Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411945 Posts in 69435 Topics- by 58481 Members - Latest Member: Maiu

June 12, 2024, 07:43:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHydra Project - My Bachelor's Final Work [finished]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hydra Project - My Bachelor's Final Work [finished]  (Read 1917 times)
emanuelmaues
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2009, 03:38:13 AM »

First of all, sorry for any bad english.

This is my first game project. I developed to acquire my bachelor's degree. It focused on study the Microsoft XNA capabilities to craft games. So, as a way to validate my work, I created a game from it. And here is the thing.

Images' real size is 800x600:

I won't provide too much details about the mechanics cuz i want to see if people can figure it out with the aid of the help screen.

Download Link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/317321457/HydraProject.rar.html

To install, run "setup.exe" or "ProjectHYDRA.application". If you don't have XNA, the executable will install for itself. After that, the game will begin. To uninstall, use Add/Remove Programs.

If anything happens with your computer or something goes deeply wrong, please, reply this thread or contact me by email, which is emanuelmaues at gmail dot com.

The minimal screen resolution to run is 800x600. It will run anyway, even if your PC does not meet that requeriment, but you won't probably be able to play correctly.

I don't know if it can work on Mac with Parallels or Linux with Mono or Wine, whatever. But if you manage to do it, i will be deeply grateful if you can tell me about your experience  Smiley.

During the craft, i had the opportunity to play it on a HP Mini with 1GB ram and Windows XP. It ran safe and sound.

Any constructive criticism is welcome. At last, enjoy the game!

Controls: Keyboard.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 05:07:55 PM by emanuelmaues » Logged
increpare
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 11:45:45 AM »

I clicked through a bunch of links to get to the download page, and then couldn't download it :/ (it just stood there on the download page and did nothing).

Maybe you could put it up somewhere else where people can download it more directly/simply?
emanuelmaues
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 05:09:12 PM »

I moved the file to rapidshare. This might solve the problem. Thanks.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic