Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:10:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsForce Gunner
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Force Gunner  (Read 2231 times)
Poobical
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2009, 04:40:20 AM »

Hey, first post so I better say hello. Hello.

Yeah ^^. My names Joel and I'm currently designing a fast paced shoot 'em up based off the Treasure(company) type genre. Sadly I'm not going to make this co-op.

A friend said I should post a topic on these boards so I decided I shall. =)

Anyway this game is called Twin Gunners and features two playable characters both with their different sets of weapons. A bit like Rapid Reload/Gunners Heaven for the PSX. Shall also feature seven levels, retro sounds and huge bosses.

I've also got a video aswell so please tell me what ya think of it? It's still sort of W.I.P at the moment. Everything has been designed and coded by moi. The music is from Gunstar Heroes, remixed by me. =)

Also these are some really early pictures of the game:
-CURRENT VERSION

-OLD VERSION

Hope ya like
-Joel (Poobical)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 04:57:00 PM by Poobical » Logged
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 05:11:08 AM »

The game looks good.  Looks like a huge improvement over your old graphics too.  It is a shame that its not going to be co-op but it looks great anyways!  Keep us updated.

Everything has been designed and coded by moi. The music is from Gunstar Heroes, remixed by moi. =)

I first thought you were referring to a member here at Tig named Moi.  But I think your talking about yourself now haha.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 05:39:04 AM »

Art looks fantastic! Reminds me of Konjak. I also like me some Gunstar Heroes.  Hand Thumbs Up Left
Poobical
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 08:30:17 AM »

It is a shame that its not going to be co-op but it looks great anyways!

Aye, I was torn between making it co-op aswell. The reason I'm not is that I rather spend the time making a couple more levels and some big BIG bosses. Plus the effort I would have to put in, I doubt many people would actually play Co-op tbh.

I first thought you were referring to a member here at Tig named Moi.  But I think your talking about yourself now haha.

Changed the post to avoid confusion now =)

Art looks fantastic! Reminds me of Konjak. I also like me some Gunstar Heroes.  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Wow, reminds you of Konjak? Thats a huge compliment! Cheers! And I also like me some Gunstar too! Although this is also sorted based off, Alien Solider and Rapid Reload.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 08:35:51 AM »

I have to confess I've never played Rapid Reload, but Alien Soldier is great, as is everything by Treasure basically.
MaloEspada
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 08:38:45 AM »

I look forward to this. We need more action games like Gunstar Heroes!
Great graphics, too. Smiley
Poobical
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 05:02:27 PM »

It's been a while. Sorry about that. I've been rather busy with personal matters to continue with game development until now. Anyway I've got a new video and some new screen shots =)

I've gone back one of my older engines because it plays far nicer and it sort of plays like Megaman (which is a big plus in my eyes).

Anyway 'eres the juicy stuff:

'Eres the video :3 (Sorry about the sound quality)

And some pictures =)

Hope ye like :3 I'll make sure to post to keep you updated. A demo is in the works at the current moment of the opening stage.

-Sinclair/Poobical/Joel
Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 05:59:06 PM »

"Hey, first post so I better say hello. Hello.

Yeah ^^. My names Joel and I'm currently designing a fast paced shoot 'em up based off the Treasure(company) type genre. Sadly I'm not going to make this co-op."

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45.msg379405;boardseen#new  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Good to see you're still at the game dev.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 03:40:18 PM »

A Treasure-style-meets-MegaMan kind of game?  Hand Fork Left Kiss Hand Knife Right YES.

(adds at least another month to expected end-date of my own project) Too much goodness. I really like the style of your tilesets/BGs, too. That's the kind of thing I'd like to get into mine, in fact. How long did that take?

Also, something about your game - especially the title screen - makes me want to watch some Dirty Pair Flash.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic