't know it was out soon, and I didn't realise it'd be co-op either. Can't wait to play with Nana (oo-er).

rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 10:57:33 AM »

Oh man, I was hoping nobody ask this, lol. Nana will be missing this time round. So the Co-op will shamelessly feature 2 Tobe. I hope to release a patch with playable Nana and even some extra mode next year though.

The reason is because the programmers are all enlisted for national service at the moment,(local guys have to serve the country for 2 years as soldiers, police or fire fighters)and I, who completed the training, had to go back for refreshment (once a year).

Anyway, if it's even a consolation at all, the game is pretty much made for single player. all the level design and stuff. Co-op just makes the game easier.

...what a fantastic sales pitch, lol. But yea, I promise Nana in the patch though Smiley

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 11:38:53 AM »

Ah fair play, can't be helped. It's not like I really have anyone around for co-op anyway, though I'm sure I'll give it a go when I get friends round for NSMBW.

Imagineergames
Level 1

Sweet Slithering Bogaboo of Serpentine Proportions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 12:30:04 PM »

That;s amazing! love how it looks. Too bad I ain't got me an Xbox.
Love it!

Imagineers of Flights of Fancy!<br /><br />Shades of Violet - Song of the Clockwork Princess
pixeltao
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 07:05:21 PM »

Great stuff! The website looks good too. I'll be sure to buy it when it's released on Indie games.

rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 11:55:04 AM »

I will hold you to your words on the purchase  Ninja

oh, I saw your game too, and it screams  Hand Metal Left awesome Hand Metal Right all over

rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 12:23:13 PM »

Oh, and I'll be posting follow ups of "marketing materials", or rather just more artwork to keep myself entertain, on the devlog thread and on the game's blog found below.

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=8468.msg290274#msg290274

Twitch
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 10:33:52 PM »

This looks gorgeous, I can't wait to play it's sweet co-op platformy goodness!

If it hasn't already finished peer review, I'll be sure to give it a good review to nudge things along Smiley
rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 11:35:00 AM »

Bump!
Hi Guys, sorry to revive a dead thread, but I'm here with good news. Tobe's Vertical Adventure has finally been released on the XBLIG. Yes, this means that when you switch on you Xbox360 today - Wala! Tobe will be right there waiting!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802585503f5/

Help spread the word (as I am completely clueless on how to market indie games and all)! Beer! Beer! Beer!
Oh, and those interested, check out the website, cool stuff coming soon  Cool

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 02:11:59 PM »

"I'm really getting to dislike indie games, there won't be an- OOH TOBE IS OUT"

Congrats on getting the game out! Love the story drawings and general style of it. And the music. I've played through a few levels before playing 1 vs 100, there seems to be plenty of stuff to get if you know what you're doing.

Are you still planning a future release with playable Nana (Kiss)? It would certainly be cool. If you do I'm going to be cheeky and request left stick controls if you get chance, I do really hate the 360's dpad.

I tweeted about it Smiley

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 02:31:41 PM »

I've got it in my Download Cue!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 02:43:53 AM »

Thanks Ishi and Eric  Beer!

and yea, I definitely wanna fix that crappy left stick. Just that the programmer is still only free to fix it over weekend, so I don't know when that might happen. Other then that, let's dance Hand Metal Left Evil Hand Metal Right

pixeltao
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 07:59:26 PM »

Congrats for the release!
As promised, I already purchased it. Wink I just played through the first 3 levels, and I really like it. I'm impressed by how polished the visuals are. Good work! Beer!

gunmaggot
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 08:05:49 PM »

Nana has some serious junk in the trunk - approved.  I really like that music too.
gunmaggot
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 08:12:04 PM »

rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 05:49:48 AM »

That's true... and damn, now that I think of it, Nana deserve a game of her own.

LoTekK
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 09:40:11 AM »

That's true... and damn, now that I think of it, Nana deserve a game of her own.
Pee Seeeee. :p (I'm gonna keep bugging you for a PC release, you do realise this, right? :p)

rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 11:18:40 AM »

Pee Seeeee. :p (I'm gonna keep bugging you for a PC release, you do realise this, right? :p)
"Pee Seeeeee" that's probably the kinda sound geek zombie makes. But honestly, we receive a number of feedback we have to fix before moving it over to the PC... and I need to hired new programmers... the pppaaaiiinnn Tiger...

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic