Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:25:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesTIGS community games featured in print magazines (image heavy!)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: TIGS community games featured in print magazines (image heavy!)  (Read 18536 times)
Tr00jg
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2008, 02:23:30 PM »

Whoa, thats cool seeing the games in there! I should enter in one of TIGS compos. Tongue
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2008, 02:30:51 PM »

Yo, I wanted to extend a belated contraturations, dudes!  I need to get my hands on PCGamer UK.

Also, on my visit to Ziff Davis I got a chance to talk to one of the senior editors of GFW and he mentioned that he was a big fan of TIGSource and the indie scene (really cool guy).  You guys are definitely turning heads all over the industry so keep up the good work! Kiss
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2008, 05:05:59 PM »

PC Gamer UK has always had good, if late, indie coverage. More than i can say for, oh, all of the other mags. GFW included.

kitty
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2008, 05:09:46 PM »

HM. I'm a bit late on this, but congratulations to all!
Zaphos
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2008, 09:33:37 PM »

Relatedly, 1up/GameVideos just recently put up a freeloader episode covering Sumotori Dreams, Synaesthete, I Wanna Be The Guy, and Crayon Physics.  It's here: http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/17048
It's also included alongside something else as 1up Show filler, so a decent number of people will probably see it Smiley
Xander
TIGSource Editor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2008, 02:22:51 PM »

The last issue of GamesTM was pretty good; there was a healthy dose of Doujin-soft coverage too, as well as Johnathan Mak's face filling half a page. It's definitely a promising amount of coverage, but what I really like is that it isn't just the Mak's and Blow's getting coverage but also Haowan and Cactus and Co.

Only once Pacian gets a mention will I truly be happy though. Poizoned Mind (sp?) was sweet!
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2008, 04:18:11 PM »

If anyone is in the San Francisco area, I was interviewed by ABC Channel 7 news today at my Macworld booth, on the topic of mobile gaming.  I spent most of the time talking about the iPhone/iPod Touch SDK and my excitement at what independent game developers can do with it once they have a proper SDK.

Hopefully I can find somebody to tape it, and hopefully I don't sound too silly Smiley.  It's going to be on the 6 o'clock news on channel 7.

@doomlaser, mark johns
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2008, 11:09:18 PM »

If anyone is in the San Francisco area, I was interviewed by ABC Channel 7 news today at my Macworld booth, on the topic of mobile gaming.  I spent most of the time talking about the iPhone/iPod Touch SDK and my excitement at what independent game developers can do with it once they have a proper SDK.

Hopefully I can find somebody to tape it, and hopefully I don't sound too silly Smiley.  It's going to be on the 6 o'clock news on channel 7.

Mega awesome ;o
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2008, 07:30:07 PM »

Also, on my visit to Ziff Davis I got a chance to talk to one of the senior editors of GFW and he mentioned that he was a big fan of TIGSource and the indie scene (really cool guy).  You guys are definitely turning heads all over the industry so keep up the good work! Kiss

Games For Windows Magazine (US, if that makes a difference) really does keep tabs on this community! In their February 2008 issue, I saw some TIGS community games made it into their "52 Free Games to Play Now!" article. A few that I recognize are Cottage of Doom and Gunlimb from the B-Game competition. I also see Synaesthete, MSOIDS, Crayon Physics, Platform, Hasslevania, I Wanna Be The Guy, Dwarf Fortress, Acidbomb, Trilby: The Art of Theft, and Flow as at least being featured either here or on the forums. There's also a 2-page article featuring Jon Mak (Everyday Shooter), Petri Purho (Crayon Physics), and Paul Preece (Desktop Tower Defense). The 52 games article continues the trend of not really acknowledging the developers of the game (the maker of Teh Forum Game didn't know his game was in the magazine, and the Dwarf Fortress piece points the user to a download from Gamershell of all things  Lips Sealed), but still, it's damn cool to see your work in print.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2008, 09:49:39 PM »

Yeah! GFW FTMFW!

I saw that article as well and flipped when I saw Cottage of Doom featured. There is hope for the US video game press yet.

All I can is that it's a great time to be gaming nowadays...

viva la revolution!

:D

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2008, 09:57:40 AM »

Nice! Thanks for the heads-up Grin

Madgarden
Level 1

C=

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2008, 11:12:10 AM »

Saucelifter was reviewed in Retrogamer UK a little while ago: linky
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2008, 05:19:56 PM »

There's a nice spread on Gamma 256 in the latest EDGE Magazine (here in the UK again), but I don't have a decent enough camera/scanner. :/

olücæbelel
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2008, 05:40:21 PM »

Actually I'm just a shit photographer with a shit camera(phone).

http://www.shinygerbil.co.uk/pics/edge1.jpg
http://www.shinygerbil.co.uk/pics/edge2.jpg

olücæbelel
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2008, 05:52:16 PM »

POST DELETED.  thanks, shinygerbil!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 06:58:17 PM by Golds » Logged

@doomlaser, mark johns
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2008, 05:52:46 PM »

MINE TOO. THIS IS FUN

olücæbelel
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2008, 10:22:10 AM »

Should've asked them why Edge is like $200/yr to subscribe to in Canada.

fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2008, 09:16:24 AM »

holy crap!
thanks gerbil.
i heard it was out today but its gonna take like a month and a half before it gets to canada.

this is a minor dream come true.

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2008, 09:36:07 AM »

MAGI was reviewed in PC Zone somewhile ago. It got 78% and lost only to Chocolate Castle (no shame - CC is awesome) which had 82% Wink. It was a great feeling to see my game reviewed in a big print magazine. Especially as they've sent me a copy.

Here's a scan of the review.

Those guys have a monthly section about indie games - way to go for gaming magazines.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
PHeMoX
Level 2

"All bugs are belong to us."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2008, 09:46:28 AM »

Congratulations, it's indeed cool that they review Indie games too. Smiley

The interview with Kokoromi was pretty interesting too.  Grin

"Fun is rule."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print