Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411840 Posts in 69419 Topics- by 58464 Members - Latest Member: Riya21

May 31, 2024, 07:24:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingIrving the serial killer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Irving the serial killer  (Read 2123 times)
BoxedLunch
« on: November 21, 2009, 01:47:10 PM »

Hand Joystick http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/other/irving-the-serial-killer/986/ Hand Joystick
Irving has just skinned alive one too many people hasn't he? Now his victims want revenge, and poor Irving dosn't know... So play as his trusty killing knife and fly around to kill some probably too familiar friends...

In this game the goal is simple, don't let people touch irving by flying into them with the knife. Every one minute, the game speeds up and gets a little harder. So, If enemies get to close to Irving, shoot them with mini knives which inconviently only move right. How long can you stay alive?

Controls

Arrow keys-fly knife

A and D- move irving

S- shoot mini knives

Based on a pixel art I did, http://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/irving1.gif
made in two hours
New version coming soon
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 09:52:53 AM by BoxedLunch » Logged
increpare
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 02:34:46 PM »

link?
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 03:57:47 PM »

Seems he forgot a link but it's over at gamejolt

http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/other/irving-the-serial-killer/986/

It's a bit easy right now, you should make it to where more than one enemies appear at a time.

flying the knife around was pretty cool, and kinda funny too.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 09:51:47 AM »

link?
Oh I forgot. *click*

It's a bit easy right now, you should make it to where more than one enemies appear at a time.

The new version will have 5 new modes like a fast one where you get points every second, a hard one with load of enemies (your request) and a few weird ones.
I'll also add high scores.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 11:02:31 AM »

I'm glad I'm getting plays! If only I could get some ratings.

That or bacon would be fine.  Addicted
mluongo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 03:21:05 PM »

woo, scored over 500.

I liked the music and the blood spatter on the floor. The artwork isn't bad. It's a very simple but enjoyable little game.

I think the number one thing it could use is some sort of variation in the gameplay. Make the enemies have different behaviors, or make the knife behave differently at certain times. The throwing knives were all but useless.

What if you were able to move the guy on the ground to avoid enemy attacks? What if sometimes the knife's controls would be reversed, or the blade was tripled in size? What if you could earn combo kills by killing enemies quickly? It would also be nice if the background changed at some time to make you feel you are progressing.

Just needs something to shake it up a bit, you know?

BoxedLunch
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 09:41:44 AM »

woo, scored over 500.

I liked the music and the blood spatter on the floor. The artwork isn't bad. It's a very simple but enjoyable little game.

I think the number one thing it could use is some sort of variation in the gameplay. Make the enemies have different behaviors, or make the knife behave differently at certain times. The throwing knives were all but useless.

What if you were able to move the guy on the ground to avoid enemy attacks? What if sometimes the knife's controls would be reversed, or the blade was tripled in size? What if you could earn combo kills by killing enemies quickly? It would also be nice if the background changed at some time to make you feel you are progressing.

Just needs something to shake it up a bit, you know?
I plan on making the other knives a mouse controlled power up in the sequel. Plus there will be some major improvements. And you are able to move Irving, it's in the description of the game on its page.

By the way, try scoring over 1,000. I did and my brains hurted. Epileptic
mluongo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 05:49:57 PM »

Good to hear.

And sorry I skipped over Irving's movement.

JoeHonkie
Level 8

RIP Major Sebastian Bludd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 07:38:18 AM »

Awww, what's up with me finding games with cute serial killers recently?  That's a pretty fun little time killer you got there.

Maybe if Irving could jump the throwing knives would be useful?
BoxedLunch
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 09:46:46 AM »

Just started the graphics for irving 2, here's irving. I guess. well anyway he's not finished because i'm having trouble with the mask. Tell me what you think.  Smiley
BoxedLunch
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 10:16:43 AM »

Just got irving finished for the sequel.

Here he is.

and here's how he was made.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic