Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 10:52:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam: Winnipeg *Registration Is Up!*
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam: Winnipeg *Registration Is Up!*  (Read 36319 times)
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2010, 08:24:20 PM »

Probably should mention that I won't be making it regrettably.  Mostly a money thing, and the fact that I really want to at least do a small bit of traveling this summer, on this continent for once.  Way too many North American cities that I've never been to.

I really hope it's an awesome jam though, and if there ends up being another Winnipeg one down the road then I'll definitely think about attending.  Smiley
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2010, 09:05:07 PM »

Where are people staying for this event?

If we get funding, we'll be able to put people up in hotels, if not we'll have to figure out places to crash. Smiley

KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2010, 07:19:18 AM »

I'm interested in coming. I live about 3.5 hours out of Winnipeg so it's very doable.

I could also help out with fixing up the computers if they're not done by the jam. I used to fix computers for a living (8 years of it) so whatever needs to get done computer fixing/set up wise I can do it.

mattfox12
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2010, 10:39:44 AM »

I'm very interested in making the trip. It's not too bad of a drive from South Dakota.

ChevyRay
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2010, 11:55:53 AM »

Man, seems like there could be a serious turnout to this Shocked I'm gettin pretty stoked!
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2010, 04:33:11 PM »

I could also help out with fixing up the computers if they're not done by the jam. I used to fix computers for a living (8 years of it) so whatever needs to get done computer fixing/set up wise I can do it.

Yeah, really it's just installing the proper drivers. They have a bunch of computers with different hardware configurations, but I managed to figure out which ones are which. Now it should just be a matter of installing stuff. (Hopefully) So I'll get back to you on that. Smiley

mattfox12: Sweet! Smiley

KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2010, 05:11:53 PM »

The worst drivers to install are on older laptops where they just don't have all the drivers on the website, or can't find it on the website, or wrong versions and you can't just physically look at the hardware built in. Or even worse, downgrading a laptop from Vista to XP without the proper drivers. D:

Anyway, a tool that used to help me was Everest. It hasn't been updated in a while but can usually read even newish hardware. You can get it at. http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Fresh diagnose is apparently a really good device indentifier but I never used it during the time I was working so I don't know exactly how well it works, but I've heard good things. You can get it at http://www.freshdevices.com/files/diagnose.exe

They're both free, so if you still need something to help identify devices they're there. Also they are useful to have for any computer you want to know the detailed specs on and such without ripping it open, or to find other driver info in the future.

Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2010, 06:46:33 PM »

Counting down the days... man I'm excited. Grin

vagabond_king
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2010, 10:47:42 AM »

This is sweet, glad to see this coming together. Are we in need of computers?places to crash? I can probably bring a computer (I have a large iMac nearby, and maybe a new laptop by then to contribute) and could put a couple pol up in a pinch.  Ive got one good sleeping couch and can get a comfy double air mattress, its no best western but my apartment is close by. Its pretty awesome to see this coming to winnipeg and will contribute however i can.
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2010, 08:20:09 PM »

I have a 6 x 11 Intuos 3 Wacom tablet which I'll probably be bringing if, you know, some artists need something to draw on.

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2010, 05:14:12 AM »

Event registration is up here: http://tigjamwpg.eventbrite.com/

Note: if you absolutely can't get a laptop, there are some usable computers at the venue... Maybe 5 or 6. They'll have Windows XP and Unity trial versions on them. I'd strongly recommend bringing your own laptop if you can.

Gentleman

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2010, 06:33:12 AM »

Registered up! Now to work on getting a laptop ready.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2010, 07:33:52 AM »

registered!

cup full of magic charisma
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2010, 04:52:40 PM »

My ticket has been purchased. Now I HAVE to go, no matter how much I dislike driving in Winnipeg.  Addicted

aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2010, 05:09:22 PM »

woohoo! see you all there Smiley

Matthew
Rapture
Administrator
Level 3

Milling About

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2010, 05:14:18 PM »

Flights purchased!

Matthew Wegner
Currently: Aztez
Founder, Flashbang Studios
Partner, Indie Fund
Editor, Fun-Motion
Co-Chair, IGF
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2010, 06:28:05 PM »

Registered! Gotta find a laptop now.

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2010, 07:38:46 AM »

If you'd like to be included on the list of attendees, and you're not on there already, let me know your name and what website I should link to. Smiley

http://infiniteammo.ca/blog/tigjam-winnipeg-sign-up/

Also we're close to locking down a tshirt design, so if you have any ideas - now would be the time to submit them!  Gentleman

Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2010, 03:40:18 PM »

I wouldn't mind being on the list.

My name is Noel Berry, and my site is http://www.drazzke.com, and I'd be considered as a local Manitoban. Smiley

Thanks man!

Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2010, 10:29:44 PM »

Guys if you signed up PLEAAAASE check the email that your paypal is attached to. We sent out an important form to those email addresses, and we need that form filled out absolutely as soon as possible!!! Thanks :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic