Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:37:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesTIGS community games featured in print magazines (image heavy!)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: TIGS community games featured in print magazines (image heavy!)  (Read 18503 times)
gummikana
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2008, 02:28:32 AM »

Jason Rohrer's (jcr13 on the boards) Passage was featured in The Wall Street Journal  Shocked
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120034796455789469.html

Petri Purho
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2008, 02:35:35 AM »

Jason Rohrer's (jcr13 on the boards) Passage was featured in The Wall Street Journal  Shocked
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120034796455789469.html

Shocked
A great article, too.

ChevyRay
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2009, 04:21:04 AM »

TOPIC REVIVAL.

Jwaap informed me that Skullpogo was featured in Joystick Magazine, and sent me a pic.

The article is awesome too Smiley

I notice that it's right next to Edmund's Meat Boy as well! Funny coincidence, seeing as they were also featured together in Bytejacker's 12th episode. I'll try to get a pic of Meat Boy and Jwaap's game Pro Killer Man also, which was featured as well. I forgot to ask him for those.

EDIT: got Pro Killer Man

« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 04:37:06 AM by ChevyRay » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2009, 10:18:39 AM »

Yeah joystick is a french ultra mainstream wow advertisement videogames mag, and it features more and more indie games.
Last year in july they even had a special issue with only indie games including many games from people here(cactus,derek) and games from TIGS compos, and all the famous indie artsy faggots authors. More than one hundred games. It was awesome.
If only I had a scanner I would have posted some scans, wouldn't I? Gentleman Obviously!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 10:38:08 AM by moi » Logged

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2009, 10:34:46 AM »

Go crappy phone cam!

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2009, 01:05:26 PM »

Yay, MAGI Kiss. Any chance of knowing what they wrote about it?

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2009, 04:58:36 PM »

I'll tell you when I have the time but if I remember correctly it was not very informative.
I suspect one of their journalists read the forums regularly.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2009, 08:25:45 PM »

Yay, MAGI Kiss. Any chance of knowing what they wrote about it?

here goes
(approximate translation and adaptation par moi)
Quote from: joystick
This is a call to all RPG players. But caution, not the fake players that choose paladin or barbarian classes. No, we're going to talk about the real RPG spirit à la diablo2 : the Magician.
Necromancer,witch, cleric, all these men and women who, while listening to Black Sabbath and ripping entrails off virgins, learn to master the arcanes of the great David Copperfield or Siegfried and Roy. We are going to focus on these disciples of the rabbit-in-the-hat techniques with Magi, a game halfway between action,magic and strategy.
The first, essential phase will be the creation of the character. Before distributing competence points and other trinkets, we'll have to examine toroughly the type of magician we want to incarnate. Necromancer, technolich, ice queen, each class is played differently, possessing very powerful "signature" spells.
The rest of the game is quite simple, the two wizards end up face to face and must balance offensive and defensive spells, invocations or curses to weaken the enemy and take him down at the end of a ferocious duel.
After what, you'll have to distribute experience and new spells in order to levelup your ultimate magician, ready to defeat death itself in order to become immortal.
Here we are with an excellent game, mix of magic and a motionless pong, hypnotic, exhilarating and rather well finished, if you can forget the horrible drawings of the magicians themselves. But oh well, we are just bickering here.

Fuzz
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2009, 08:29:43 PM »

That review has style. But why don't they like the wizard graphics?
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2009, 11:04:37 PM »

Thanks a lot, moi.

Quote from: Fuzz
But why don't they like the wizard graphics?
Probably because these aren't too good indeed.
 Shrug

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Fuzz
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2009, 11:08:30 PM »

Thanks a lot, moi.

Quote from: Fuzz
But why don't they like the wizard graphics?
Probably because these aren't too good indeed.
 Shrug

I liked them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic