Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:25:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSewers (Mini LD entry with Andy W)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sewers (Mini LD entry with Andy W)  (Read 1656 times)
Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2009, 06:45:12 AM »

SEWERS

It's a game about a small boy in a large sewer. It's your job to get him to interact with his surroundings in the hope to find the five different endings. I'd like to think of this as a complicated love story with the raw emotions of humans really showing. It brings up the complexity of how people deal with relationships and ultimately what they do to keep them alive. It's very deep.

This was made for the Mini Ludum Dare with Andy Wolff. I did the programming and made up a few gameplay ideas and Andy did the graphics and came up with the concept. He also helped with the programming. We had heaps of huge ideas, but we didn't get to finish them because of the time limit. Even so, I'm happy with the result.

Download
LD Page

I didn't get to test this much, so if there's anything wrong, please tell me!

Eraser
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 01:32:09 PM »

This was quite fun, but I only found 3/5 of the endings.
dbb
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 02:30:25 PM »

I've only found 1/5 of the endings so far, but I have found it several times  Durr...?. I'll go back and have another go later. I really liked this. As I was playing it, I thought of a few nitpicky criticisms, but on reflection it's not worth writing them here. It's cool (and I haven't even got that far into it yet, I think).

I really like the underwater inverse-jumping gimmick.

Only bug I found was that jumping between one room and another I did manage to get my head stuck in the ceiling at one point. It made me laugh, though, so could be worse.

If I manage to get much further I'll let you know.

Eraser
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 03:47:43 PM »

Only bug I found was that jumping between one room and another I did manage to get my head stuck in the ceiling at one point. It made me laugh, though, so could be worse.

If I manage to get much further I'll let you know.
Ha! I got myself stuck inside blocks too Wink
Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 05:03:32 PM »

Thank you.  Wink

With the getting stuck bug, was is just when going in between rooms, or was it when you jump into them a certain way? I'll have to look into it.

Eraser
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »

Thank you.  Wink

With the getting stuck bug, was is just when going in between rooms, or was it when you jump into them a certain way? I'll have to look into it.
When switching rooms (Ex: I've only gotten stuck going from the first to second room)
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 03:50:44 AM »

3/5. I'm confused as to how to get the 'good' endings, assuming there are any.

I sure hope this isn't an art game where there are no more endings and "the complexity of how people deal with relationships and ultimately what they do to keep them alive" is shown through my repeated attempts to get the remaining endings. Tongue
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic