Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:13:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPsychoPandomium- Extrememly Well Reviewed Shooter(On YYG and GMS)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PsychoPandomium- Extrememly Well Reviewed Shooter(On YYG and GMS)  (Read 2385 times)
3dpursuit
Level 0

My name is Ed, Freeware Dev.

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2009, 08:17:24 AM »

PsychoPandomium-

In a City Built high in the sky, lives a people. They used  to be lost. And one day they were found. They used to  be peaceful. Then the disease game. Pandomium...

The disease was caused mysteriously, and infected 99.9% of the population. Otherwise known as. Everyone but YOU. And theres only one way to get rid of it. Kill all the infected. Your mom, the mayor, your dad, the president. Your son.

Pandomium causes a horrible list of mutations and growth, spiders, llamas and humans were all hit. And when your infected you need to eat non-infected flesh. Also known as you!

Battle through 6 missions, and one boss. Contains 1-3 hours of gameplay, plus online highscores, custom dialogues, and awesome effects! This game is one for the masses! Hopefully you'll enjoy this: http://www.gamemakergames.com/?a=view&id=7162
http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/103248
Thanks for checking it out! Here's some images!

USER FEEDBACK-

FrogMelonGames- 1-3 hours? wow.
i can't even get passed the first few levels! I like to eat broccoli!
but that is mainly due to the fact i suck at fast action games.
i really like it though! great game, truly great.

FGS_Hurricane- This was a great game, very fun and very satisfying with the great blood effects. The only downside I have is the limited aiming due to only allowing left and right but thats probably just my taste. the enmies on the ceiling were slightly hard to kill. The custom text thing was very original and cool. Overall, a very enjoyable experience. hope to see a sequel sometime or more missions, modes.

Darkblast- Impressive. I look forward to seeing this in the YoYoLegends category of the main site.

Dixee-I forgot to mention that the game looks good. I love a good platformer (feels like a real treasure these days) and will totally give it a shot.

New Jersey Freeware developer. Prefers creating exploration & Puzzle platfomers.
Hempuliā€½
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 11:20:46 AM »

It's good to know that the game is extrememly well reviewed; otherwise I would think it was extrememly badly reviewed. I don't like bad reviews.

jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 11:59:49 AM »

What Hempuli is trying to say is that people who don't introduce themselves may get a cold response  Gentleman

jrjellybeans
Level 3

They're All Gonna Laugh At You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 12:01:16 PM »

I wanna try this game, but can't download it.

The YoYo Games doesn't seem to be letting me download the game right.

Any chance you can upload it somewhere else?

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 12:30:38 PM »

looks like no one on YYG and GMS played 10800 zombies

3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 01:18:31 PM »

Thanks jrjellybean. And it's not based off of 10800 Z, but the graphics were a bit inspired. I introduced myself just now btw. (Sorry) Crazy

New Jersey Freeware developer. Prefers creating exploration & Puzzle platfomers.
G.I.L.
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 01:20:24 PM »

edit missed your post
i try it later
3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 01:51:46 PM »

Alright, Hope you enjoy it.  Corny Laugh

mluongo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 02:10:34 PM »

What Hempuli is trying to say is that people who don't introduce themselves may get a cold response  Gentleman

Seriously? Do people actually check to see if someone has introduced themself?

It's not hard to simply miss that thread, you know.

I will download and play the game now
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 02:31:46 PM by mluongo » Logged

mluongo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 02:30:44 PM »

Just played your game, 3d, but I couldn't get too far.

First of all, starting the game with the readme file is a cause for concern. An easy level that introduces the player to the gameplay is a more elegant way to get people started. I skimmed over the readme (which, of course, wasn't long) but felt I was missing something once I was in the game.

The graphics are very simple but they do their job, as do the sounds. That's all fine. Well, except for the fat creatures on the ground that look like square-shaped dogs (?). Those don't look very good.

The AI was too good at tracking my movements. It wasn't very easy to get to a safe position where I could fire on them. And shooting the bats on the ceiling was almost impossible.

On the first level I made my way down to the bottom, and after a few deaths, was finally able to clear all of the bad guys out down there. Unfortunately, I didn't see anywhere that I could go. I've got to be missing something.

Hope I'm not being too negative. I'll give it another run.

btw, the Psycho Pandomium name and its concept is similar to something from the sci-fi movie Pandorum.

3dpursuit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 02:45:19 PM »

Here's a tip, you can go UP. It's not neccessary to clear all the enemies. If you are stuck, go here: http://forums.yoyogames.com/forums/5/topics/32703

It has the full visible map of all of the missions, should help you out.The Read-Me is important, it teaches you some stuff. I have no idea what Pandorum is, I'm not one for sci-fi movies.

Whether you enjoyed it alot, or not, thanks for playing. Hopefully beating the first level with the walk through will help you get into the game a bit more. If you can't beat it, feel free to play the sequel when it comes out, itll have more features as well as aiming towards the ceiling.

I can complete the first 4 missions in about an hour and 15 minutes, so don't worry if your losing.  Also, If it's to hard, just try getting achievements, or play survival mode.

Once again, you can find the maps here: http://forums.yoyogames.com/forums/5/topics/32703

ALSO, if you won't mind, give a rating on  the game out of 5.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic