Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:12:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeSomething Wonderful - Something Atypical
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Something Wonderful - Something Atypical  (Read 1297 times)
sc2timeloc
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2009, 03:25:40 AM »

Brief description:
This is going to be an exceptionally small open-source freeware project as a fun hobby. The object is to design and develop a game in which players learn something educational, be this organic chemistry, sociolinguistics, or aerodynamics. It doesn't matter; it could be (almost) anything as long as the player learns something that is applicable or at least relevant to Real Life. There's a ton of really fascinating ideas that the gaming (entertainment) industry would never consider making. It's a shame. The kind of game this project aims for simply does not exist, or I've yet to find it, and my whole motivation is to make it exist. In many respects, this would be an "indie" project. There are many things this kind of game cannot be for a wide range of reasons, but I don't want to bore you with them.

Technology:
The programming language could be Python, Ruby, or any other. I don't think it makes much of a difference.

Talent needed:
Only people with passion.

Please PM me. Please be serious.

Additional Info:
We chat about ideas for the game at least once a day.

All
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic