Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 12:25:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallGaijin/Robotube Blip Festival Battle of the Brands is imminent!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gaijin/Robotube Blip Festival Battle of the Brands is imminent!  (Read 1216 times)
CommanderVideo
Level 0

Sometimes a really good video game is just awesome

View Profile WWW
« on: December 01, 2009, 03:31:26 PM »

Hey Peeps!

As we all know, Blip Festival 2009 is almost upon us, and I thought I'd take this opportunity to let everyone in on a little secret...

The handsome frontman from Robotube Games is going to be collaborating with the Gaijin crew on a little experimental Blip Festival inspired video game project.  Here are the rules:

1. Try to make a game in one day while at Blip Festival 2009
2. Drink lots of coffee
3. Release the end product to the public, even if we fail miserably

They are the only rules.

You will live the results.

And for marketing purposes, we're calling this fantastic event the BATTLE OF THE BRANDS!  Even though we're collaborating, not battling!  And even though we may not even use our existing "brands".  It just sounds so cool.  And you know what?  We can do whatever we want!  It's our freakin' deal, so shut up if you feel like it! 

We'll each be updating our sties, blogs, twitters, facebookz, etc.  In the spirit of being indie, we're flying this plane by the seat of our pants!

Wish us luck. 

Love and kisses,
Gaijin/Robotube/Blip

Blip Festival is entering its fourth year of celebrating the best and brightest from the realm of chipmusic and its related disciplines.  The festival showcases the use of the former heavyweights of computing such as the Commodore 64 and Amiga, the Atari ST and 2600, and the Nintendo Entertainment System and Game Boy to create arresting music and visual art.
http://blipfestival.org/2009/

Gaijin Games is the independent video game development studio behind the chipmusic-inspired retro-arcade BIT.TRIP series and is a sponsor of Blip Festival 2009.
http://www.gaijingames.com/?page_id=406

Robotube Games is the independent video game development studio behind addictive web/iPhone games Bloktonik and Zyrx.  They are also the creators of the Bit Museum & Peek Poke series of video game history web "tv" shows.
http://www.robotubegames.com/
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 03:36:19 PM »

who will be the brand challenger and who will be the challenged?

CommanderVideo
Level 0

Sometimes a really good video game is just awesome

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 03:39:28 PM »

I hope to be the challenger, but I know I'll be challenged, since I've never made a flash game in my life, and Jason Cirillo and the Gaijin crew have never worked together before.  I hope chairs get thrown.   Mock Anger
PlayMeTape
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 03:58:40 PM »

1. All of the above.

2. Epicness ensues?
Robotube
TIGBaby

Nice Match!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 07:21:45 PM »

Chairs WILL be thrown.  And not those crappy metal ones, I'm talking La-Z-Boys.  I think, even if the  game is a resounding success, Alex and I will probably trade a few suplexes or power bombs just for the press.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic