Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 07:02:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTrying to find an old RPG for the PC
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Trying to find an old RPG for the PC  (Read 2753 times)
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« on: January 07, 2008, 12:02:33 PM »

Hi all, I'm trying to track down an old shareware RPG I used to play the demo of.

It was for PC, and the graphics mode was tall pixels. The game was tile-based, top-down and people were represented facing the camera (as though they were lying on their backs, I suppose). Your quest was to gather the pieces of an old wizard's armour, or was it a king's armour, anyway I think it was golden and the shareware version had enough game for you to get the first piece. Town view was pretty normal, and when you went into the wider world you would get a macro view. Getting in fights in the wider world transported you to a square area where you would battle whatever you were accosted by or try to escape by moving off the edge of the area.

I *think* you could get extra people in your party. I *think* that's what you could do. And you could definitely get horses and ride them. It was pretty much by-the-numbers, but I liked it. That's all the info I have, really. I could probably draw some pictures of what it looked like at a stretch... anyway, if anyone has any ideas, post back!

crukid
Level 0

creepy lurker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 02:33:03 AM »

Windows, or DOS?  And what year did you play it?
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 03:20:21 AM »

Sorry, it would have been DOS I think. Pretty old now. 1996? 97? no later than 1998, certainly, and not long before 1996 either.

Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 10:13:16 AM »

moar clues please.

Also try googling random combinations of applicable keywords. I've found old games with things like "princess turned to stone game". You never know.

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
StephenAnthony
Level 0

BAD LUCK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 08:34:26 AM »

Do you remember if the graphics were good for the time? Because 96-98 actually had some fairly sophisticated graphics compared to like... the early 90s. What you just described sounds like a game with pretty antiquated graphics, but I could be misunderstanding you.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic