Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 11:08:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioKekskiller's music thread
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Kekskiller's music thread  (Read 1721 times)
Kekskiller
« on: November 23, 2009, 11:44:24 AM »

I decided to use this thread as a shameless self-promotional bump for my music. Drop me a line what you think about it. Or if you like or not. Whatever you want to say about it! If you want to say something about it. Guess not. Nobody talks about music except if it's hilariously bad or fucking awesome. Choose wisely!

Old post:
Hey guys,

Yesterday I decided to upload and comment/distill around 50 tracks of mine on my blog.

Read & listen to them here

All tracks except the Album/EP ones can be played within the blog, so no temporary download is necessary. There's a lot of stuff to hear and read, I needed some sort of portfolio to showcase my work. Any thoughts, critics, comments? Is it OK as a portfolio?

I would also like some feedback and how you would describe/classify my music. I was never able to define it properly Huh?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 05:48:43 AM by Kekskiller » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 11:51:43 AM »

Your liberal use of delay , reverb and hiss kinda reminds me of Basic Channel.

Also, what's your definition of "harsh noise", because I honestly coudln't hear any in any of the tracks I listened to.
Kekskiller
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 12:02:26 PM »

Also, what's your definition of "harsh noise", because I honestly coudln't hear any in any of the tracks I listened to.
Oh, I meant the last track and all the percussion distortion. Changed it to "noisy percussion".
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 12:18:48 PM »

Haha, no problem.  :D

Anyway, I liked your stuff. I actually clicked the link half expecting Trance-type stuff but was pleasantly surprised by what I heard. You seem to have a good ear for reverb and delay. As I already wrote in my initial post, a lot of it sounds a bit like Basic Channel and the whole Berlin dub techno scene. Is that an influence or am I imagining things?  :D
Kekskiller
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 12:34:42 PM »

I actually never heard of dub techno Concerned
But I'm living in Berlin. A possible relation?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 12:39:47 PM »

Kekskiller
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 10:01:42 PM »

I've just calculated that the whole list of music is exactly 3 hours, 25 minutes and 39 seconds long.
Kekskiller
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 05:52:17 AM »

Uploaded a new mini album of tracks I did with my DS-10. I guess I've already posted three of them somewhere but I deleted or removed them for some reason.

Five tracks, total length is 13 minutes: Download them here
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic