Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411937 Posts in 69434 Topics- by 58481 Members - Latest Member: Maiu

June 12, 2024, 03:36:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Experimental Chick v2
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Experimental Chick v2  (Read 1603 times)
ThirdBM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 01, 2009, 01:25:50 AM »

We've worked on a simple block breaker game The Experimental Chick(previously "The Hujob Redemption").
I once posted about it before, and this is the new version of it.

There are two modes in this game.
1. Memorial mode : Destroy all surrounded blocks to reach to the outside world.
2. Survival mode : Shoot or dodge enemies to survive as long as you can.

I recommend you to try Memorial mode first. It contains how to play.

Please try it and let us know what you think. Feedbacks are always welcome!
I hope you enjoy this.

Download here
-> http://www.box.net/shared/737keevs1r
-> http://www.mediafire.com/file/o3ibhgznmr3/Chick.zip

Trailer
->

pgil
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 04:59:02 PM »

Playing Memorial mode right now. I'm having a lot of fun with the game. Nice simple concept, but challenging.

Just some random thoughts:
-I think the monster corpses stick around too long. It gets confusing while they're on screen with so much else going on. Especially when everything else can kill you.
-The hit boxes on the enemies seem kind of big.. or maybe I'm just bad at this game.
-I like the music. I think it fits the mood really well, and I'm glad you didn't go with the same 200 bpm techno that you usually hear in games like this. It could definitely use more variety, but I like the style.
-Any chance of a full-screen mode?

Overall, I like it. Keep it up  Beer!
Eraser
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 11:11:51 PM »

Nah, the music was just too short so it got annoying fast.
Game was pretty interesting. I had some difficulty on the last level, initially, but that's because I had no strategy going into it. After blowing up the blocks on a linear path to segregate where the enemies could spawn, I was able to win.

This is a nice short game, certainly not long (maybe 15-20 minutes to beat the memorial mode). I'm glad you didn't try to drag this game out either... and I've not yet felt like playing survival mode, although that's usually not a type of mode I like to play.
ThirdBM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 06:18:47 AM »

Thanks for the feedback. It helped so much!

Playing Memorial mode right now. I'm having a lot of fun with the game. Nice simple concept, but challenging.

Just some random thoughts:
-I think the monster corpses stick around too long. It gets confusing while they're on screen with so much else going on. Especially when everything else can kill you.
-The hit boxes on the enemies seem kind of big.. or maybe I'm just bad at this game.
-I like the music. I think it fits the mood really well, and I'm glad you didn't go with the same 200 bpm techno that you usually hear in games like this. It could definitely use more variety, but I like the style.
-Any chance of a full-screen mode?

Overall, I like it. Keep it up  Beer!

I never relized the monster corpses remain too long so it confuse the screen. It should be fixed indeed.
And right, hit boxes are pretty tight. It's intended because the hit boxes are connected to game's difficulty.
If the game gets too easy, player will be fed up soon. Besides, Memorial mode have very short playtime as Eraser said. Smiley
But I'll keep in mind of it. And will add full-screen mode next time.

Nah, the music was just too short so it got annoying fast.
Game was pretty interesting. I had some difficulty on the last level, initially, but that's because I had no strategy going into it. After blowing up the blocks on a linear path to segregate where the enemies could spawn, I was able to win.

This is a nice short game, certainly not long (maybe 15-20 minutes to beat the memorial mode). I'm glad you didn't try to drag this game out either... and I've not yet felt like playing survival mode, although that's usually not a type of mode I like to play.

I'm surprised that you clear the last level so fastly.
As you did, after knowing the simple strategy, this game is a piece of cake.
I agree about music. I like the melody but sometimes annoying when it keep looping.
Maybe It's better to add sound off option.
We put Survival mode just for test. I prefer Memorial mode eather. Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic