Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 07:42:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogspixelinvoke - pixelProject
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: pixelinvoke - pixelProject  (Read 3013 times)
sabransky
Level 0

ungabunga

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2009, 04:38:09 PM »

ungabunga

pixelProject temporary title Smiley
This is a totally free game project with a final version coming sometime in 2010.

genre:   PLATFORMER
design/graphics/coding:   Balázs Sabransky
music:   dunno yet
release date:   2010
platform:   PC

more info: http://pixelinvoke.com/?pixelproject

You control a little hiro in a pointless, but fun world. The gameplay is the classic 2D platformer one, but there are some unique features in it. In the released preview version: there are 4 levels, and it has no story or music yet.

previewVersion

shots

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:37:28 AM by sabransky » Logged

MaloEspada
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 04:41:30 PM »

What makes your game look like Fez (on the visuals only) is the white character + gray bricks + blue sky + brown and green terrain.
The gameplay is very different, though..
salade
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 04:57:09 PM »

We have an intro thread, but whole-ly crap those are shiny pixels!
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 08:28:32 PM »

mac fails again.

Wander
Level 1

pixels are my only real friends. (and scotch)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 09:57:38 PM »

i like it! looks cool.

in your trailer though... the music - NO!  Change it. :-)  It sounds very low bit which is cool, but it comes across a little harsh.  Take it from an average listener, the trailer music was hard to listen to.  Otherwise, I think it's a-ok.

it's popular to call things fez ripoff.  who cares - looks different enough. :-)

-The Horrible Vikings-

-= artist will paint for scotch=-
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 11:11:24 AM »

It looks like you're actually going somewhere with this, but I have to say, it reminds me way to much of Cafe:  http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=2562.0
Not saying that that's a bad thing, it just seems like you copied the simple aesthetic and added far too many arbitrary details that don't work very well.The dithering, especially on the main character is unnecessary and lacks contrast.  Dithering should be reserved for objects with texture, like rough rocks or scaly surfaces.Though the gameplay looks interesting, the art lacks originality.

EDIT: I apologize for sounding so harsh, this project looks very exciting, and really can't wait to play it!

BoxedLunch
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 02:51:07 PM »

I played this on gamejolt. I really think it is so far a good game, it just needs to be a bit faster. It takes forever to play one level.  Shrug
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 04:37:49 PM »

This is looking quite nice, and the game is pretty fun so far.  One thing is that the box pushing mechanic feels rather rough currently, as often I think I should be pushing a box, but I'm not.  I think the fact that the player needs a certain momentum to push blocks makes doing so rather difficult.

I really liked the attention to detail you put into the footstep sounds.  Having different sounds for different surfaces is a nice touch!

This is looking quite nice.  As I said before, some of the gameplay needs a bit more polish, but otherwise it's looking very good.

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 09:16:10 PM »

This looks great.

I have a little problem with one of the first obstacles you see in the first level though. There's a hole with two platforms right after a pile of boxes, from which you can very easily fall. You land on some more platforms but there's no way to come up, so you have to throw yourself down the hole. It's kinda hard for the first level as you're teaching the player how to play.

Anyway. Can't wait to see more.

PlayMeTape
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 10:33:59 AM »

Looks great but too much dithering. Fix it fix it fix it Wink!
Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 01:13:23 PM »

This game looks beautiful!
Can't wait to play it, but from the screenshots I do agree that there might be a bit to much dither.

(I also really like the look of that game in your signature?? any info for us  Grin )
sabransky
Level 0

ungabunga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 12:22:31 PM »

thanks for all the posts guys. Sorry for the late reply. :[

-rdein
the basic stuff C:

-JaJitsu
sorry dude :C

-Wander
Thank you so much. The trailer music is a piece of shit. Why? Cause i'm not a musican C: Sadly there is no music guy in pixelinvoke yet.

-Mansa
K, i understand those who sad the game is a FEZ rip. I don't agree with them but i see why they sad that.
But cafe? I see nothing similar. Oh, kay, both main characters are white.
Cafe seems to be a basic platformer with an unique art style. Pixelproject is platformer too, but the art style is way diferent. Serene draws all stages pixel-by-pixel, but I'm using a palette of environment object/titles. Gameplay? If i know right, serene's character can shot with his finger. Mine can push crates and jump on enemies to kill them.

So i really don't see what reminds you to cafe. Please tell me what is that I can't see.

-BoxedLunch
Yeah i know. That is a really early version. The final one will be more fun and fast, thats just a preview.

-Malec2b
Thanks. Yup, the crate pushing mechanic isn't the best. I'll remake it.

-Dom2D
Thank you. Good point. I'll design the levels more careful. :]

-Christoffer
I will.

-Jim
Thanks.

That project is just an idea and a pic yet. sry

So thanks for all the comments. I'm still working on the project.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic