Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 02:02:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Assembleech - The Assemblee Link Leech (19/12 update)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Assembleech - The Assemblee Link Leech (19/12 update)  (Read 38413 times)
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2009, 09:59:53 PM »

just wanted to make some fun of donationware Tongue, didn't mean to offend (or profit)

Anyways, there is currently some maintenance work, says my server admin. I hope they peek into logs and work sth out, because it crashes dozens of time daily.

If not, I will follow nitrams advice and just run the script locally.

Oh, and thanks for all the "donations" Smiley

Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2009, 10:29:41 PM »

Oh shit, I feel really stupid now (that I've seen the page). I thought you were asking for money to pay the hosting Cheesy

Sorry, me bad.

-Regards

Working on HeliBrawl
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2009, 11:26:14 PM »

just wanted to make some fun of donationware Tongue, didn't mean to offend (or profit)

Oh, and thanks for all the "donations" Smiley
I got quite a laugh out of that donation page.  Quite clever, lots of fun.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 11:37:54 PM by BigLon » Logged

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2009, 12:21:06 AM »

Sorry for the fuzz, I couldn't enter the page so I thought something else. Of course you haven't offended anyone Tongue

I donated about 1/4 of my desktop images  Grin

Working on HeliBrawl
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2009, 01:20:45 AM »

No problem mate Smiley

Anyways, the maintenance is over now, I hope it'll work now. Will update as soon as it does.

EDIT

After approximately 36353 tries, I managed to run the sript succesfully. Thanks to all your donations my happy server prepared the link list.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 07:26:53 AM by Sos » Logged

valzi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2009, 10:34:07 AM »

I just updated my links to make them visible to Assemblee Leech. An update would be pleasant.  =)
Ipsquiggle
Level 0

The Fernicious Freep.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2009, 07:45:12 PM »

Nitram: So a few days I go I spent like 8 hours downloading all the stuff, but now it looks like there have been a few changes and additions. Would it be possible, at the minimum, to get your leech script to optionally only download files that don't already exist on the hard drive?
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2009, 10:11:26 PM »

EDIT: I'll try this way now... it apparently only downloads when mismatched and overwrites instead of adding a numeric extension keeping every version.

"wget -q -N -nH -P ./assets/<author>/ <url>"

leech_tool "v1.3"
This one shouldn't redownload anything that's not been changed.

Bear in mind that this is unlikely to speedup the process in a great amount as "checks" (protocol chit chat) sometimes take more bytes than redownloading a small file.

When running Wget with `-N', with or without `-r', the decision as to whether or not to download a newer copy of a file depends on the local and remote timestamp and size of the file (see section 5. Time-Stamping). `-nc' may not be specified at the same time as `-N'.

leech_tool "v1.2c" WITH CONTINUING

But take heed...

On the other side of the coin, while using `-c', any file that's bigger on the server than locally will be considered an incomplete download and only (length(remote) - length(local)) bytes will be downloaded and tacked onto the end of the local file. This behavior can be desirable in certain cases--for instance, you can use `wget -c' to download just the new portion that's been appended to a data collection or log file.

However, if the file is bigger on the server because it's been changed, as opposed to just appended to, you'll end up with a garbled file. Wget has no way of verifying that the local file is really a valid prefix of the remote file. You need to be especially careful of this when using `-c' in conjunction with `-r', since every file will be considered as an "incomplete download" candidate.

Another instance where you'll get a garbled file if you try to use `-c' is if you have a lame HTTP proxy that inserts a "transfer interrupted" string into the local file. In the future a "rollback" option may be added to deal with this case.

Note that `-c' only works with FTP servers and with HTTP servers that support the Range header.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:29:28 PM by nitram_cero » Logged

Working on HeliBrawl
tskaahyeah
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2009, 10:14:09 PM »

I got a problem on the download thingy because the place I work in has a proxy settings
tskaahyeah
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2009, 11:57:17 PM »

I got a problem on the download thingy because the place I work in has a proxy settings
just found out how to do it just type in the command prompt set http_proxy="proxy.example.com:8080"
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2009, 11:46:07 AM »

I updated the list.

I got it working on the first try, which is great Smiley

But i still see that some stuff from my first leeching process is missing now, but that's probably due to people editing their posts and getting rid of stuff.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic