Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:30:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDefend Against Zombies
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Defend Against Zombies  (Read 7009 times)
OneMoreGo
Level 3

Stop looking at my chest

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 03:15:09 AM »

Time flies but only been working on this on weekends really.  I will release a new build shortly but for now thought i'd share a pic of something I did to amuse myself while designing a simpler and cleaner level.

I have a blank block that I use as a placeholder to help me plan a level before I add the final models. I couldn't resist making it a homage to one of my favourite games, Minecraft, by slapping some textures on them Smiley I'll switch back now, they are a bit distracting :D

OneMoreGo
Level 3

Stop looking at my chest

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 03:41:48 PM »

Uploaded the latest build of the demo, if you tried an early build and found it slow to load or that it looked garbled, try again - it's much improved!  Hand Any Key

http://www.onemoregogames.com/downloads/

+I've totally switched around the loading so that more is done in parallel, it's smoother and quicker
+You can choose your resolution and FULL SCREEN.
+There are now three levels, I'm trying out a cleaner level design. One of the levels is a variation where you can build anywhere (by popular demand!!).
+The zombies now have health bars above them to show how much health they have left

Still a few bugs in there, e. you have to have LESS than 0 survivors to lose so you still have a chance to win while it shows 000.  There might be a bit of a memory leak in there somewhere too so you might find the game slows down after a few levels (particularly on old machines), I recommend quitting the game and restarting if thats the case.
OneMoreGo
Level 3

Stop looking at my chest

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 08:13:49 AM »

Fixed a few bugs, notably the loading of the 3rd level Facepalm. Get it at the download page .

Here's a screenshot of the new level, trying a simpler look and symmetrical layout.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic