Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 08:14:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Assembleech - The Assemblee Link Leech (19/12 update)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Assembleech - The Assemblee Link Leech (19/12 update)  (Read 38409 times)
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2009, 01:41:07 AM »

I made the Indie Asset Organizer almost exclusively for this competition.
It went through almost unnoticed but it has really useful features. It even runs on Mac.

If there was a way to work out the assembleech to output authors and file links, leech_tool downloads everything into author-named subfolders and can be used by the Indie Asset Org. to be easily previewed (audio and graphics), drag-copied, etc.

It's a shame I spent time doing those tools and nobody is using them. Oh well.

Dude, these tools look very useful, tagging, easy copy of names, and drag and drop will be very helpful.  Assembleech looks useful too!  Need to get them files some how.  One of the reasons I have yet to use these tools is because Assemblee Part I was still going on (or at least it was), and I am not concerned about trying to collect the files till submissions are complete (wanna avoid repeatedly downloading the same, or different version of a file, can get confusing for me...).  Ill try em out shortly (hopefully all the entries will have been submitted)

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
HanClinto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2009, 08:53:43 AM »

This is a great tool, thanks!

It looks like the list has not been refreshed in several days.  Could you please post to let us know when you update it?

Thanks!

--clint
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2009, 12:11:42 PM »

I plan on trying out that tool. So don't feel sad nitram. Kiss

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »

OK, *huffpuff* I'm on and working, sorry for much of the *huff huff* delay but I got  one busy weekend and some lifeless crap-at-work to do this week (i'm a teacher, getting loaded with paperwork all of a sudden every now and then). But i'm getting too work. NOW.

btw, just updated

EDIT:

DONE! now testing nitram's leech tool

EDIT2:

IT WORKS!!!! It is a great tool, sorry for the delay in script changes too, but I was seriously out of time. I will try the IAO as soon as I lecch the contents.

EDIT3:

There is an obvious bug in my code. It doesn't actually get all the links, just some at a random basis. I will have to redo major parts of the code most probably, but that's a job for tmrw Smiley
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 02:45:00 PM by Sos » Logged

HanClinto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2009, 07:04:15 PM »

You can compile it in Mac easily with:
$ g++ -Wall leech_tool.cpp -o leech_tool
There were a couple of syntax errors, but got it to run on OS/X after inserting a couple of spaces to make the compiler happy -- it's probably just because G++ is configured by default to some ridiculously high level of paranoia.

Not sure what the problem is -- I run it, and it downloads the index file, but then after printing it to the screen, it just happily says, "Press enter to exit".  After I do so, the program exits without an error code, and there is nothing else in the directory other than the temporary cached file of links.  There are no "failed" messages -- only a dump of the temp file.

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm excited about using this tool, thanks!

--clint
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2009, 11:49:07 PM »

Hey! thanks Sos. But where's the link? :D

HanClint:
I never did actually check it... I'll fix it now :D
Or if someone else can, better.
Also I think I should call ./wget for the ppl that do not have wget on their bin folders.

Yes, you should use another link (the one that Sos forgot to post). The "normal" one is not in a format that leech_tool understands (no author-link).

Could you post the OSX code so I can use that instead of mine? Thanks!

Regards
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 11:59:01 PM by nitram_cero » Logged

Working on HeliBrawl
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2009, 03:10:38 AM »

In the first post I linked a zip with compiled leech_tool that has the link (so0os.pl/assemblee/wget.txt)

Leech Tool for Windows + source

It also had the source (with these spaces added  and link changed Tongue) It should compile on mac and linux easily. If it exits without doing anything, this means you have to get wget for your platform as well.

The script works well.

Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2009, 03:15:10 AM »

Oh, great!
I thought it was a direct link to my post's file.

Indie asset organizer update

Well, IAO has been updated for Windows at least (I'll update it for Mac between today and tomorrow).

Avaiable here!

leech_tool update

I removed continuation because it worked like crap (Failed if the file was downloaded ok)
Wget retries 20 times on errors so that should be enough.
So: Now it redownloads on each call.

Wget continue fails in most cases: search for "--continue" in the documentation.

Download leech_tool v1.2 (Win-prepared + Win/Mac/Linux src)

EDIT: Re-updated the tool (1.2). I forgot to add " " around urls and sometimes they failed because of that.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 04:49:47 AM by nitram_cero » Logged

Working on HeliBrawl
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2009, 08:04:10 AM »

SCRIPT FIXED!!!

Now it actually gets everything, I suggest all of you that used it already to redownload.

btw, updated

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2009, 08:31:24 AM »

Thanks, now I've just got to restart that 5 hours download

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2009, 08:42:35 AM »

I really think someone should fix the downloads a bit, check manually failed dls, unzip all the files (IAO supports nested folders), etc. And then make a pack and upload it to Dropbox/as a torrent.

That will be easier on everybody.

Working on HeliBrawl
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2009, 09:38:51 AM »

i wanted to do it anyways, so i might give this a try

Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2009, 10:49:25 AM »

does the leech tool ever stop assigning things to UNKNOWN_AUTHOR?

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2009, 11:36:26 AM »

unknown_author are things found in the stickies.

Anyways, My server is sad, and tells me he has "Internal server error" when i try to run the script. I suggest we donate some nice things (chocolates, flowers, liquor, ladies) to the server to keep it's mood up.

EDIT: I didn't manage to run the script fully today, so output is only a part of the whole.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 04:39:39 PM by Sos » Logged

Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2009, 10:56:05 PM »

does the leech tool ever stop assigning things to UNKNOWN_AUTHOR?

It does, but the whole thing takes hours to download.
I have 3639 files in 173 folders totalling 1GB, and that was from... monday or tuesday (incomplete list AFAIK)

Working on HeliBrawl
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2009, 11:55:45 PM »

Donated all the images that are currently on page 1.
HanClinto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2009, 09:57:53 AM »

Is there a simple way to configure the leech tool to skip over files that it already downloaded (for subsequent runs after my Internet connection died a couple hours into it?)

--clint
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2009, 03:35:41 PM »

I tried using the "-c" ("--continue") argument, but they all return a fail code when they were already downloaded :/
Actually, accoring to the docs, a lot of times continuing can fuck up the files  Droop

Feel free to tweak it and upload the latest version, thou Smiley

Btw, Sos, I don't think you'll be getting any donations, focus on finding a guy that owns a home-server, I know there are a few around this forum that can run your script.

Regards

Working on HeliBrawl
HanClinto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2009, 03:55:23 PM »

Btw, Sos, I don't think you'll be getting any donations
Mmmm... this comment is delicious.  Healthy too -- high in vitamins like irony.

Srsly tho, check out his donation page -- he did a great job with it, and has gotten lots of donations so far from ppl here.  You don't have to give anything -- it's just worth it to see what people have given. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 03:58:55 PM by HanClinto » Logged
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2009, 04:04:01 PM »

Oh, but that wasn't irony. I really can't imagine people donating.

I know a lot of people is using Flan (the editor I did for Flixel) but only got 6 contributions for it so far. You can't expect me to trust donations  Smiley

Unluckily I get a server not found page, I can't see what's on that link.

Best regards.

Working on HeliBrawl
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic