Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411415 Posts in 69361 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 01:45:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Kazerad's characters, blood splatter, and sound effects. [FINAL]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Kazerad's characters, blood splatter, and sound effects. [FINAL]  (Read 38878 times)
Kazerad
Level 1

Should really make more games.

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2009, 04:17:26 PM »

Updated first post, sprite sheets linked because they are huge.

Complete Characters:

The Littlest Cowboy
He might not be the biggest tengallon in Texas, but he has a big heart and a bigger gun. Or maybe he's some kind of villainous bandit, bent on revenge on everyone who has ever called him short? Simple, dancey side-view character with a detached gun arm so the player can aim manually (or be shot at unfair angles, if used as an enemy). Sprite sheet includes face graphics, mask, and large character artwork for title/cutscene.
The Littlest Cowboy
The Littlest Cowboy (Outlined)

Dragon Princess
Maybe last of a species, or possibly the offspring of a human king who liked dragons way too much. Presumably capable of either kidnapping princesses or being kidnapped by dragons. Designed to function as an agile platformer protagonist, boss monster, or fighting game character, though there are enough sprites and variations that she should be good for about anything. Sprite sheet includes face graphics, mask, and large character artwork for title/cutscene.
Dragon Princess (Clothed)
Dragon Princess (Clothed, Sharper shading)
Dragon Princess (Clothed, Outlined)
Dragon Princess (Clothed, Sharper shading, Outlined)
Dragon Princess
Dragon Princess (Sharper shading)
Dragon Princess (Outlined)
Dragon Princess (Outlined, Sharper shading)
Dragon Princess (White for recoloring)
Dragon Princess (White for recoloring, Outlined)
Eyes/Mouth/Staff overlay (for exempting them from color modification)
Eyes/Mouth/Staff/Clothes overlay (Thanks Han!)

Other:

Scrapdragon
Was going to be totally awesome, but sadly due to entering the contest late never became anything more than a head, jaw, stomach, buzz saw, and leg. Maybe you can slap them on something that direly needs a robotic dragon head or a buzz saw.
Scrapdragon

Blood splatter
The most important part of proper violence! Sheet includes seven variations.
Red blood splatter
Red blood splatter (Outlined)
Green blood splatter
Seme-I mean, white blood splatter for recoloring
White blood splatter for recoloring (Outlined)

Sound Effects
I made 84 sound effects, using my mouth. Was hoping to do more but time happened.
Kazerad makes cheesy laser gun noises with his mouth
Kazerad makes cheesy laser gun noises with his mouth (Zip)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 01:09:53 PM by Kazerad » Logged

Kazerad
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 08:27:28 PM »

Pieces of some multi-sprite arcane robotic sin against nature and all that is holy? Needs some more parts, but I'm running out of ideas. Suggestions welcome.

Some kind of dragon thing? Maybe I'll give her animations. Or clothes.

HanClinto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 08:53:46 PM »

Wow, these are great!

Maybe I'll give her animations.

Yes please -- that would rock! Smiley
Kazerad
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 09:44:14 PM »

Thanks!  Smiley

Will hopefully anim her up tommorrow, but first: have some senseless blood splatter.

Would there be a demand for these in other colors, like green?

HanClinto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 09:48:38 PM »

Wow, these are incredibly good animations!
Blaizer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 09:51:10 PM »

Would there be a demand for these in other colors, like green?

Sure! Make them in other colours. There are a lot of games that can use blood sprites!

Great work by the way.
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 10:09:44 PM »

Nice work Kazerad.  I am sure the blood splatters will be used.  Wink  Alternative colors would be dandy.

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 10:30:13 PM »

How about cycling colours, for those that bleed rainbows when they cut themselves.
Kazerad
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 12:29:37 AM »

How about cycling colours, for those that bleed rainbows when they cut themselves.
Just for you. Wink

After I have a good number of animations for everything I'll probably post some recolors and maybe alternate versions of everything with black outlines automatically applied, to fit better with graphics that use outlines.

ALSO! After noticing most the audio submissions so far have been music, I decided to rent out a professional sound studio to record sound effects for Assemblee. And by "rented out a professional sound studio", I mean I spent an hour making cheesy laser gun noises into my gaming mic. Results below.

Kazerad
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 10:04:37 PM »

Update: today I have drawn more pixely lizard tits than any other day of my life.

Roughs for animations below. Will add tails, wings, frills, and shading later.

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 11:29:05 PM »

sweet stuff here  Wink

the bloodsplashes in greyscale would be useful for those who wish to color on the fly. Like me. They would be useful to me.

Kazerad
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 11:45:56 PM »

2/5ths through the final rendering on the dragoness right now. I had forgotten how freaking tedious spritework was; I should've stuck to machines and bloodsplatter. Droop

sweet stuff here  Wink

the bloodsplashes in greyscale would be useful for those who wish to color on the fly. Like me. They would be useful to me.
Thanks! And that's a good idea, making a grayscale version for real-time recoloring. (much easier than me rendering the whole spectrum).

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 01:06:56 AM »

Yay awesome.

hi
ETG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 03:09:18 AM »

That unfinished spritesheets remind me of Altered Beast.

Frog-Girl --> Lizard-Lady --> Dragon-Woman!

Looking good BTW.
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 03:34:07 AM »

this bone-dragon thingy is just great, more of these, please

NMcCoy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 02:16:52 PM »

Dragonlady is amazing. Requesting an overhead staff swing, and a walljump, please?

Dragondot 2 is out now! Go get it!
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 05:47:16 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

This stuff is great, too bad you weren't part of the competition longer.  A few more animations in that lizard warrior and you've made a solid main character.

-PENCERKOFF 

Kazerad
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 06:04:26 PM »

Thanks all  Smiley.

I tried a few times to make a simple "breathing/idle" animation from the basic standing sprite, but can't get it to look like anything more than some kind of seizure. If anyone would like to give it a shot, I'd be very appreciative.

I finalized the animations from the previous page, and added overhead swing as per request.

Also made a couple extra poses. Those two near the end were supposed to be walljumping, but I think in retrospect they could also double as stomping a puppy or something. I'm very tired of drawing her, and am glad she'll be someone else's problem after tomorrow.

Tomorrow my biggest priority will be formatting her, the bloodsplatter, and the cowboy into nice little sprite sheets, maybe making a few extra versions, recolors, etc (once they are in sprite sheet form mass-modification will be a breeze).

« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 06:13:15 PM by Kazerad » Logged

HanClinto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 12:08:05 AM »

Oh my word -- these are just too incredibly cool!

I'm so glad you animated these -- I think they're absolutely perfect!

A pose of her with her arm raised as if summoning would be really sweet if you had time, but this is incredibly usable as is.  Also, I think a pose of her with her wings extended in a little glide as she falls down would be a really sweet thing to put in a game.

I think the flame breath pose is fantastic -- will need to dig up some good flame particles from the rest of Assemblee for that one (unless you happened to have anything for it).

Thanks so much!  I can't wait to get these in-game.  You totally rock. Smiley

--clint
Jo-o
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2009, 05:56:36 AM »

It's amazing really good!!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic