Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 06:38:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEelo [Xbox 360 and PC]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Eelo [Xbox 360 and PC]  (Read 3570 times)
jijaweb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 21, 2009, 06:36:47 AM »

Hi there everyone.

I´m making a game called Eelo - The Dark Knight Of The 45th War Unit. It´s made by the XNA Framework and the plan is to release it on XBOX 360 and PC.

Homepage
http://eelo-dark-knight.blogspot.com/

Type of Game
Adventure/Action/Platformer

Story
Eelo is a humanoid/droid-soldier and works at the 45th War Unit. He is sent to a big galactic war in Delta System 34 x2 -2. But before he even gets there his ship is shot down by aliens and crashes on an unknown distant planet.

Videos
Level 0-1:

Screenshots

Do you want more info about the game? Write a post in the devlog.

/jija

« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 06:40:56 AM by jijaweb » Logged

/jija
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 03:03:56 PM »

Seen this in the Promising Freeware Games thread. Great art, but might just be a tad too Super Metroid inspired.
jijaweb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 11:54:52 PM »

Thanks.

The game is inspired by Metroid, YES. But I don´t think it´s TOO much. Maybee I can do something to make it less Metroidish? But if it´s the main characters apearence, well sorry, thats nailed and I´m not make any changes on it. Smiley

When I have a little more stuff done on the world/planet. Maybee I post the MAP here.
I´m working on the snow-world right now and some of the enemies. I´ll post things up as soon I have something cool to show you.

(I think it´s great to have som critisism. That will only make the game better. Because I will listen to the voices out here, and I will have them in mind, when I struggle developing the game.)

Cheers!

/jija

/jija
dbb
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 04:26:59 AM »

The graphics look great. And Metroid-inspired platformers seem to be everyone's favourite sub-genre here, so I wouldn't worry too much. If you did want to tone down the overt Metroidness of it, though, you might want to redesign the player's ship (assuming that's what the high-tech spidery thing in the first screenshot is). That's the thing that really jumped out at me and shouted "METROID!". Metroid Plus, to be exact, as that's the only one I've played.

Anyway, I'll be watching this thread for developments. How far are you from a playable build?

alspal
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 04:34:51 AM »

I think some of the graphics look okay. At the moment it seems very basic, what sort of features are going to be implementing?
jijaweb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 06:40:59 AM »

How far are you from a playable build?

I have a build that is already playable, BUT, it´s only over som parts of the FIRST LEVEL, and some TEST-LEVELS. I´m struggling with the SNOW-level right now. There will be 7 different areas on the planet.

I think some of the graphics look okay. At the moment it seems very basic, what sort of features are going to be implementing?

Maybee basic, but you have to considering that I´m just in the beginning of the game.
Features... hmm. I don´t know what you are looking for but I will write some down here just the things that pop up my head. Basic movement of the player, player shooting bad guys, player going in to smaller parts of the world, NOT BY A BALL THOUGH! Smiley More enemies (the enemies in the videos is just som crap-test), BOSS-fights. Save gamestate. Maybee some dialogs and interaction with stuff on the planet. Player weapons upgrade. Gravity changes.
And certainly more stuff.

/jija

/jija
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 06:56:17 PM »

I like the art style, and the color palette is easy on my eyes (especially after spending several hours staring at brightly colored white websites).  I don't think there's anything wrong with the Metroid-inspiration... as long as it's got its own story and feel it should be fine.  Especially since there are so many Metroid-fans around here. 

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
jijaweb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 02:07:27 AM »

I´m working on the snow-level at the moment. It´s 7 parts (rooms). And today I started to work on a BIG MEAN BOSS to the DARK LEVEL (this is scary stuff Smiley ). Almost a screen in hight.
I will post some concept drawings and a first early digital picture soon.

/jija
jijaweb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 01:08:38 AM »

Ok. This project is not dead. We are two people in the team right now. I see now that we need some help. So the question is... Is there someone out there who is willig to help out/contribute with GAME-GRAPHICS to the game?

My idea is to take ONE part of the world and make a first "mini-game" of it. A DEMO if you say so. And we need help to make game graphics for that part. It´s world content, enemies, bullets, explosions... all you can think of.

If you are interested to contribute, mail me and I will give you more info.

Ninja  Hand Thumbs Up Right

/jija
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 02:02:03 PM »

I'm definitely following this thread, from those screenshots it looks pretty great! I like the name too.

I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 02:18:39 PM »

I think you should take the phrase "The Dark Knight" out of the title. That's gonna really mislead people.
Also I think you should emphasize the parallax background in level 1. Like- it moves a bit slower than the foreground now, and I think it should move MORE slower. If you could have multiple levels of background, like LEVEL - CLOUDS - MOON that moved at different speeds, then that'd be perfect.

Animation-wise: A walk cycle should move people

. Right now, yours looks kind of goofy.
Unless that was a stylistic choice to make it look like it was made in the time when games looked like that. In which case I guess that was really clever...
Akari
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 12:24:28 AM »

The stills look pretty, but in the video the player's speed look atrociously slow and the walking animation looks quite goofy, as I_smell pointed out.
jijaweb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 03:13:41 AM »

I think you should take the phrase "The Dark Knight" out of the title. That's gonna really mislead people.
Also I think you should emphasize the parallax background in level 1. Like- it moves a bit slower than the foreground now, and I think it should move MORE slower. If you could have multiple levels of background, like LEVEL - CLOUDS - MOON that moved at different speeds, then that'd be perfect.

Animation-wise: A walk cycle should move people

. Right now, yours looks kind of goofy.
Unless that was a stylistic choice to make it look like it was made in the time when games looked like that. In which case I guess that was really clever...

I already have multiple scrolling background functionality in the engine. I can set wich speed I want to any layer. So that is not any problem.

About the character movements, WE NEED HELP HERE!....

/jija
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic