Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:14:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingXONG 7DRL (Seven Day Roguelike) release 1.0 for comments and feedback
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: XONG 7DRL (Seven Day Roguelike) release 1.0 for comments and feedback  (Read 1842 times)
dto1138
« on: November 21, 2009, 01:47:53 AM »

Hi, at the request of the moderator I've edited this post to comply with the guidelines Smiley

XONG 1.0 has been released for Windows, Macintosh, and GNU/Linux. XONG is a colorful and fast-moving puzzle game written in Common Lisp. It's an abstract game taking cues from both roguelikes and various classic 2600 "twitch" games.

Download the game from http://dto.github.com/notebook/xong.html

About me: I am David O'Toole, a game developer and musician living in Massachusetts, USA. After working at Irrational Games (i.e. Bioshock, System Shock 2) in 2003-2005, I left the games industry to work on independent projects, including games. XONG is the first released game in a series of experiments, some of which are already just weeks from release.

The graphics and music have a deliberately retro feel, so please keep this in mind when judging the visuals. That being said, I'd like people to play and give their most honest feeback and criticism about the gameplay. Is this fun? Would certain rule changes increase fun and reduce frustration? I'd like feedback on how well the game's elements balance together. My goal is to have a challenging, fast puzzle game that may have difficult moments, but manages the frustration level carefully so that players don't give up. Try to play for awhile and see what situations come up. Also, bug reports are welcome.

In addition to posting here, you can visit us on irc.freenode.net channel #lispgames!

XONG is written entirely in the Common Lisp language.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 02:13:49 AM by dto1138 » Logged
Hempuliā€½
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 01:53:42 AM »

ERROR
MORE INFORMATION REQUIRED
INTRODUCTION THREAD UNVISITED

So, yeah, please tell us a bit more; and sure remember to visit the ontroductory thread. In case you're about to come back here! Wink

dto1138
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 02:06:41 AM »

Hello, thanks for pointing me to the guidelines. I revised the post and added the required info---anything else I need to do?

Thanks!  ---david
deathtotheweird
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 09:35:43 PM »

Game is great. Really hard too, but that's roguelikes for ya. This is a new great twist on the genre, easy way to get me to play it.

Background music is pretty relaxing too. Looking forward to future updates.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic